Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Empty
PostSubject: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:57 am

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Relic of the god of death found inside mummy's tomb and kept in museum for 80 years starts SPINNING on its own

• 10-inch tall relic, is an offering to Egyptian God Osiris, God of the dead

• It has been filmed on a time lapse, seemingly spinning 180 degrees

• TV physicist Brian Cox among the experts being consulted on mystery

• But some now believe there could be 'spiritual explanation' for turning statue

By AMANDA WILLIAMS
PUBLISHED: 03:10 EST, 23 June 2013 | UPDATED: 10:07 EST, 23 June 2013

It sounds like the something from the script of a Hollywood action adventure.

But the 'mystery of the moving mummy'  -  which has seen an Egyptian statue mysteriously start to spin round in a display case - has spooked museum bosses.

The 10-inch tall relic, an offering to the Egyptian God Osiris, was found in a mummy's tomb and has been at the Manchester Museum for 80 years. 

But in recent weeks, curators have been left scratching their heads after they kept finding it facing the wrong way. They now believe there could be a 'spiritual explanation' for the turning statue. 

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Article-2346758-1A7342F2000005DC-556_634x411
Egyptologist Campbell Price studies an ancient Egyptian statuette at the Manchester Museum, which appears to be moving on its own

It is believed that there is a curse of the pharaohs which strikes anyone who dares to take relics from a pyramid tomb.

Experts decided to monitor the room on time-lapse video and were astonished to see it clearly show the statuette spinning 180 degrees - with nobody going near it.

The statue of a man named Neb-Senu is seen to remain still at night but slowly rotate round during the day.

Now scientists are trying to explain the phenomenon, with TV physicist Brian Cox among the experts being consulted.

Scientists who explored the Egyptian tombs in the 1920s were popularly believed to be struck by a 'curse of the Pharaohs'. 

Now Campbell Price, a curator at the museum on Oxford Road, said he believes there may be a spiritual explanation to the spinning statue.

Egyptologist Mr Price, 29, said: 'I noticed one day that it had turned around.

'I thought it was strange because it is in a case and I am the only one who has a key.
'I put it back but then the next day it had moved again.

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Article-2346758-1A7342DE000005DC-835_634x424

The 10-inch tall relic, which dates back to 1800 BC, has been at the museum for 80 years but curators say it has recently starting rotating 180 degrees during the day

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346758/Ancient-Egyptian-statue-started-MOVING-sparking-fears-struck-curse-Pharaohs.html#ixzz2X3SsxiOg 

Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:15 pm

If true, I wonder why it waited 80 years to move and why just now?  Vibrations or something else?  The link below shows the time laspe video of it turning.  The statue was buried with a mummy as an offering to Osiris.  Osiris was killed and cut into pieces by his brother Seth.  In turn, Osiris's son Horus battled Seth for 80 years to avenge the murder and won but in the process lost his eye.  He later had his eye returned to him and he presented it to Osiris (who had been reassembled by Isis) and thus we get that famous symbol, The Eye of Horus or as some call it now, the all-seeing eye.  
Weird stuff.  

Just to note, the eye of Horus was placed on the back of the dollar bill 80 years ago in 1933.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/video-curse-spinning-statue-manchester-4698583
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:46 pm

I smell something fishy in all this. OK, so set the statue down on the glass shelf facing the right way, set a 24/7 camera up, clear the place from ALL people for a while and see if it still rotates. Bet it won't. I sense some skullduggery going on here.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 pm

That's definitely a possiblity ...... now if it starts talking, then we have a problem here. Laughing
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346758/Ancient-Egyptian-statue-started-MOVING-sparking-fears-struck-curse-Pharaohs.html

OK, go watch the time lapse movie of the statue rotating [it's at the bottom of the link].  Notice the thing moves ONLY when there are crowds of people tromping around and notice how it doesn't move when the museum goes 'lights out' and there aren't any crowds tromping around.  Probably vibration caused by all those feet pounding the floor move it around.  Cure: a little earthquake putty under the statue should solve the problem.  If you live in California then you know about earthquake putty.  The Manchester Museum needs to get with the program.

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? QuakeHold
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:03 pm

researcher wrote:
 Cure: a little earthquake putty under the statue should solve the problem.  If you live in California then you know about earthquake putty.  

I've never heard of earthquake putty?   We just use duct tape for everything here in the south.  :-)
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:17 pm

We use duct tape here in earthquake country too.  lol!

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? F88d2
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:29 pm

lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:45 pm

The statue is turning it's back on society. I'd do the same thing right about now.

But why that statue? Why aren't the other ones turning?

The duck tape road fix pic was hilarius btw.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Is Ancient Egyptian Statue Moving on Its Own?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:29 am

Published on Jun 23, 2013
http://www.themorningstarr.co.uk/2013...

Curators at the Manchester Museum have been left flabbergasted after CCTV footage has shown an ancient Egyptian statue has began moving around all on its own.

The seemingly haunted statue rotates on its base in an anti-clockwise direction, as if looking around the museum's egyptology department with it's own spectral eyes. Egg-headed boffin and artefact expert Campbell Price was the first to notice the 250mm black object had been moving around, but he initially assumed that another member of museum staff had been buggering about in the display case and simply nudged the effigy. It soon became apparent that the statue was moving regularly, either by someone's hand or perhaps supernatural influence.

Price set up a CCTV camera to monitor the statue's display cabinet and the unbelievable footage shows that the statue mysteriously moves all by itself. 

http://www.themorningstarr.co.uk/2013...

The ancient Egyptians manufactured statues like the one in the museum to act as vessels for the souls of the deceased. Could this really be a centuries old dead Egyptian rattling about in a museum display case? Tell us what you reckon could be moving the artefact in the comments section below

An ancient Egyptian statue appears to have started moving on its own, much to the amazement of scientistsIs this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Icon1 and museum curators.

The statue of Neb-Senu, believed to date to 1800 B.C., is housed in the Manchester Museum in England — at least for now. But if the statue keeps moving, there's no telling where it will end up.

"I noticed one day that it had turned around," museum curator Campbell PriceIs this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Icon1 told theManchester Evening News. "I thought it was strange because it is in a case and I am the only one who has a key.
"I put it back, but then the next day it had moved again," Price said. "We set up a time-lapse videoIs this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? Icon1 and, although the naked eye can't see it, you can clearly see it rotate."
The 10-inch (25 centimeters) statue was acquired by the museum in 1933, according to the New York Daily News. The video clearly shows the artifact slowly turning counterclockwise during the day, but remaining stationary at night.

This daytime movement led British physicist Brian Cox to believe the statue's movement is due to the vibration created by museum visitors' footsteps. "Brian thinks it's 'differential friction,' where two surfaces — the stone of the statuette and glass shelf it is on — cause a subtle vibration, which is making the statuette turn," Price said.
"But it has been on those surfaces since we have had it and it has never moved before," Price said. "And why would it go around in a perfect circle?"

On his blog, Price also speculates that the statue "was carved of steatite and then fired [which] may imply that it is now vulnerable to magnetic forces."

Oddly, the statue turns 180-degrees to face backward, then turns no more. This led some observers to wonder if the statue moves to show visitors the inscription on its back, which asks for sacrificial offerings "consisting of bread, beer, oxen and fowl."
None of the proposed explanations satisfies Price. "It would be great if someone could solve the mystery," he said.

Follow Marc Lallanilla on Twitter and Google+. Follow us @livescienceFacebook & Google+. Original article on LiveScience.com.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Didn't copy & paste well, but...

Exodus 7
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

Then the Lord said to Moses, Behold, I have made thee [a]Pharaoh’s [b]God, and Aaron thy brother shall [c]be thy Prophet.
Thou shalt speak all that I commanded thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he suffer the children of Israel to go out of his land.
But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply my miracles, and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
And Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out mine armies, even my people, the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, by great [d]judgments.
Then the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
So Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded them, even so did they.
(Now Moses was [e]fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three, when they spake unto Pharaoh.)
¶ And the Lord had spoken unto Moses and Aaron, saying,
If Pharaoh speak unto you, saying, Show a miracle for you, then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall be turned into a [f]serpent.
10 ¶ Then went Moses and Aaron unto Pharaoh, and did even as the Lord had commanded, and Aaron cast forth his rod before Pharaoh and before his servants, and it was turned into a serpent.
11 Then Pharaoh also called for the wise men and [g]sorcerers: and those charmers also of Egypt did in like manner with their enchantments.
12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they were turned into serpents: but Aaron’s rod devoured their rods.
13 So Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he hearkened not to them, as the Lord had said.
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:51 pm

They're inviting visitors to solve the mystery.

If they'll fund my flight, hotel, food, etc. then I'll come, hehe.

First thing I'll do, get the statue and move it in a different museum there.
If it stopped moving, then case closed.
If not, then take it back home here in the Philippines.
If it stopped moving, then there's something there in the UK :p
If not, then it is probably the miniature statue of the beast.  (What else could there be?)

Well, of course after checking out if there's anything not part of the statue.  Someone might have placed some new technology to make it move or something.

Seriously.  I mean, from a programmer's perspective - elimination time.  If they won't let anyone touch it and move it elsewhere, then it's a marketing gimmick to get new visitors.  Just like those fake crop circles just to make fun of people who believes in it and to discredit the legit ones.

But on a more serious note, if the intention was to show the "sacrifice", well then, I can't help but link it to the coming last Temple of Jerusalem.  A call to resume the Jewish sacrifices, if not the pagan sacrifices.

Additionally, we can say that it is a precursor, a taste if you will, of the miracles the AC will do.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Different museum, but I found it a bit interesting. And, well as if the obelisk painstakingly moved to the Vatican from Egypt wasn't enough they have this mess on exhibit as well.

"Actor James Gandolfini looked at the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead hours before he died from a massive heart attack, two tourists from Philadelphia have revealed.
Gandolfini was seen visiting the Egyptian exhibit at the Vatican Museum in Rome last Wednesday - part of a full day of sightseeing before the 51-year-old 'Sopranos' star collapsed in his hotel room."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2347869/James-Gandolfini-read-Egyptian-Book-Dead-hours-dying-massive-heart-attack.html#ixzz2XT4xAp2j
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?   Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this ancient Egyptian statue a sign that there really is a curse of the Pharaohs?
Page 1 of 1