Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lufthansa A-380 maiden landing SFO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Lufthansa A-380 maiden landing SFO Empty
PostSubject: Lufthansa A-380 maiden landing SFO   Lufthansa A-380 maiden landing SFO I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:24 pm

OK off topic but if you fly this is fascinating & on clear days the beauty of God's creation is astounding (unless you're landing in Kansas City). First A-380 landing in SFO, watch as the plane virtually lands itself with over 800 souls aboard. Scenery is gorgeous as well as anyone who's flown into SFO knows. I know many on this board have after the Asianna thread. If you watch make sure you stay with it until the German Lufthansa pilots realize the SFO APFD is going to 'christen' their new ride. Germans don't usually have much of a sense of humor, but if you like it dry it'll be good....

http://www.wimp.com/approachlanding/

(also is a good example of how difficult it was for a 777 to do a slam dance short of the runway in identical conditions)

4:35 mark and just farther the co-pilot confirms the turn and says "sportlich" i.e. kind of sporty flying this aircraft carrier.

Last edited by quietobserver on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : end note)
Back to top Go down

Lufthansa A-380 maiden landing SFO
Page 1 of 1