Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN

Go down 
AuthorMessage

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Empty
PostSubject: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 5:48 am

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Parchin-nuclear-site-iran-2

Huge Explosions Reported at Suspicious Iranian Nuclear Site; Another Explosion Plunges Tehran Into Darkness

A large explosion was reported in the Parchin military base on Thursday night at 11:21 p.m. local time about 20 miles southeast of the capital Tehran. Defense ministry ...

Last edited by ColonelZ on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 am

I went looking for it and couldn't find the info on it.  Is it hush hush, or me with insufficient coffee in my veins. 
Wonder what's next?  Nothing?  Should we be so fortunate?  Should Israel?

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: DEBKA is reporting this also...   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:37 am

Blast near Tehran blew up secret tunnels and missile production sites

Jun 26, 2020 @ 9:16 Iran nuclear, Parchin blast, Shiraz blast

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Parchin-high-explosive-test-chamber-Oct23_2018-800x445

Satellite photos published by AP on Saturday, June 27, show the big blast at Parchin Friday occurred at the site of an underground tunnels system and missile production site hidden in mountains east of Tehran. Officials first claimed it was caused by a gas leak in the “public area” of the Parchin military base, where Iran had in the past been suspected of conducting high-explosive tests for nuclear warheads.

The gas storage area sits near what analysts describe as Iran’s Khojir missile facility. The explosion appears to have struck a facility for the Shahid Bakeri Industrial Group, which makes solid-propellant rockets, according to one analyst cited by the news agency. Large industrial buildings at the site visible from satellite photographs also suggest missile assembly being conducted there.

Last year, the US Defense Intelligence Agency said Iran overall has the largest underground facility program in the Middle East, which “supports most facets of Tehran’s ballistic missile capabilities, including the operational force and the missile development and production program.” Iran has said that the cause of the explosion, which sent a huge fireball over Tehran and charred wide areas of scrubland, is under investigation.

The last major blast at a missile base near Tehran in 2011, that killed Revolutionary Guard’s missile program chief Hassan Tehrani Moghaddam, was initially described by officials as an accident although Israel was suspected.

DEBKAfile reported earlier:

A large blast at the big Parchin military facility associated in the past with nuclear warhead development was claimed by Iran’s defense ministry spokesman as occurring at a gas storage facility in the public area of the site – not the military base. 30km outside Tehran. The explosion on Thursday night, June 25, sent orange flames and plumes of smoke shooting high in the sky. The spokesman said the fire had been extinguished and there were no casualties.

At around the same time, half of the Iranian city of Shiraz was blacked out by an explosion at the local power station. The two incidents – both under investigation -raised panicky concern on social media of a possible attack on the country.

The nuclear watchdog has for years been denied access to the Parchin military facility to investigate past allegations that it was used prior to 2004 for the secret testing of high explosive components for a nuclear warhead, which Tehran just as consistently denied.

Subsequently, on April 30, 2018, an archive seized by Israel in Tehran revealed that the Parchin site was a key part of Iran’s ongoing nuclear weapons research and development program. This archive contained documentary evidence that in 2003 Iran was operating a nuclear weapons program, codenamed the AMAD Plan, which aimed to build five nuclear weapons and prepare an underground nuclear test site.

Parchin was a key part of that program, used for a specialized, difficult to develop, neutron initiator to start the chain reaction in a nuclear explosion. Some of the equipment is believed to be held ready for later use, potentially when Iran’s 2015 nuclear accord with the six world powers expires.

Last week, the International Atomic Energy Agency claimed its inspectors were still denied access to two sites suspected of nuclear activity on the grounds that Iran’s military facilities are out of bounds to external inspection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Why was there a massive explosion near Tehran in Iran?   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Why was there a massive explosion near Tehran in Iran?

Iran’s official story is that a gas storage facility had a minor accident and no one was harmed.

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN  
JUNE 27, 2020 13:10

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Mail-icon-small   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Twitter-icon-small   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Fb-icon-small   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Messenger-icon-small  
COVERT WARS, AND IRAN 459181

A display featuring missiles and a portrait of Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is seen at Baharestan Square in Tehran, Iran September 27, 2017

(photo credit: NAZANIN TABATABAEE YAZDI/ TIMA VIA REUTERS)
Advertisement

A massive explosion near Tehran lit  up the night sky on Thursday night, so bright it looked like the sun for a split second. Iran’s official story is that a gas storage facility had a minor accident  and no one was harmed. It was  “fortunate,” Iran’s official account says. Nothing to be concerned about. Video shows a small pipe had burst open and exploded.

Iran’s own Press TV showed the glowing explosion. There is a lot of speculation that the facility that exploded is more than just a gas leak. It has links to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and missiles. Others suggested it has links to a nuclear facility and the military. Villages near the facility were likely affected and residents may know more. All of this points to a questionable incident. 

A facility that just happens to be near one of Iran’s major areas for producing rockets and also linked to the country’s nuclear research and nuclear program? At the very least you don’t want those kinds of sensitive sites just blowing up without any clear explanation.

The explosion adds to the usual mystery of what goes on in Iran. Iranians are facing difficult economic times. They also had to deal with a cover-up by the government of COVID-19 threats. In addition they have faced cyber attacks on a port in the south and other disputes. 

A massive explosion near Tehran adds to the concerns that the regime may be flailing about or that sensitive areas, including gas storage, are not properly monitored. Iranian citizens likely won’t get a full accounting of the explosions, just as the government in Tehran didn’t explain how it managed to mistakenly shoot down a civilian airliner earlier this year. The government also  killed more than 1,000 protesters last year.

The obfuscation means it is difficult to believe Tehran’s assertions. Iran is building new missiles and says it is enriching nuclear material. It recently launched a military satellite. Conscientious online sleuths have looked for the area of the explosion, identifying a hillside east of Tehran. This area is between Shahid Lavasani Hospital and the Khojir National Park. 

The Khojir area houses a facility for making surface to surface missiles. These may be precision guided munitions that are the kind trafficked to Hezbollah. This area is also pretty and was once a royal hunting ground and one of the oldest officially protected areas near Tehran. If the explosion was merely gas facilities then the burn marks and video Iran’s media showed may be accurate. But it may also conceal a more unclear explanation for why these tanks suddenly exploded. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Iran explosion | Massive blast rocks gas storage facility near military & research site   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 6:23 am

Iran explosion | Massive blast rocks gas storage facility near military & research site

After hours of speculation, the Iranian military has claimed that a thundering explosion outside Tehran was an incident at a gas storage facility, not an attack...

According to Defense Ministry spokesman Brigadier General Davoud Abdi, a gas tank blew up between 11pm and midnight in a ‘public area’ nearby – although people have claimed online they heard the explosion at around 2am. The General’s explanation came hours after the incident, leaving locals and news outlets to fill in the gaps. Initial speculation was linked to the fact that there are military and nuclear facilities nearby. Various witnesses guessed it was either at an ammunition depot in Paradis, at a power station in Sarkh Hasar, or at a missile production and testing facility in Khojir.

The spokesman added that the fire was quickly brought under control and there were no casualties. Coincidentally, the explosion was heard just half an hour after US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced fresh sanctions on Iran.

READ MORE:
https://on.rt.com/akdj

Subscribe to RT! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpwv...

RT LIVE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFAcq...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Iran 'mystery' explosion may have been at a secret ballistic missile site   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 5:46 am

Iran 'mystery' explosion may have been at a secret ballistic missile site

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Bavar37

A still image from video footage shows Bavar-373 mobile missile system in Iran (photo credit: REUTERS)

Iran may have been up to more than it claims after mysterious explosions ripped apart an area near secretive missile factories in the hills east of Tehran. 

The images have identified a burned area in the hills near the Khojir Missile Production Complex.

Regional media is now speculating that something worse may have happened when a massive explosion lit up the skies over Iran last week. Initially theories pointed to Parchin as the location of the explosion. Iranian media claimed it was a gas leak at a storage facility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Natanz “incident” was a blast at Iran’s largest enrichment site   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Natanz “incident” was a blast at Iran’s largest enrichment site

Jul 3, 2020 @ 11:11 IAEA, Iran nuclear, Natanz

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Natanz-800x445

US satellites photos indicated to analysts that the “incident” at the Natanz enrichment facility on July 1 was an act of sabotage caused by a bomb. The blast was seen to damage a newly opened centrifuge production site at the northwest corner of the Natanz complex, 250km south of Tehran. In an effort to play down the occurrence, Iran officials described the target as an “industrial shed” and maintained that production at the facility was not interrupted. However, according to one Middle East observer, a bomb was likely planted inside the facility and caused substantial damage.

Six days earlier, the Iranian capital was rattled by a huge, mysterious explosion in the mountains east of Tehran near the Parchin military base and a missile factory, after a blast in the city itself.

One analyst, Fabian Hinz, described the blast at Natanz as “very, very suspicious” with the potential for significantly delaying the Iranian nuclear program’s work with centrifuges. The main enrichment facility is said to be sunk underground with more than seven meters of concrete on top as protection. It is there, under close guard after previous attacks, that spinning centrifuges produce enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon.

“Theoretically speaking, Israel, the US and others have an interest to stop this Iran nuclear clock, or at least show Iran there’s a price for going that way,” said Yoel Guzansky, a senior fellow at Israel’s Institute for National Security Studies. “If Iran won’t stop, we might see more ‘accidents’ in Iran.”

Both US President Donald Trump and Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu have repeatedly vowed not to let Iran attain a nuclear bomb. However, the Islamic Republic appears to be bent on its drive for a nuclear arsenal. The nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, recently reported that its inspectors were denied by Tehran access to at least two suspicious sites and voiced concerns over the work concealed.

Iran is calculated by most analysts to have this year amassed enough low enriched uranium to produce a single nuclear weapon by successive breaches of the 2015 nuclear deal with six world powers, from which President Trump took the US out in 2019. Based on the IAEA’s most recent report, Iran’s breakout time could be just 3-4 months and become shorter as its store of enriched uranium accumulates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Five Mysterious Explosions Cripple Iran’s Nuclear Capability: Israel Responds    COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 7:18 am

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Shutterstock_149064860

Five Mysterious Explosions Cripple Iran’s Nuclear Capability: Israel Responds

A series of explosions in Iran including several at problematic nuclear sites has left the regime giving conflicting answers to difficult questions. It also graphically ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 5:02 pm

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Iranian-architecture-5243948_1280

You Tell Me
COVERT WARS, AND IRAN
July 7, 2020   By Joseph P. Farrell

As regular readers here might have noticed, for the past week I've been more or less focused on some geopolitical possibilities and speculations. Yesterday, for example, I blogged about the possibility that we may be witnessing some sort of covert warfare going on, principally between the USA and China, but involving other players as well. Today I'd  like to expand briefly on that theme with reference to an article from Zero Hedge that B. shared with me, concerning Iran. It's a bittersweet article for me, because when I was in graduate school, one of my jobs involving working with a lot of people from Iran. They were invariably bright, smart, courteous and, well, just nice. The bittersweet part for me comes from the contrast between my experience of Iranians, and the horrid and brutal regimes which they have suffered, under the Shah (remember SAVAK?) and then under the ayatollahs.

Iran has been in the crosshairs of Mr. Globaloney for a long time, so when B. shared this article, I had to wonder if we're watching another manifestation of that hot covert war I blogged about yesterday:

Third 'Mystery' Blast In Less Than A Week Rocks Iran Power Plant

Zero Hedge lays out an interesting case, and, citing the New York Times and The Times of Israel is wondering the same thing as I:

Quote :
On Saturday an explosion ripped through a power plant in the Iranian city of Ahvaz, marking the third 'mystery' blast to hit the country in only under a week, and the fourth recently.

State media showed emergency crews on the scene of the daytime incident while a fire raged at the power plant. This followed days ago a huge blast which destroyed Sina hospital in northern Tehran, which killed 19 people and injured 14.

Iranian authorities had described the Sina blast as the result of a gas leak. A similar explanation was offered for other prior explosions.

To review, starting over a week ago a massive explosion was observed lighting up the midnight sky outside Tehran, caught on film by local residents, which Iran's military dismissed as a gas leak explosion incident. But it was later revealed to have occurred at a ballistic missile development facility.

And this past week, another reported "accident" occurred at Natanz nuclear complex. But that particular 'mystery' blast caused Iranian officials to lash out in anger Thursday, saying "hostile countries" like the US and Israel are near the point of crossing "red lines". Crucially, Iran also said there were no radioactive leaks as a result of the incident.

Both US and Israeli media, including The New York Times and Times of Israel, have begun speculating that it could be part of a Mossad or CIA op to set back Iran's nuclear development.

These "accidents", as noted, have all occurred within a very short span of time, and hence my suspicion meter is in the red zone. They recall, in some respects, similar accidents we've seen in Russia in the past couple of years involving the explosions of ammunition dumps, not to mention similar incidents recently in the Middle East.

When one factors in the close relationship between the Iranian regime and China, and my suspicions regarding the latter, we are perhaps looking at a concerted effort against the One Belt One Road initiative. Notably, the first freight train that ran a few months ago between China and Britain ran through Iran, not via Russia, a subtle indicator, perhaps, that Russia is odd man out on the project. The other factor pushing my suspicion meter into the red zone is the Iranian government's explanation that some of these explosions were due to gas leaks. Similar explanations were offered by Moscow for some of the explosions in Russian hospitals and facilities that occurred in the same time frame as the ammunition plant explosions.  Granted, ammunition plants can and do explode. But gas leaks? My difficulty then, as now, is that neither the Russians nor the Iranians are incompetent.

Gas leaks seem to be the sort of explanation one offers when the real one would be too controversial. Here, Iran seems to give the game away by accusing the USA and Israel of coming close to "crossing red lines." In other words, Iran suspects what I suspect: there is a covert war going on.

