Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

More Questions Empty
PostSubject: More Questions   More Questions I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 8:03 pm

Do you know where to find the bible verse about the 1st being last?

and/or sheep

Does anyone have any feelings for, past experience with, or stories to tell about Hospice?
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

More Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Questions   More Questions I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 5:41 am

Matthew 20:16 Context

[size=12]13But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? 14Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. 15Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? 16So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen. 17And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them, 18Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, 19And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again
[/size]

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

More Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Questions   More Questions I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Thanks to Michael for locating the right verses.
In further context He is describing those who spent many years 'laboring in the field'-that is, Growing the Kingdom, spreading the Gospel; and those who came a longer time after them, and therefore worked less.  
When the 'first' saw the latecomers received the same payment. they thought it unfair, yet Jesus says to them, you accepted the 'payment' when you agreed to work.  Why do you now think it's unfair, unjust.  You are paid the agreed upon price, just as they are.
-------------------------------------

My hospice experience only lasted 2 days, but I had to know all about their services before contracting with them.
First, it is fully paid for by medicare.  They were called in by the physician, and I signed their contract forms as medical proxy.  They sent a case supervisor, an RN, a hospital bed for safety (side rails) and elevation (anti-choke), certain meds including comfort meds (morphine), ordered oxygen, and established a visit schedule. We already had 24 hour home health aides at the residence.
They follow the guidelines (wishes) of the patient that they've previously laid out in their 'living will-medical' forms.
They were brought in because we declined to send her to the hospital.  We knew we were clearly at 'end of life', yet the timing was not obvious, and it's something she did not want hospital.
After her passing, they were very thoughtful and do offer grief counseling as a free service as well.

I asked the doctor about withholding fluids (a horrible thought) and he said that's not done.   But they would not have used a feeding tube of any kind.  And I'm guessing they would not have given IV fluids either, but I don't know that.
They sent someone to pronounce the death (rather than the doctor coming).
For us, it was a very good experience.
I have heard of them being involved 6 months in advance, and cases where the patient recovered to the point of no longer needing them.  We did not need to do that because we already had help in the house and a doctor who did house calls.
(That's not easy to find these days.  When the doctor we had retired, I had to join a concierge service at quite the expense, to have someone who would come to the house. And that fee is not covered by any insurance.)

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Questions   More Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: