Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... Empty
PostSubject: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 pm

A savior is born, our only hope........Yea right!

Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet

Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWHSJzz2uZOX6vSHozavvDoA0Y1-gGelefOPh5vNU7MxjMh_iArg

Barack Obama today unveiled the most ambitious plan to counter climate change ever put forward by a US president, saying he would not condemn future generations “to a planet that is beyond fixing”.

Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... Obama_2600078b
Mr Obama announced he was imposing the first-ever limits on carbon emissions from power plants Photo: Getty Images

Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... Raf-Sanchez_60_1932308j
By Raf Sanchez, Washington
8:10PM BST 25 Jun 2013

In sweeping proposals released after four years of frustrated efforts, MrObama ordered new curbs on carbon emissions from power plants and called for America to ready its defences against an already-changing climate.

The president also surprised environmentalists by signalling he would reject a controversial oil pipeline if it was found to “significantly exacerbate” the problem of carbon pollution.

“I refuse to condemn your generation and future generations to a planet that is beyond fixing,” Mr Obama told students at Georgetown University. “As a president, as a father and as an American I’m here to say we need to act.”

Mr Obama first promised a new push on climate change during his inagural address on a freezing morning in January, warning that failing to cut emissions “would betray our children”.

Today, as Washington sweltered in the summer heat, Mr Obama finally laid out the details of his plan, which can be carried out by executive order and therefore do not need Congressional approval.

more

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10142279/Barack-Obama-to-cut-emissions-in-vow-to-save-planet.html
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Quote :
Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet

I've got a big cork I'd be happy to mail to him complete with detailed instructions on just exactly where he can stick it!!!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Really B -0-? This coming from the guy who just took his & her 747's to Ireland?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Is it really all about the money?
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 am

jem wrote:

IMO, it's partly about the money (for political cronies), but it's also about the destruction of the United States.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 am

You might be on it there jem. One rendition of this nonsense before would basically tax the crap out of developed countries that use a lot of fossil fuels & then 'gift' it to eco-friendly countries that don't consume fossil fuels. I.e. a good portion of Africa, etc.

jem wrote:
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 pm

I think Kitiara is right and I'll bet dollars to donuts that the starving areas of Africa don't get squat. They never have and they never will. Imo. Smile
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:31 am

Yeah, all the "oil for food" and every other scam the UN cooks up ends up in the hands of some banana republic pseudo-dictator. Although, these days that's about the same here in the US at every elected level. Now they've gone so far as to make the financial disclosures of elected officials private. You can still get them, but its a hassle. Hugo Chavez had virtually nothing and died a billionaire. Castro will end up the same way. Its the liberal lie, its for the people for the people for the people, but the end result is a "ruling class" & everyone else.

One of the conservative talk show guys says it best when he always makes the comment that the General Council of the U.N. meetings remind him of the famous bar scene in Star Wars.

Delfi wrote:
I think Kitiara is right and I'll bet dollars to donuts that the starving areas of Africa don't get squat. They never have and they never will. Imo. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......   Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet....... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama to cut emissions in vow to save planet.......
Page 1 of 1