Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here's what happens when you are helpless

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

Here's what happens when you are helpless Empty
PostSubject: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:06 am

Warning Graphic video of a home invasion. One woman, one child, one bad man. Not a weapon to be had. Not chance to call the cops.  At least it doesn't end in death.  You men out there that leave for work every day and leave your wife with a golf club and the telephone for protection..... Need to get a firearm and train that gal to use it! Like I am.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:07 am

And maybe teach your children to run and hide when mommy's being slammed repeatedly by her hair against a wall........
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:48 am

And the alternative:

"A granny was alone in her home in Northern California. It was 4:00 am, and a creepy looking guy was lurking outside her home.

66-year-old Donna Hopper was terrified, but determined to defend herself, so she went to get her gun while calling 911.
911 Operator: "He's banging on the window?"
Hopper: "Um-hmm."
911 Operator: "Ok. Ok."
Hopper: "I've got a gun. I'm gonna get my gun out."
911 Operator: "Ma'am, what are you arming yourself with?"
Hopper: "Oh god, I just bought it. It's a .38."

She fired two warning shots at 37-year-old Jesse Theis. Turns out, he's got a a long list of felonies, and a scary resemblance to Charles Manson.

He went away. But then in a scene right out of a movie, he came back.

Hopper: "He's coming back! I can see his shadow! He's coming into to my front yard. Oh God! He's coming through the window! I'm gonna shoot him again!
911 Operator: "No, ma'am, don't."
Hopper: "He's right there. I'm gonna shoot him."
911 Operator: "No. Ma'am don't. The officers are in the area. I don't want you to fire your gun."
Hopper: "He's coming through the window! Hurry up! He's coming in! He's coming in!"
911 Operator: "Is he coming into the house?"
Hopper: "Yes. I got him!"
911 Operator: "You shot him again?"
Hoppper: 'Yes, I did."
911 Opreator: "You shot him again? Or you shot at him?"
Hopper: "Yes, I shot him a third. He's coming through the [blanking] window! Ok, I shot him. Two shots. Oh my God! He's on the ground."

As Hopper waited for the cops, the gravity of what she's done hit her.

Hopper: "I'm standing in the front, and I see lights coming."
911 Operator: "Can you walk to the front door?"
Hopper: "Yes. Oh God, I hope it's nobody I know. Oh my God! God!"

Authorities say Donna Hopper did the right thing. They say by breaking in at 4:00 am, the suspect obviously knew she was probably home, and may have wanted to hurt her.
The intruder died of his wounds.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/3489-grandmother-shoots-intruder-while-on-911-call
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:52 am

It probably kept her and who knows how many others from getting raped or killed or robbed.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:55 am

It's not only women who are in danger
http://www.theneworder.org/news/2012/04/media-covers-up-grisly-black-torture-killing-of-young-white-couple/
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:58 am

As evil grows, the government wants you to be more at risk. tsk tsk tsk.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:59 am

Quote :
911 Operator: "No. Ma'am don't. The officers are in the area. I don't want you to fire your gun."

There's a 911 operator that I hope lost his/her job!!!!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:04 pm

researcher wrote:
Quote :

There's a 911 operator that I hope lost his/her job!!!!

Yep! the cops said she did right, if she had listened to op, she might be dead. He was really wanting something bad to try and break in after she had fired warning shots.

I really hope no one ever tries this on me, I don't want to have to clean up all the mess.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:52 pm

You know I'm not advising anyone & I'm not even sure where I stand, but a US Marshal once suggested to me and others that in an unfortunate situation such the "above" its advisable to provide a little bit of saliva as a projectile to the attackers mouth region once he's incapacitated. Tell the first responders you made a futile attempt to administer CPR. Your dna will affirm this at the lab. Pretty sketchy in my opinion, but these are strange days and it would sure beat sitting in a jail cell.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah, no, I wouldn't add a lie onto a death.... Seems low class to me and plain wrong. As does spitting into a dead guys mouth...
hilarious
quietobserver wrote:
" provide a little bit of saliva as a projectile to the attackers mouth region once he's incapacitated"
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:24 pm

In Texas we have that home invasion law, I forgot what it is called but "if yer on my propity and you ain't s'posed to be then, yer in danger sonny, legal danger."

My hubby says getting in my bed is dangerous, even when I'm not in it. You just never know what kind of weapon you'll find...
Here's what happens when you are helpless 000_0194
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:27 pm

I tend to agree and don't think I could ever do it. I do think a lot of l.e.o.'s have seen enough innocent people act in self defense go to jail they've begun to think such strange things up. Doing it didn't strike me nearly as odd as thinking "who on earth thinks something like that up proactively?". Seems to make sense after the above discussion with the 911 operator who kept telling the lady not to shoot the intruder again as he was crawling back through the darn window. Crazy world where evil abounds. Jesus God harbor us safely.

Delfi wrote:
Yeah, no, I wouldn't add a lie onto a death.... Seems low class to me and plain wrong. As does spitting into a dead guys mouth...
hilarious
quietobserver wrote:
" provide a little bit of saliva as a projectile to the attackers mouth region once he's incapacitated"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:28 pm

From Lactantius' - The Epitome of the Divine Institutes, Chapter 34

But since wisdom has been given to man alone, that he may understand God, and this alone makes the difference between man and the dumb animals, justice itself is bound up in two duties. He owes the one to God as to a father, the other to man as to a brother; for we are produced by the same God. Therefore it has been deservedly and rightly said, that wisdom is the knowledge of divine and human affairs. For it is right that we should know what we owe to God, and what to man; namely, to God religion, to man affection. But the former belongs to wisdom, the latter to virtue; and justice comprises both. If, therefore, it is evident that man is born to justice, it is necessary that the just man should be subject to evils, that he may exercise the virtue with which he is endued. For virtue is the enduring of evils. He will avoid pleasures as an evil: he will despise riches, because they are frail; and if he has them, he will liberally bestow them, to preserve the wretched: he will not be desirous of honours, because they are short and transitory; he will do injury to no one; if he shall suffer, he will not retaliate; and he will not take vengeance upon one who plunders his property. For he will deem it unlawful to injure a man; and if there shall be any one who would compel him to depart from God, he will not refuse tortures nor death. Thus it will come to pass, that he must necessarily live in poverty and lowliness, and in insults, or even tortures.

group hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:30 pm

In Texas, it's called the "Castle Law" I believe.
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Is the above video a mock up? Or.....what happened there why were they busy filming instead of helping?

Just a pretend I hope!
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Yaddy wrote:
Is the above video a mock up? Or.....what happened there why were they busy filming instead of helping?

Just a pretend I hope!

No, it's real.  Apparently the "nanny cam" was turned on.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/25/unbelievable-nanny-cam-video-catches-crook-breaking-into-nj-home-and-brutally-beating-mom-in-front-of-3-year-old-daughter/
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Yaddy, it is a real newscast from a TV station in New Jersey.  If they ever catch this guy a quick trip to the industrial giant sized wood chipper would . . . . . well . . . . . watch the movie Fargo for details.

Some sleaze-bag lawyer will probably get him off lightly though if he ever is found.

Here's what happens when you are helpless Wood-chipper

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Ah the wood chipper. The Pole-Axe of the modern generation.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Unworthy1 wrote:
From Lactantius' - The Epitome of the Divine Institutes, Chapter 34

But since wisdom has been given to man alone, that he may understand God, and this alone makes the difference between man and the dumb animals, justice itself is bound up in two duties. He owes the one to God as to a father, the other to man as to a brother; for we are produced by the same God. Therefore it has been deservedly and rightly said, that wisdom is the knowledge of divine and human affairs. For it is right that we should know what we owe to God, and what to man; namely, to God religion, to man affection. But the former belongs to wisdom, the latter to virtue; and justice comprises both. If, therefore, it is evident that man is born to justice, it is necessary that the just man should be subject to evils, that he may exercise the virtue with which he is endued. For virtue is the enduring of evils. He will avoid pleasures as an evil: he will despise riches, because they are frail; and if he has them, he will liberally bestow them, to preserve the wretched: he will not be desirous of honours, because they are short and transitory; he will do injury to no one; if he shall suffer, he will not retaliate; and he will not take vengeance upon one who plunders his property. For he will deem it unlawful to injure a man; and if there shall be any one who would compel him to depart from God, he will not refuse tortures nor death. Thus it will come to pass, that he must necessarily live in poverty and lowliness, and in insults, or even tortures.

group hug

I thank Father, Lactantius the wimp was not the protector of my family.praise GOD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:44 am

If we are told that in order to rid our communities of murders we are to put them to death, and also to protect the elderly and the weak, then how so does this long quote work, does it not contridict?

And another part I forget where, makes the distinction of judging a man for killing another that has invaded his home based on whether it was night or daytime.

Let me just inform you all that in my neck of the woods (literally) a man and his wife both had their throats slit WHILE SLEEPING.. in a robbery and they did live and the criminals were caught after an armed car jacking and the goods in their possession. FBI was here to do the investigating also.

I LOCK MY DOOR FOR YOUR PROTECTION.
I am armed.
I do grab the high intensity light also to insure it is not family!
If you broke the door down you get the hunting weapon.

If my God did not want me to fight back he would have made me a dumb helpless sheep, and would not have given me the instinct to put my arms up in self defense!

You all know the difference between having to kill and murder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: mother of three who was nine months pregnant is now dead   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 am

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/black-mob-strikes-ohio-mother/?cat_orig=us

A Dayton, Ohio, mother of three who was nine months pregnant is now dead after she was shot in the abdomen during an episode of black mob violence.

Her child survived and is reported to be in critical condition.

The incident began late Wednesday afternoon when Dayton police broke up a large fight involving a mob of black women. Soon after, the crowd formed again. And once again fighting broke out, this time involving as many as 100 people.

Gunfire was exchanged.

It is not known whether gunshot victim, Dalyne Foster, was an active participant in the violence – or whether she was just an observer. Either way, she died at the hospital. Her brother told WHIO-TV news the child was due any day.

more: In Columbia, Mo., three people were shot over the weekend, and the action was caught on tape. The video show a crowd of 30 black people crossing the street and beginning to surround a silver car. Shots rang out. People ran. Police are not saying much more than that because they want to protect the victims from retaliation.

On the streets of Cambridge, Mass., 250 black people at a high-school graduation party over the weekend fought with bats, and one man brandished a gun.

According to Wicked Local Cambridge: “He was looking to shoot somebody,” the doorman reportedly told police. “He did not say anything to anyone. He was just standing there with the gun at his side.”

READ MORE @ LINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Spring, you are no longer living under the Old Testament.  Better get with the program.

Delfi, my friend.  Lactantius is describing the only view of all the early Christians.  That is what they taught; that is what they believed; that is how they lived.

And they did so because it was what was handed down to them from the teaching of Christ and the apostles. 

When we return evil for evil, we have become as they are.

This temporary life is not all there is.

Those that desire to keep their life will lose it.  Those who lose it for His sake, and the sake of the Gospel will keep it. 

Do not fear man who can only kill the body, but fear the One who can throw both body and soul into hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Last line is the best.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Do you take your kids to the doctor? If one gets deathly ill do you just let them die? What is the difference between a man and a microbe? It's ok to let them suffer if its a homocidal maniac? You are my friend Uw1 but I can't for the life of me understand how you can quote some crusty old dude who never met Jesus  or Paul or Peter or any of the disciples  and  base your family's welfare on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 pm

As I said, all the early church leaders taught this same thing because that is what they received from Christ, the apostles and those who they established as the first church leaders.  It is also what our New Testament teaches - clearly.

The difference between a man and a microbe is that we are commanded to love our enemies and to turn the other cheek.  No such commands toward man or animal.  They do not have an eternal soul, nor are they made in the image of GOD.

"it is easy to judge in a case of injury. What if [one] shall incur danger of his life, so that it shall be necessary for him either to kill another or to die, what will he do? It may happen that, having suffered shipwreck, he may find some feeble person clinging to a plank; or, his army having been defeated, in his flight he may find a wounded man on horseback: will he thrust the one from the plank, the other from his horse, that he himself may be able to escape? If he shall wish to be just, he will not do it; but he will also be judged foolish, who in sparing the life of another shall lose his own. If he shall do it, he will indeed appear wise, because he will provide for his own interests; but he will also be wicked, because he will commit a wrong."  - Lactantus - from Chapter 56 of the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:29 pm

And from Chapter 57...

"But that he should appear foolish at first sight is caused by this, that they suppose the soul to be extinguished together with the body; and for this reason they refer all advantage to this life. For if there is no existence after death, it is plain that he acts foolishly who spares the life of another to his own loss, or who consults the gain of another more than his own. If death destroys the soul, we must use our endeavours to live for a longer time, and more to our own advantage; but if there remains after death a life of immortality and blessedness, the just and wise man will certainly despise this corporeal existence, with all earthly goods, because he will know what kind of a reward he is about to receive from God. Therefore let us maintain innocency, let us maintain justice, let us undergo the appearance of foolishness, that we may be able to maintain true wisdom. And if it appears to men senseless and foolish to prefer torture and death rather than to sacrifice to gods, and to escape without harm, let us however strive to exhibit faithfulness towards God by all virtue and by all patience. Let not death terrify us, nor pain subdue us, so as to prevent the vigour of our mind and constancy from being preserved unshaken. Let them call us foolish, whilst they themselves are most foolish, and blind and dull, and like sheep; who do not understand that it is a deadly thing to leave the living God, and prostrate themselves in the adoration of earthly objects; who do not know that eternal punishment awaits those who have worshipped senseless images; and that those who have neither refused tortures nor death for the worship and honour of the true God will obtain eternal life. This is the highest faith; this is true wisdom; this is perfect justice. It matters nothing to us what fools may judge, what trifling men may think. We ought to await the judgment of God..."
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:38 pm

It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that we should not protect our families, does your wife share your view?
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Never mind, not my business, none of it. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: the perpetrators rush in: The potential victims need to be defenseless.   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 am

Gun owner stops home invaders dead
But media coverage quiet on racial, 2nd Amendment overtones
Published: 04/14/2013 at 5:36 PM
Here's what happens when you are helpless Cflaherty_avatarColin Flaherty

Here's what happens when you are helpless 130414gunhomeinvasion-340x170
(Editor’s note: Colin Flaherty has done more reporting than any other journalist on what appears to be a nationwide trend of skyrocketing black-on-white crime, violence and abuse. WND features these reports to counterbalance the virtual blackout by the rest of the media due to their concerns that reporting such incidents would be inflammatory or even racist. WND considers it racist not to report racial abuse solely because of the skin color of the perpetrators or victims.)
When a group of black men were planning a home-invasion robbery in Fayetteville, N.C., on Friday, they stuck to an M.O. that had succeeded all over the country, but made one fatal error: They chose the wrong home.

The residents of the targeted house were home at the time and armed. After what local authorities report as a “gun battle,” two of alleged robbers died.
Most home invasion robberies follow the same script: Find a residence in a nice neighborhood where people do not live too close together. Statistics show potential victims are likely white or Asian, though professional athletes of all races are common targets, too. In this case, police are not identifying the identity of the home owner.
In an increasingly common crime around the country, especially in rural areas near cities, the perpetrators rush in, maybe beat up the occupants, take what they came for and get out. Maybe kill someone. Maybe not.
But this is the

most important part of the plan: The potential victims need to be defenseless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Delfi wrote:
It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that we should not protect our families, does your wife share your view?

Actually, it does.  We are told that we, as Christians, are not to "return evil for evil". Shooting someone who breaks into your house is doing just that, no matter how we try to justify it from a human perspective.

Yes, it is a hard thing for me to swallow as well.  Certainly not what I want to do by nature, but then again, the things of GOD are generally not.  Sometimes He asks us to do things that most people would consider crazy. 

I just hope I can exhibit that crazy kind of obedience - the kind His prophets and apostles exhibited - when and if the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm sickened.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Unworthy1 wrote:
We are told that we, as Christians, are not to "return evil for evil".

Whaaaaaaaat!!!! Are you serious!!!! Well how about we just take a verse that is about seeking revenge or retribution after the fact and make it say lay down like a doormat while some evil thug violates your family, OR YOU!!!  This verse has zero to do with self defense or defense of family. And please, I don't need 15 posts of church father quotes to prove a point.

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 pm

I can understand if you were up against a situation where you have to choose Jesus and die willingly. That is courage and faith. But to let just any crazy kill y''all without trying to defend yourselves is just plain weird. When is stopping evil, returning it? When Jesus destroy's the armies at Armageddon is that returning evil for evil? Oh well. It only raises my blood pressure when we discuss this and I see your defenseless beautiful family. And now many, many people know you are defenseless and won't put up a fight.....
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:08 pm

researcher wrote:
Unworthy1 wrote:

Whaaaaaaaat!!!! Are you serious!!!! Well how about we just take a verse that is about seeking revenge or retribution after the fact and make it say lay down like a doormat while some evil thug violates your family, OR YOU!!!  This verse has zero to do with self defense or defense of family. And please, I don't need 15 posts of church father quotes to prove a point.

I think Unworthy surely knows the context of that quote, which just proves that he chooses to be defenseless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:17 pm

researcher wrote:
Unworthy1 wrote:

OK, then can you please tell me under what specific circumstances Jesus words here do apply?
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Suffering for the sake of righteousness.  .

Peter goes on to say ~But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

It's not talking about home invasion
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Unworthy1 wrote:
OK, then can you please tell me under what specific circumstances Jesus words here do apply?

I think Delfi's answer pretty much summed it up. Say you are suffering in one of Bam-bam's NWO FEMA camps. Guards everywhere, wife and kids have already gotten the chop-chop, and you KNOW you are on the fast track to losing your head in tomorrows guillotine-fest. Revenge isn't yours. You aren't to go around killing or maiming guards, etc. In a case like this we truly are like sheep to the slaughter. Remember the Lord and save the wrath for Him. Vengeance is Mine says The Lord.

Nothing to do with defending yourself or your family if you possibly can do so, and nothing to do with vengeance.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Because I truly wish for your family's safety, here's a psalm.   Although the context here is different, concerning Saul, If it was good enough for David. Smile
Quote :
1Save me, O God, by Your name,
 And vindicate me by Your power.

2Hear my prayer, O God;
 Give ear to the words of my mouth.

3For strangers have risen against me
 And violent men have sought my life;
 They have not set God before them.

Selah.

4Behold, God is my helper;
 The Lord is the sustainer of my soul.

5He will recompense the evil to my foes;
 Destroy them in Your faithfulness.

6Willingly I will sacrifice to You;
 I will give thanks to Your name, O LORD, for it is good.

7For He has delivered me from all trouble,
 And my eye has looked with satisfaction upon my enemies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:52 pm

How can you possibly say that one who desires to follow the teachings of Chris is ever "defenseless".  Does GOD not see all?  Does He not know what will happen beforehand?  Is His Arm too short to save those who belong to Him?

Certainly not!  A believer always has a Defender.

Our duty is to do what we know is right.  And if we perish, we perish.  And if He does not rescue us, then He does not.

Context...

Romans 12
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”
 says the Lord. 20 Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 Thessalonians 5

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.

1 Peter 3:8-17

Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For

“He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Suffering for Right and Wrong

13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Delfi wrote:
Because I truly wish for your family's safety, here's a psalm.   Although the context here is different, concerning Saul, If it was good enough for David. Smile
Quote :

2Hear my prayer, O God;

Selah.

That's what I'm talking about.  God is our Helper.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Quote :
If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Key word here; IF it is possible . . . . IF . . . . IF . . . . IF

IF you could talk the guy down before he acts then fine, let him leave peaceably. However the second he touches you, your wife, or your kids that IF becomes moot and his life is in your hands. It is your duty as the man, the head of the house, to protect your family even IF you must use deadly force.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:11 pm

researcher wrote:
Unworthy1 wrote:

I think Delfi's answer pretty much summed it up. Say you are suffering in one of Bam-bam's NWO FEMA camps. Guards everywhere, wife and kids have already gotten the chop-chop, and you KNOW you are on the fast track to losing your head in tomorrows guillotine-fest. Revenge isn't yours. You aren't to go around killing or maiming guards, etc. In a case like this we truly are like sheep to the slaughter. Remember the Lord and save the wrath for Him. Vengeance is Mine says The Lord.

Nothing to do with defending yourself or your family if you possibly can do so, and nothing to do with vengeance.

But the problem is, Scripture does not give us those kind of specifics.  You are reading that into some very general statements that Scripture makes about returning evil for evil.

General statements must be applied generally.

We are to love our enemies.  Nothing is mentioned about which kind of enemies.  There are none that we are not supposed to love.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Peter was a great example of what the Lord expected of His people when faced with having to choose between defending ones family, or obeying Christ's teachings.

Peter, the one time impulsive hot-head, as his wife was being led away by her captors, said:
"Remember the Lord".
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Unworthy1 wrote:
Delfi wrote:
Quote :

2Hear my prayer, O God;

Selah.

That's what I'm talking about.  God is our Helper.

Yep, and we don't know his ways. I was a little girl that prayed to Father and Jesus to save me from my molester. But he continued to hurt me. If someone would have stopped him, my prayers would have been answered. But they were not. I was just a little child. It didn't hurt my faith but it taught me that for whatever reason, you don't always get saved. And while you must rely on Jesus for eternal salvation you must also protect yourself.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Unworthy1 wrote:
Peter was a great example of what the Lord expected of His people when faced with having to choose between defending ones family, or obeying Christ's teachings.

Peter, the one time impulsive hot-head, as his wife was being led away by her captors, said:
"Remember the Lord".

That's martyrdom, they died for Christ, martyred bcause of their belief, not because their house is an easy target. We're talking about here is no honor in letting a demon possessed person or a psychotic killer have his way with your daughter or wife...
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

At the very least you could punch the guy out, maybe Jail time will help him hear the Good News.

Another thing too, You shouldn't call the cops because if they kill the bad guy in your defense then you both have performed badly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf201.iii.viii.xxx.html

On the death of Peter's wife as related by Eusebius the historian, who quotes from Clement of Alexandria (Stromata, Book 7, chapter 11)

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf02.vi.iv.vii.xi.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:10 pm

If they are demon posessed (and they quite probably are) then I tell it to go in the Name of Jesus Christ.  Then I have saved myself, my family, and the man who was possessed.

(Or I get my butt kicked and end up beaten and naked a la - the seven sons of Sceva)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Delfi wrote:
Unworthy1 wrote:

"Remember the Lord".

That's martyrdom, they died for Christ, martyred bcause of their belief, not because their house is an easy target.  We're talking about here is no honor in letting a demon possessed person or a psychotic killer  have his way with your daughter or wife...

Oh, I would not do nothing...

However, is not death a reward for those who love the LORD?  Does God not see what is happening?
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 pm

So, you've been pretending the whole time....  fine. Thread locked for reason of trolling.

Last edited by Delfi on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change to pretending)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's what happens when you are helpless   Here's what happens when you are helpless I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's what happens when you are helpless
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: