Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer

Go down 
AuthorMessage

U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer Empty
PostSubject: U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer   U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:53 pm

http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/06/u-c-removes-church-pews-to-accomodate-muslim-prayer/

pewsMultiple sources are reporting that the University of Chicago removed pews from an 88-year old chapel to accommodate Islamic prayers.

This photo via Campus Reform shows the chapel before the pews were removed last year.

Chicago NPR affiliate, WBEZ news, reported on May 23, the pews, which are now part of display at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) Chicago, were “removed in order to provide Muslim students a place to pray.”

Literature describing the artwork that was created by UC Director of Arts and Public Life Theaster Gates, also describes the removal of the pews as symbol of religious tolerance.

“The pews were recently removed from the chapel in order to offer Muslim students a place to pray, a symbolic gesture of religious tolerance,” according to an official description of the exhibit which includes a “set of repurposed pews from the University of Chicago’s campus church.”

MORE@LINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer   U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Removing half of the pews might be considered tolerance. Maybe. Removing all of them would be considered favoritism and inconsiderate of those who were already using them. I think they know that.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer   U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:50 pm

The only country in the world that stands up to the musloids are the Swiss. They're not allowed to build anything unless it passes traditional Swiss building code, i.e. even new buildings MUST look like a traditional Swiss structure and be "antiqued" to a certain extent. No minarets, no burkas, no sharia, no protesting, no nonsense. If you don't like it you can always LEAVE (the preferred alternative). Should they decide to leave and promise not to return, the Swiss even pay their way and give them a few hundred Euros chuckle Don't let the door hit yah where the Good Lord split yah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer   U.C. removes church pews to accomodate Muslim prayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1