Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pony1

Pony1

Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script Empty
PostSubject: Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script   Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Soooo... very naively, I was excited about the upcoming Noah movie that is due out next year, I respect the Director Darren Aronofsky's work (very intense/gritty and dark style) and to be honest I was really interested to see his portrayal of the Genesis 6 world with actors like Russell Crowe (playing Noah) and Anthony Hopkins (playing Methuselah) I thought a modern look at this classic story could be interesting and also knowing that they were also to include the Nephilim as part of the story I was anxious to see how they would do it, I know it wouldnt be from a Christian perspective but hey Aronofsky is jewish I believe and I read an interview where he expressed what seemed like genuine enthusiasm about retelling this story so maybe he would do it some justice or at least make an entertaining film... well, I found a blog online where an author did a review of the script for the movie, and of course expectations have thus been tapered dramatically and I am back to reality:

Quote :
Having got a chance to read an undated version of the script for Noah I want to warn you. If you were expecting a Biblically faithful retelling of the story of the greatest mariner in history and a tale of redemption and obedience to God you’ll be sorely disappointed. Noah paints the primeval world of Genesis 6 as scorched arid desert, dry cracked earth, and a gray gloomy sky that gives no rain – and all this, caused by man’s “disrespect” for the environment. In short, an anachronistic doomsday scenario of ancient global warming. How Neolithic man was able to cause such anthropogenic catastrophic climate change without the “evil” carbon emissions of modern industrial revolution is not explained. Nevertheless, humanity wanders the land in nomadic warrior tribes killing animals for food or wasteful trophies.

link below- check it out if you are interested, I was obviously disappointed, not that I expected a 'biblical retelling' of the deluge but Noah as a Vegan Enviromentalist? I mean really??? Nephilim as the good guys!!!! WOW...

I guess am more annoyed at myself then anything else, I mean what else would I expect from Hollywood? LOL...

http://godawa.com/movieblog/darren-aronofskys-noah-environmentalist-wacko/
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script   Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Pony1 wrote:
I mean what else would I expect from Hollywood? LOL...

Hey, Hollyweird could have teamed Aronofsky together with J.J. Abrams and we could have had Noah and the nephilim flashing backwards and forwards through time. J.J. managed to ruin the Star Trek movies so he would have been a shoe-in to help ruin the Bible too.
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script   Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:44 pm

they had a movie on about Noah and the flood years ago and in it they had Lot meeting up with him on a raft or something.....hilarious! never laughed so much at a movie before!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script   Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:40 pm

researcher wrote:
Pony1 wrote:
I mean what else would I expect from Hollywood? LOL...

Hey, Hollyweird could have teamed Aronofsky together with J.J. Abrams and we could have had Noah and the nephilim flashing backwards and forwards through time. J.J. managed to ruin the Star Trek movies so he would have been a shoe-in to help ruin the Bible too.

I disagree, I think the timeline change was awesome. I really don't want to see another episode of Muds Women or Trouble With Tribbles. I love the casting and am up for some new adventures and seriously, what will the Federation be without the Planet Vulcan? It was coolness, imo. Smile The topping is Simon Peg as Scotty. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script   Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:55 pm

On the new Star Trek, people either love it or hate it. Doesn't seem to be any middle ground. I tried to like it but really . . .

gaggin gaggin gaggin 

It was like watching someone else play a video game, at least for me. I'm not looking forward to the Darkness movie but I'll probably watch it on DVD just to see if hopefully something improves over the last one.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script   Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:42 am

I'm a true Trekkie. Smile
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script   Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darren Aronofsky's Noah, a review of the script
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: