Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE Empty
PostSubject: OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE   OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 am

BY PASTOR MIKE TAYLOR
09/14/2013

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

There are many diverse religious convictions about how the times we live in, called by Christians, the End of Days will be fulfilled. Concerning the doctrine of the second coming of Jesus Christ, you have many denominations who feel they have figured out the time sequence of Biblical eschatology and staunchly defend their concept and their interpretation of what scripture says concerning the greatest event, apart from the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the whole history of mankind. Fact is that the major religions of the Western world believe in a "catching away of the saints" referred to as the Rapture. They just differ on it's timing.

The purpose of this sermon is to take a brief look at two theories and decide which follows the context of the whole of scripture and doesn’t allow proof texting or pulling certain scripture text to fulfill a preconceived notion of a denomination’s stance on this coming, most certain event or the second coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

There are two different beliefs with different subsets in one belief. These two beliefs are the Second Coming of Jesus Christ VS. the Rapture of the Church. Is there a difference between the two? Let’s see what each belief embraces and how they line up with the bible. Within the Return of Jesus Christ view, it encompasses post Millennium, Pre Wrath, and Preterits’ view of the End Time return of Jesus Christ. But for this sermon we will deal mostly with Post vs. Pre-Millennial "catching away of the church".

POST MILLENNIAL VIEW vs. PRE-MILLENNIAL VIEW

According to the proponents of a post millennial view of the subset belief of the second coming of Jesus, we must all go through the horrors of the coming Tribulation. What scriptures do they point to?

1st Corinthians 15::
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

They take this verse and couple it with the 7th angel who blows the last trumpet for the beginning of the final stages of God’s wrath upon this earth: Revelation chapter 11...

continue reading
http://www.churchofgod-usa.org/1/pos...e-rapture.html

You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Luke 12:40
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE   OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:53 am

. . . . and I'm suppose to take this guy seriously??? He can't even get the BASIC terminology correct!

Post millennial = after the 1000 years is finished
vs.
pre-millennial = before the 1000 years starts. 

I went to his web site. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bulls**t! The dude should do us all a big favor and break his keyboard!

POST MILLENNIAL VIEW vs. PRE-MILLENNIAL VIEW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE   OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE   OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Just goes to show that ANYONE can make an internet page and proceed to instruct.  Like Wedunit always says, Discernment is key.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE   OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:04 pm

GROUNDZERO wrote:
I'm having trouble investing in ANY Rapture...can anybody show me text that actually says there IS A Rapture?
there is no text that shows a pre-trib rapture...1 Corinthians 15:52,tells us that a change will take place at the last trump,with the last trump being the 7th trumpet judgement of revelations....go read about the trumpet judgements and see if you notice anything different with the first six,and the seventh....its right there, staring you in the face....people have been conditioned to accept the teaching of a pre-trib rapture,when in reality,it is a lie....see if you can see what I am talking about before I show you
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE   OPPOSING VIEWS ON THE RAPTURE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: