Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID Empty
PostSubject: VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID   VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 8:24 pm

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-05-08-vitamin-d-survival-nutrient-against-covid-19.html

Natural News) For three months, we’ve been urging our readers to pursue sensible nutritional strategies to boost immune function and protect against infections. Now a study carried out by Northwestern University has found that higher vitamin D levels result in lower mortality rates from covid-19 infections.

Vitamin D deficiency, according to the study, was significantly linked to the development of severe symptoms and complications leading to death.

The study, published in medRxiv, is entitled, “The Possible Role of Vitamin D in Suppressing Cytokine Storm and Associated Mortality in COVID-19 Patients.”

The study used data from coronavirus patients across multiple nations, including the UK, the USA, China, France, Italy and South Korea. Those patients who had the lowest vitamin D levels had the highest risk of complications such as the “cytokine storm” immune reaction that leads to rapid death.

“[W]e saw a significant correlation with vitamin D deficiency,” says study author Vadim Backman.

The research paper concludes, “Our finding suggests that Vit. D may reduce COVID-19 severity by suppressing cytokine storm in COVID-19 patients.”

The paper is careful to note that vitamin D should not be considered a kind of miracle cure for covid-19 and that more research needs to be conducted to further explore the relationship.

The paper was also covered by StudyFinds.org, which explains:

All of the data used for this study was publicly available, and an in-depth analysis revealed a correlation between vitamin D levels and cytokine storm (a form of hyper-inflammation due to an overactive immune system). A relationship between vitamin D and mortality rates among COVID-19 patients was noted as well.

So, the research team believe vitamin D is helpful against COVID-19 because it simultaneously boosts our existing immune systems while also preventing new immune responses from going over board.

“Our analysis shows that it might be as high as cutting the mortality rate in half,” Backman says. “It will not prevent a patient from contracting the virus, but it may reduce complications and prevent death in those who are infected.”

However, it is clear that vitamin D deficiency is harmful, and it can be easily addressed with appropriate supplementation. This might be another key to helping protect vulnerable populations, such as African-American and elderly patients, who have a prevalence of vitamin D deficiency.
Why is no government leader recommend vitamin D or zinc?

MORE@LINK
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID   VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Spending at least 10 minutes a day ( better if more) gives you Vitamin D as well...my husband sat in the sun every day, while he was home. He did this for years, summer and winter...never even got a cold, he's 91, now he is in a nursing home, sits inside all day, 24/7 our Government made it mandatory for staff and visitors to have the flu shot to be able to even visit. I am not anti- vax, but I am pro-choice, I refuse to have the flu shot, so I now cannot visit my husband...Well, when all this is over and back to "normal" I might be allowed to take him out for an hour or so, not yet! He's allowed to "sit with me outside" but it's galloping to winter here, and he has the heater on all day, so I could not be so cruel as to take him outside, for an hour or so.....SO....I will have to wait till summer or the mandate has been lifted somewhat, before I get to see him again.....Should the Lord call him home, either if he is in hospital, same rule applies re flu shot, or in the nursing home, they may not even let me in to see him. Some predicament to be in huh?
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID   VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:44 pm

I get outside in the sun shirtless and in shorts much of the year. Being in So. Calif. I probably get plenty of sun but I still supplement D3 5000 IU daily. It won't hurt me so why not, just in case?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID   VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VITAMIN D FOR IMMUNE SYSTEM & HYPERACTVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DUE TO COVID
Page 1 of 1