The question in Iran's case is: what kind of covert war? Are the US and Israel deploying some kind of exotic technology to cause these accidents? As strange and difficult to believe as that may sound, recall one of President Trump's tweets, when he stated that the USA did not need nuclear weapons because it had other interesting "toys" it could use. But one needn't go to exotic technologies nor even to any direct Israeli or American involvement; the other possibility is internal opposition from within Iran itself, for make no mistake, the regime in Tehran is not popular with many Iranians. And, needless to say, it could be some combination of all of the above.

I don't know about you, but when one takes into consideration all the factors I outlined yesterday, and now today, I strongly suspect we're in a covert hot war already.

See you on the flip side...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Iran Sees 6th Deadly 'Mystery' Explosion In Weeks At Industrial Zone Near Tehran   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm

Iran Sees 6th Deadly 'Mystery' Explosion In Weeks At Industrial Zone Near Tehran

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Picture-5

by  Tyler Durden  
Tue, 07/07/2020 - 13:55

By our count it's the sixth 'mystery' explosion in mere weeks. In the early morning hours of Tuesday two Iranians were killed and three injured in a blast at a factory south of Tehran, IRNA reported.

Like with other recent explosions and fires, including one at Iran's underground nuclear development Natanz facility, official statements downplayed this latest blast as an accident. "Human error was the cause of the blast in a factory... Two people were killed and three others were injured," said a local official.  

"The explosion that was caused by some workers' negligent handling of oxygen tanks.... was so powerful that the walls of a factory nearby were also totally destroyed," he added.

more @ https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iran-sees-6th-deadly-mystery-explosion-weeks-industrial-zone-near-tehran
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Israel’s alleged Natanz strike ‘as complex as Stuxnet,’ a major blow to Iran   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 6:23 am

Israel’s alleged Natanz strike ‘as complex as Stuxnet,’ a major blow to Iran

Blast at centrifuge assembly facility may have set back development by 2 years, experts tell the NY Times, with series of strikes causing ‘extreme internal and external pressure’

By TOI staff 10 July 2020, 10:02 pm 5  

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN AP20184466486947-1-640x400

This photo released Thursday, July 2, 2020, by the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, shows a building after it was damaged by a fire, at the Natanz uranium enrichment facility some 200 miles (322 kilometers) south of the capital Tehran, Iran. (Atomic Energy Organization of Iran via AP)

An alleged Israeli attack on an advanced centrifuge development and assembly plant at Iran’s Natanz uranium enrichment facility exhibited the complexity of the Stuxnet virus that sabotaged Iranian enrichment centrifuges a decade ago, experts and analysts said in a new report Friday.
Officials with knowledge of the blast at Natanz last week told The New York Times that it was most likely the result of a bomb planted at the facility, potentially at a strategic gas line, but that it was not out of the question that a cyberattack was used to cause a malfunction that led to the explosion. 

more @ 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-alleged-natanz-strike-as-complex-as-stuxnet-a-major-blow-to-iran/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Explosions rock military sites in Iran.    COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 2:25 pm

• COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Fire-explode

[size=36]Explosion Rocks Military Site in Tehran[/size]

An explosion, the latest in a wave of explosions targeting several military and nuclear sites,  rocked southwest Teuran in the early hours of Friday morning, cutting off ...

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 8:42 am

Thanks so much for seeing the story through.  It's important to have 20-20.  UP

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: At least 7 Iranian ships in flames at Bushehr port. New US warning   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 12:04 pm

At least 7 Iranian ships in flames at Bushehr port. New US warning

Jul 15, 2020 @ 16:46 7 Iranian ships on fire, US Gen. Kenneth McKenzie

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN 9C1555AB-C616-4C28-90CC-76B43EF8F290_w408_r1_s

The types of the seven vessels on fire on Wednesday, July 15, and what caused the blazes were not revealed in the first official report from Tehran. The incident followed a string of mysterious explosions at Iran’s nuclear, military and missile production sites ongoing since late June.

DEBKAfile: If this suspected campaign of sabotage has been extended to encompass Iran’s navy, it would be a serious escalation, amounting to a threat to Iran’s claim to control the Persian Gulf and its waters.
Bushehr province is also home to Iran’s only nuclear power plant.

A day earlier, on Tuesday, US Central Command Chef Gen. Kenneth McKenzie warned Tehran that “any malign activities in the Gulf would bear a high cost.” In an interview sponsored by the State Department, he reminded Iran of “the events of January” when a US drone killed top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani. “So we are postured and will continue to be postured in the region, working closely with all our partners, all our friends n the region, to ensure that we’re ready and Iran sees very clearly what would be the high cost of any malign activity on their part,” the US Centcom chief stressed.

The general was asked if the Iranian regime was truly deterred by the killing of Soleimani or whether, before making its move, it was waiting out the upcoming UN Security Council vote on extending the arms embargo or the US presidential election.

He replied that Washington had established “red lines” that might not have been visible before. The UN vote was a factor, he said, adding “But to be honest with you, it’s very hard to know and understand exactly what Iran’s thinking is.”

One Day After Iran General Takes Credit for US Navy Ship Fire in San Diego, Iran Shipyard explodes and Burns

more @

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/one-day-after-iran-general-takes-credit-for-us-navy-ship-fire-in-san-diego-iran-shipyard-explodes-and-burns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Report: Iran has already decided to strike back against Israel   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Report: Iran has already decided to strike back against Israel

"Tehran's decision to retaliate to the Israeli and American attacks has already been made and will be implemented at the right time and place," sources in Lebanon tell Kuwaiti newspaper Al Rai.

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN 08107157

By  Neta Bar and ILH Staff

Published on  07-17-2020 10:47
 Last modified: 07-17-2020 10:54

more @ https://www.israelhayom.com/2020/07/17/report-iran-has-already-decided-to-strike-back-against-israel/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Another Mystery Blast Hits Iranian Power Plant    COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 9:22 am

[size=48]Another Mystery Blast Hits Iranian Power Plant[/size]
COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Tehran-explosion-640x480ATTA KENARE / AFP) (Photo by ATTA KENARE/AFP via Getty Images
DEBORAH DANAN
19 Jul 202058

2:28

In the latest of a series of unexplained disasters in Iran, an explosion was reported Sunday at a power station near the central province of Isfahan.
There were no   in the blast, which was caused by wear and tear on a transformer at the power plant, the managing director of the Isfahan power company told the official IRNA news agency, according to Reuters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Israel Has Launched A Coup In Iran   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Israel Has Launched A Coup In Iran

Intel coming out of Israel says that revolutionary guard members have been told to overthrow the religious government of Iran or face all out war with tactical nukes involved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: You Tell Me ONE, TWO, THREE, IRAN…   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 am

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Explosion-1325471_1280
You Tell Me

ONE, TWO, THREE, IRAN…

July 23, 2020 By JOSEPH P. FARRELL

There's an adage, or aphorism, or principle - call it what you will - and I suppose it could be summarized something like this: "One is an accident; two is a coincidence; three is a pattern." Now, as far as cathedrals in France go, we're past accident (Notre Dame... maybe), and into coincidence (Nantes... we'll get back to that), and I hope we're not on the way to pattern. All I can say in that regard is, the people of France should be grateful that Nuttyfornia governor Gavin Newsom isn't the President of France, because I have the feeling he'd be setting fires to the cathedrals at Reims, Rouen, or Chartes, just to make sure the French were obeying his edicts not to pray, sing, chant, or otherwise worship in churches.

In Iran's case, it seems we're well past accident and coincidence, and deeply into "pattern", if you've been following the series of explosions and burning ships that country has suffered recently, according to these stories shared by G.B., G.B.2, and G.L.R.:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-gas-fire/explosion-as-fire-breaks-out-at-iranian-industrial-complex-idUSKCN24E287

Seven Ships On Fire At Southern Iran Port In Another 'Mystery' Disaster

As the New York Times article and Zero Hedge story point out, these explosions and "accidents" are peculiarly occurring at various Iranian military sites, or key infrastructures, and these are raising the obvious question of whether or not they are accidents at all, or the result  deliberate sabotage and covert operations, with the USA and Israel at the top of the list of suspects. I have to wonder, however, if that speculation encompasses the whole story. For example, there is an opposition within Iran, and I wonder if in some way it is active in this, with, or without foreign actors.

But there's a wider context here that bothers me, and thus far, I've not seen any propatainment, or alternative, media source raising the issue. Over the past few years, we've seen:

• a series of chemical plant explosions in China, beginning with Tianjing. In this case, the explosion not only flattened the plant, but left what was in my mind a suspiciously narrow and very deep crater, leading some, including me, to speculate that it had maybe been struck with a "kinetic Rod of God" weapon;

• a cave-in of a North Korean nuclear site after a nearby earthquake;

• an ammunition dump explosion in Iraq;

• explosions at Russian munitions plants, and a Russian hospital that may, according to some, have been involved in biowarfare;

• explosions in chemical plants in Rouen, France and Tarragona, Spain;

...and so on. Of course, accidents happen all the time, and each and every one of these could be construed as such. Interestingly, however, these events seem to have something in common, namely, the fact that the incidents occur at military facilities, or infrastructure that could be construed as having some sort of military potential, or otherwise important infrastructure. And if one removes the accidents in France and Spain, they are occurring at sites of countries inimical to the leaders of "the West."

Additionally, the pattern - if indeed it is a pattern - is rather odd. If all this was merely coincidence, one would expect that there would be more or less a uniform random distribution of these events both in time and in place. Yet, it appears to run in "streaks." First there were the explosions in (1) China; then  (2) North Korea;  then (3) Russia.

Then came France and Spain (the re-randomizers?)

And now (4) Iran.

So I have to wonder if we are looking at a covert warfare of some sort. Now throw those chemical plant explosions in France and Spain into the mix. What might one have? A response? Certainly I do not know. When one throws them into the mix, while considering the suggestive outlines of what may or may not be a pattern with the others, one might have to go so far as to entertain the idea that maybe there's another actor on the stage altogether, trying to stir up tension and conflict between "western interests" and the others.

But looking just at Iran, what I'm seeing is definitely "pattern." To believe that that country would have suffered such a string of accidents in so short a period of time in my opinion strains credulity.

See you on the flip side...
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 am

Maybe by Christmas we'll have a whole song.

7 ships a burning
6 plants a blasting
FIVE RODS  OF GOD  ba dum, dum, dum, dumb...
4---
(needs work...)

Accidents, they say?  From the first gas burp, I've thought not.  Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: IRANIAN GOVT THREATENS TO “EMPLOY OTHER WEAPONRY” IN RESPONSE TO FOREIGN CYBER ATTACKS   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 5:03 am

IRANIAN GOVT THREATENS TO “EMPLOY OTHER WEAPONRY” IN RESPONSE TO FOREIGN CYBER ATTACKS

Quote :
Hashem will battle for you; you hold your peace!” Exodus 14:14 (The Israel BibleTM)

by JNS | Jul 24, 2020 | Middle East

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Hacker-cyber-skull-computer-technology-2

Iran’s foreign ministry announced on Thursday that recent cyber attacks on its power facilities may have been caused by foreign governments.

more @

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/155243/iranian-govt-threatens-to-employ-other-weaponry-in-response-to-foreign-cyber-attacks/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Iran Develops Shocking New Ballistic Missile   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Iran Develops Shocking New Ballistic Missile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Iran launches first underground ballistic missiles in a drill   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 9:51 pm

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Iranian-missiles-in-exercise-July-29-20-800x445

Iran launches first underground ballistic missiles in a drill

Jul 29, 2020 @ 17:42 Comments Off

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Wednesday, July 29, launched underground ballistic missiles in a military drill in which a mock US aircraft carrier was attacked in the Strait of Hormuz. Drone footage

more @ https://www.debka.com/iran-launches-first-underground-ballistic-missiles-in-a-drill/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Breaking "Iran Massive Industrial Fire ???? Again"   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm

Breaking "Iran Massive Industrial Fire :fire: Again"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Breaking: “Global Chaos EXPLOSIONS In Iran / Lebanon / China / UAE / N. Korea"   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 4:42 am

Breaking: “Global Chaos EXPLOSIONS In Iran / Lebanon / China / UAE / N. Korea"

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 2:50 pm

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1307673383132450821  0830  20 Sept 2020

Trump administration to reimpose sanctions on Iran | www.JustTheNews.com
COVERT WARS, AND IRAN H22UDySS?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Iran could have material for nuke by end of year   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 7:42 am

Iran could have material for nuke by end of year

Iran and North Korea “resume work” on long-range missiles, program increases

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN   
SEPTEMBER 20, 2020 21:30

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN 452121

plane crash at the Boryspil… REUTERS 19/01/2020 12:16 IRAN-NUCLEAR/IAEA FILE PHOTO: An Iranian flag flutters in front of the IAEA headquarters in Vienna REUTERS Link copied to clipboard. (internationalbox) FILE PHOTO: An Iranian flag flutters in front of the IAEA headquarters in Vienna 19/01/2020 12

(photo credit: REUTERS/ LEONHARD FOEGER)
Advertisement
As Iran counts down the minutes to the end of an arms embargo so that it can begin importing much-needed technology and dual-use equipment for weapons, a senior US official alleged that it is resuming work with North Korea on long-range missiles. Iran also could have enough material for a nuclear weapon by the end of the year. The report was part of a larger Reuters report about new US sanctions against up to two dozen people and entities that will be slapped onto Iran. The US has urged the UN to snap back sanctions on Iran after Washington says Iran violated a 2015 deal.

Iran has circled the wagons and brought in the Russians, China, Turkey, the EU and many other countries to oppose the US attempts to put more sanctions on. The US allegation about the long-range missile work is linked to other US claims that Iran has violated agreements linked to ballistic missile development. Iran says it can build whatever it wants. It recently put a military satellite into space.

[ltr]Read More Related Articles[/ltr]

Iran has a massive indigenous missiles program consisting of advanced solid and liquid fueled rockets, missiles and precision guided missiles. Iran has also transferred this technology to the Houthis in Yemen, militias in Iraq, Syria, Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Iran’s missile program has advanced in recent years, even under sanctions. Iran claims it makes most of its parts locally. However in the past Iran has benefited from North Korean expertise. Like most countries whose missiles are based on Soviet designs Iran has used know-how that is part of reverse engineering or basing missiles on Chinese, Russian and North Korean designs. It has then gone on to try to improve the designs, increasing ranges and precision.  

Reuters says the US official spoke on condition of anonymity and that this official had said Iran could have a nuclear weapon by the end of the year and had “resumed long-range missile cooperation with nuclear-armed North Korea.” The official did not provide evidence.  

Iran’s missiles are potentially linked to its nuclear program because even if Iran can build a nuclear device and test it, the regime faces a problem in how to deliver the bomb. It has no long-range bombers, so Iran would have to potentially put it on a missile. There are many questions about how Iran would do that and how safe it would be. Iran shot down a civilian jetliner this year and has mined ships in the Gulf of Oman.

However, Iran showed high precision when it fired ballistic missiles at US bases in Iraq and against ISIS in Syria and against Kurdish dissidents over the last years. That shows that its Zulfiqar, Fateh, Qiam and Shahab missiles are increasing in lethality. An Iranian surface to surface missile factory at Khojir was damaged in a mysterious June explosion. The Natanz nuclear facility was also damaged in July. Recent airstrikes at Safirah in Syria on September 11 may have also targeted a surface to surface missile facility. In Iraq warehouses of pro-Iranian militias have blown up several times over the last year and a half in mysterious explosions. It was not clear if they housed missiles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: REPORT: IRAN TO GET NUKE BY END OF 2020, PENTAGON TELLS TRUMP IN BRIEFING   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 5:18 am

REPORT: IRAN TO GET NUKE BY END OF 2020, PENTAGON TELLS TRUMP IN BRIEFING

BY VIDEO MANAGER | NEWS VIDEOS

Quote :
When you take the field against your enemies, and see horses and chariots—forces larger than yours—have no fear of them, for Hashem your God, who brought you from the land of Egypt, is with you. Deuteronomy 20:1 (The Israel BibleTM)

[ltr]Iran lecturer at the IDC Meir Javedanfar told i24 News in a recent interview that whether or not Iran gets a nuke and ignites a nuclear war in the region “depends.” He added that “it’s one thing to have enough law enriched uranium to make a nuclear weapon. But then iran needs to go another step further to bring in and by enriching the uranium to higher levels to 20, and then from 20 to 90 which is what you need for nuclear weapon.[/ltr]

“We’re still not there yet and that would be a very drastic decision by the Iranians to make. On the one hand, the Iranians feel that they need to have some leverage in their dealings with the United States. President Trump walked out of the Iran nuclear deal. He imposed very tough sanctions against the Iranian regime. Iran cannot impose sanctions against America because its economy is nowhere as near. So they need leverage.”

Javedanfar added that “they’re holding on to this enriched uranium. They’re enriching uranium in quantities that are close to enough for making a weapon. But again, to come back to my original point, it’s not clear that they’re gonna go back to the enrichment level required to make a weapon. So we need to see basically see what happens from now on. If Joe Biden is elected what would be the plan with Iran? 

Whether he returns to the Iran nuclear deal whether they can reach an understanding or if Trump is reelected, then what would that mean for Iran? Would that mean that Iran would actually enrich you further levels it all depends on what happens in November 20th in the United States.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Iran’s Zarif tries to form Russia-China alliance against US   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2020 6:19 am

Iran’s Zarif tries to form Russia-China alliance against US

Iran seeks to harness Russia and also China to confront “US lawlessness,”

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN   
SEPTEMBER 24, 2020 16:47

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN 452122

FILE PHOTO: Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif looks on during a meeting with Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, in Moscow, Russia December 30, 2019.
(photo credit: REUTERS/EVGENIA NOVOZHENINA)

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif is trying to entice Russia to become closer to Iran through bilateral relations, Iranian media reported Thursday. He arrived in Moscow to discuss relations with Russia.

His goal is to pave the way for Iran to circumvent the US embargo and sanctions. Iran seeks to harness Russia and also China to confront “US lawlessness,” Iran’s Tasnim News Agency reported.

[ltr]
[/ltr]

Zarif praised the “important role of Russia and China in supporting the UN Security Council and countering US illegal actions in the Security Council,” the report quoted him as saying. “The Russian government and its representation in the UN have had the best position alongside China during the difficult recent months,” he said.

They have “played a leading role in the face of US lawlessness,” Zarif said, referring to the US pushing snapback sanctions this month after having asserted that Iran had violated the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action. Iran says the US has no leverage because it left the deal in 2018.

The US says it will stop Iran from pursuing a nuclear weapon and ballistic missiles. Iran has thus gone to Moscow to receive more support and is also seeking a closer relationship with China.

“Well, we have serious problems in the region,” Zarif said, referring to other issues to be discussed during his visit to Russia.

The Syrian conflict “requires special coordination between Iran and Russia, and we also need to coordinate with Turkey in the framework of the Astana process,” Tasnim quoted him as saying.

Iran also is seeking a closer relationship with Turkey, and Ankara appears to want to partition Syria and remove the US from eastern Syria. Iran is wary of Turkey conquering too much of Syria.

Iran is also laser-focused on Afghanistan. It wants the US out but does not want anti-Shi’ite extremists to take over.

“Although our bilateral relations are very good, we always need to review the latest developments in bilateral relations with our Russian friends,” Zarif said.

Zarif is a kind of celebrity in the West, despite his regime’s brutal record. He laughed when asked about rumors that France had asked him to help form a government in Lebanon and talk to Russia about Lebanon.

“Such a thing is not true,” he said. “Of course, we may talk about Lebanon with our Russian friends, but this is not a priority and is not on our agenda. I don’t think I have talked to the French since my trip to Lebanon.” He was in Lebanon in August in the wake of the Beirut Port explosion.

Zarif’s main goal is to try to coordinate with Russia more closely. This is a relationship of common interests because they both want to weaken the US in the Middle East. However, they do not see the region entirely the same way. They don’t agree on Israel, for instance.
Iran’s goal is to circumvent US sanctions and the arms embargo so that it can acquire more weapons. In the past, Russia played a role with Iran in terms of air-defense sales and technical assistance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A strange “no war, no peace” silence has fallen on the Iran-US contest   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 6:01 am

A strange “no war, no peace” silence has fallen on the Iran-US contest

Oct 11, 2020 @ 18:09 Trump vs Khamenei.US presidential election

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Trump-khamenei-5.19-800x445

US President Donald Trump and Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei appear to have declared a truce in their mutual demonization campaigns as the US presidential election approaches. The blood and thunder rhetoric and aggression marking recent years have descended into sullen silence. Tehran is waiting on tenterhooks for the victor. Trump is fully preoccupied with proving he can beat a more personal enemy, coronavirus, without a mask; Khamenei is weighing the pros and cons of a re-elected Trump against the Democratic Joe Biden, Barack Obama’s vice president, reaching the White House. Both presidential contenders have said they would re-open negotiations with the Islamic Republic. Trump has promised Iran would come out of these talks “a rich country:” 

Biden is an unknown quantity.

DEBKAfile’s diplomatic sources report that under-the-table talks are quietly in progress between Washington and Tehran with the help of various brokers. Both administrations must therefore have some inkling about the other’s intentions.

The Trump administration has made no secret of its goals: Renegotiation of the 2015 nuclear accord with the world powers, which Trump abandoned;  making sure that Iran never gains a nuclear weapon, scraps its advanced ballistic missile program and gives up its “malign operations” in the Middle East.

Khamenei, one of the world’s few absolute rulers, has to decide whether to insist on settling unfinished business with the Trump administration or look to the future. Iran’s leaders have vowed to avenge the assassination of their iconic strategist, Al Qods Chief Gen. Qassem Soleimani, last year by a US drone, a string of sabotage attacks on its nuclear facilities, peaking last July with the destruction of an advanced centrifuge plant in Natanz, and the crippling US sanctions that have reduced the country to penury.

That revenge has not been forthcoming. Iran has been curiously quiescent on those scores. This may be because, at 81 and long ailing, Khamenei’s eye is fixed on his legacy as the guardian of the Shiite Islamic revolution against the existential menace posed by the “Great Satan” on the ideological rather than the military battlefield. He sees Western democratic values, the modern culture of human rights, civil liberties and gender equality as the most devastating weapons the West holds against the Muslim world and Iran’s Islamic revolutionary ideals – hence, a direct menace to its regime. Preserving the Islamic regime and its fundamental orientation is Khamenei’s foremost concern.

In his view. US sanctions over violations of human rights are part of the American scheme for regime change, in which the Jewish state plays a leading role. Hollywood and Telegram are being harnessed to what the Iranians call a “soft overthrow” or a “velvet revolution,” which is of greater concern even than military action.

So much so, that in future negotiations with the US, Khamenei would prefer to limit the agenda to the issues of nuclear and missile programs, while firmly excluding human rights and democratic issues – as Washington does in its relations with Arab and Muslim countries. Regional aggression, in keeping with the command to “export the revolution,” will nonetheless be a sticking point if and when negotiations are launched. Meanwhile, as they wait to see who comes up on top on Nov. 3, Iran’s leaders have adopted a strategy of “no war, no peace.”
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 8:54 pm

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN Eo-S_UgWMAoE8Ew?format=jpg&name=900x900

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COVERT WARS, AND IRAN   COVERT WARS, AND IRAN I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COVERT WARS, AND IRAN
Page 1 of 1