Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today Empty
PostSubject: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 pm

Just wanted to tell y'all that I lost my girl dog Eve this afternoon around 4pm PST. She went very fast. I was with when she passed giving her what comfort I could. It wasn't easy watching her take that last breath but I'm grateful that I was there at the end. I suppose tomorrow morning I'll dig a grave in the back just like I did for my two cats so many years ago. My boy dog Adam seems fine but I kind of get the idea that he knows something has changed. Truth be told I expected Eve to out live Adam as he's about 3 years older.  Eve was 13 years old and I gave her the best life that I could. I’m grateful to God who brought her into my life for the years we had together.

As for me, I'm OK. I did a lot of reading on end of life for dogs on the internet and knew all the signs so I had some time to prepare for this. I knew it was coming on rapidly sometime early yesterday.

I’m grateful to have y’all to share this loss with. Losing a pet is like losing a loved and precious member of the family.

Photo  is Adam & Eve in 2012 – Eve is the white one.

Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today Adam__10

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 9:51 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of your sadness Researcher.  I know  it hurts so very much. You know though... you being there with Eve was very comforting to her.  You know you did the best a  parent could do - sticking there with her to the end .  
  The love and devotion of our special  4 legged family members are sometimes not seen by the "blind" ones of this world. ..  But you Researcher , see.... and your little furred children know your heart and were blessed to have such a caring home in which to live and carry on. 
  God Bless You Researcher.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 am

So sorry, Researcher.  Love lives forever, and dogs are Love.  I believe.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 6:20 am

i know how you feel.....i lost my coon, booger, this summer.....it hurt and took a while to get used to....i have 3 dogs and 7 cats and a squirrel now. The dogs are 15 and 14 and 9 years old......one of the outside cat is 18 1/2...... so i am not far out from being in your shoes with the dogs.....its the worst thing about having a pet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 10:28 am

researcher,
My heart felt condolences!
They are family, your best friend always wanting to please and play with you.
I'm still not over Smokey yet, takes a while...
Sorry to hear about your girl.
Dave
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Last night was kind of rough. At bedtime Eve would burrow under the covers to get her goodnight snuggles and belly rubs. I really missed that. She slept under the covers all night with just her nose poking out. I made a burrow bed for Adam like the one in the photo below as he likes to be alone but Eve wanted to be close.

Italian Greyhounds are all burrowers.

Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today Dog-burrow-beds-for-small-dogs-great-advantage-of-dog-burrows-burrow-bed-for-dogs-l-1f9bf1080ac078ef

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Prayers and Well wishes researcher. The Lord can bless us with some amazing animal friends throughout life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today   Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost My Italian Greyhound Girl Dog Today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: