Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr. Empty
PostSubject: Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr.   Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 am

Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr.

Posted by lamarzulli on July 9, 2013
Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr. Jesse-marcel-srCommentary & Analysis
by
L. A. Marzulli
(Note:  There is a great video In Other News Section today about disasters.  Do we really think this is business as usual?)
Roswell UFO Incident: Crash Made Front Page Of Roswell Daily Record 66 Years Ago
Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr. Alien-interview-jpg

This is an excerpt from my book: The Alien Interviews!

UFO Sightings:

Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr. Interview

In some ways Jesse Marcel is the only person alive who has actually had contact with what may be the wreckage of a UFO that crashed near Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. I think you’ll find the interview, although short and somewhat terse, as revealing as I did. He recently appeared on the History Channel as witness to those events. 
His Website is[url=http:// www.jessemarcelsr.com/] www.jessemarcelsr.com[/url]

Biographical Information about Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr.

Born 30 August 1936 in Houston, Texas, Marcel is a retired military officer who served as a medical officer in the United States Navy from 1962 to 1971, having received his specialty training in Otolaryngology while in the Navy. He joined the Navy in 1962 just in time to take part in the Cuban Missile Crisis by serving on-board a troop transport ship, just missing being part of the invasion of Cuba when the crisis was thankfully, peacefully concluded. 
Marcel opened his medical practice in Helena, Montana, in 1971 and eventually joined the Montana National Guard as a medical officer in 1975 and earned his Flight Surgeon Wings at Ft. Rucker, Alabama. In those days the flight surgeons were allowed to solo in helicopters. During his career in the National Guard, he was appointed State Surgeon of the State of Montana and retired from the military a second time on his sixtieth birthday in 1996. The Iraqi war (Operation Iraqi Freedom) required his returning to the military September of 2004, and he spent the next 13 months as a flight surgeon for the 189th helicopter Battalion in Iraq. He spent his 69th birthday in Iraq and eventually flew more than 225 combat hours in a Blackhawk helicopter. Currently he is employed by the VA Hospital at Ft. Harrison, Montana, but is in the process of retiring. He and his wife Linda live outside Helena and look forward to slowing down and enjoying life. 

L. A.: Can you give us a  thumbnail sketch of the Roswell Event.

J. M.: Late June or early July, 1947, an unknown object crashed outside of Roswell on a ranch northwest of Roswell. The Army Air Force authorities recovered the debris and sent a portion of it to Fort Worth Army Air Field for their information. General Ramey determined that the debris was of unknown origin and floated the cover story that this was just a misidentified weather balloon and sent the debris for further study to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. Most people who actually saw the debris felt that it was of extraterrestrial origin, in that there were apparent non-human remains associated with a portion of the debris.

L. A.: How old were you at the time?

J. M.: I was born 30 August 1936, which would have made me eleven years old.

L. A.:  What did your father do in the Army Air Force?

J. M.: He was the intelligence officer for the 509th Composite Group, which dropped the two atomic bombs on Japan to end the war. As an intelligence officer, a part of his responsibilities was to interpret photographs and brief bomb crews on appropriate targets. He was with the 509th at Wendover, Utah, where the crews practiced dropping what they called the pumpkin, which was a dummy atomic bomb in order to practice their skills on targets. After the war he received raw intelligence and it was his job to decipher this intelligence and give briefings to the appropriate personnel.

L. A.:  Tell us the account of the night your dad brought the debris home.

J. M.: I had been asleep for several hours, when my dad came into my bedroom and awakened me. He was very excited and led me into the kitchen where my mother was standing in the corner. On the floor there was pre-positioned pieces of metallic foil, beam-like structures and black plastic fragments like pieces of a broken phonograph record. My dad said, “Take a close look at this as you will probably never see anything like this again.” I think he used words like parts of a flying saucer to describe the debris. He first wanted us to look for anything that could have come from a radio, such as vacuum tubes, resistors or condensers, which there wasn’t anything like that. I think he already knew but wanted my mother and myself to satisfy our curiosity. We looked at the debris for a total of about fifteen or twenty minutes, then my dad boxed it back up and brought it out to the car. 

L. A.:  What was the wreckage like? 

J. M.: There was primarily foil-like metal beams that resembled “I” beams to my recollection, and the black plastic debris. The foil was very light but tough, and the beams were metallic with a peculiar type of writing along their length. The writing resembled hieroglyphics–but not exactly. There were more geometric shapes and figures that were of a purple violet hue. The black plastic pieces resembled a broken phonograph record [or Bakelite]. 

L. A.:  What was the “memory” metal like?

J. M.: I did not try to bend or tear the metal, but just felt it so I did not witness the metal unfolding, etc.

L. A.:  What did your father say to you that night?

J. M.: I remember him saying words like, “this is parts of a flying saucer,” or something along that line.

L. A.:  When did the story change?

J. M.: After my father returned from Ft. Worth he was firm in his instructions never to talk about this again, treat it like it never happened. I think it was at Ft. Worth where the cover-up was started that he was pressured into saying that this “never happened.”

L. A.:  How did your mother react to this?

J. M.: She was pretty closed mouth about this, never really talking about it.

L. A.:  When did he go public with the story?

J. M.: In 1978 or 1979, Stan Friedman, who was given a heads-up about the Roswell story from a fellow radio amateur friend my dad had–who apparently was told about the Roswell debris during a ham radio conversation with my dad–interviewed him

L. A.: Was there pressure from the military to confuse your dad’s memory of the event.

J. M.: I am not aware of any pressure from the military, except for perhaps a verbal order not to discuss this.

L. A.:  Have you ever been pressured to back off the story?

J. M.: No

L. A.:  What do you think the Roswell event was?

J. M.: I think that it was as advertised, the downing of a probe that came from another civilization. Whether it was crewed or not, I do not know.

L. A.:  Has the validation by Edgar Mitchell of your dad’s story about Roswell change anything for you?

J. M.: It just reinforces what I had thought all along.

L. A.:  What do you think the alien agenda is? Good or bad?

J. M.: I think that they are scientists with a curiosity about other civilizations just like we would be. I do not think they are malevolent. If they were, we would not be here–certainly we don’t have anything they want.

L. A.:  Why the government secrecy? What are they afraid of?

J. M.: I have thought long and hard about this and don’t have any good answer for it. I don’t think they would be afraid of causing public panic like the “War of the Worlds” broadcast in the 1930’s. They may think they are protecting us from ourselves, which, of course, is not true.

L. A.:  Do you think there may be an event that will trigger full disclosure?

J. M.: I think the aliens themselves will disclose their presence in a dramatic fashion when they are good and ready. I don’t think there has been any official contact with any of the world’s governments, although I may be wrong. It may be that the aliens have more to fear from us than we from them.

L. A.:  Final thoughts.

J. M.: I would hope that full disclosure will be made in my lifetime, but even if it isn’t, I know what the truth is.
Back to top Go down

Roswell 66 Years Ago — My Interview with Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr.
Page 1 of 1