Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MASS ANIMAL DIE-OFF: “I Have Never Seen Anything Like It” – 30,000 Head Of Sheep Killed During A Storm In The Northern Region Of Uruguay!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

MASS ANIMAL DIE-OFF: “I Have Never Seen Anything Like It” – 30,000 Head Of Sheep Killed During A Storm In The Northern Region Of Uruguay! Empty
PostSubject: MASS ANIMAL DIE-OFF: “I Have Never Seen Anything Like It” – 30,000 Head Of Sheep Killed During A Storm In The Northern Region Of Uruguay!   MASS ANIMAL DIE-OFF: “I Have Never Seen Anything Like It” – 30,000 Head Of Sheep Killed During A Storm In The Northern Region Of Uruguay! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:44 am

Hosea 4:1-3: Bird, Fish and Beast Prophecies

Quote :
Hear the word of Hashem, children of Israel! For Hashem has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land. 
Quote :
Swearing and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery--they break all bounds, and blood touches blood.
Quote :
Therefore the land mourns, and every one that dwells in it is depressed, with the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven; the fishes of the sea also are taken away.
MASS ANIMAL DIE-OFF: “I Have Never Seen Anything Like It” – 30,000 Head Of Sheep Killed During A Storm In The Northern Region Of Uruguay!
Oct03
on October 3, 2013
Posted In: Mass Animal Die Off

URUGUAY - “I never saw anything like it, and people with many years of field work also does not remember having seen a case, and I would have told their parents or their grandparents,” Walter Galliazzi lamented yesterday, a producer who suffered huge losses Salta , while overseeing the task of collecting dead sheep and put down a quarry for later incineration.

MASS ANIMAL DIE-OFF: “I Have Never Seen Anything Like It” – 30,000 Head Of Sheep Killed During A Storm In The Northern Region Of Uruguay! Uruguaydeadsheep
The situation after the rains was bleak. Photo. Luis Perez.

Just off the glow of the lights of Expo Prado 2013, the storm that hit Uruguay dramatic left a trail of deaths in rural facilities.

The regional head of the Uruguayan Wool Secretariat (SUL), Adolfo Casaretto said the sheep mortality in the departments of Salto, Tacuarembó, Paysandu and Artigas, could reach 30,000 head.

The coach urged producers to report the loss to the police and warned the public not to consume the meat of animals killed by the storm.

“We know there are people who do not report, so that the figure could be much higher,” he told El Pais president of the Rural Association of Uruguay (ARU), Ruben Echeverria. This Soriano producer in your area ensures that the higher mortality “is being given to newborn lambs level”.

The head of the ARU said it is not just an economic loss to the producer: “also for the country, how they affect exports of wool and mutton.”

He recalled that the high mortality “is not due to negligence of the producers” because “no one could predict a storm so long”.
Jump.

In 51 establishments registered in Salto, 9,769 complaints were yesterday killed and five yearling sheep. The downtown area was the hardest hit by the storm. In a single establishment in the town of Soups, on Route 31, in the evening of yesterday had counted 1,850 dead sheep.

Galliazzi Walter said that the worst of the rain and cold was recorded on Saturday night and that the animals, despite having a period of 25 days shearing, not endured rain intensity in that place was around 200 millimeters accompanied by low temperatures and strong winds.

“I killed 1,350 sheep, 500 of which were sold and shipped yesterday (Monday) and 500 sheep in prepartum and calving status. In another field we have in Cerros de Veras estimates that we lost another 600 bugs.’s Difficult quantify in money but we are talking about animals in good condition and cows inseminated with planteleros good blood, “he said.

Tacuarembó.

Only Tacuarembó killed over 5,000 sheep and lambs as a result of persistent rain and cold in the north. The president of the Rural Association of Tacuarembó, José Luis Tuneu, reported that “the rains were very coveted by all producers in the region because spring seemed to come with drought.”

“Ours was specifying production of rain, but nature is so, it went quite with rain in some areas exceeded 250 millimeters,” he said.

According Tuneau in Tacuarembó estimated death of about 5,000 sheep and lambs. “This year we had to us, including producers which they killed more than 1,000 sheep,” he said.

“If we do a survey with an effective, capable that we can confirm the death of more than 10,000 copies,” he said.

According Tuneau has affected almost every department, from the border with Paysandu, where there was a higher mortality than 1,500 sheep. “Producers who touched him, he hits hard, because some people have sheared and (temporary) they killed more than half of the flock,” he said. Currently there are producers in calving harvest according Tuneau lambs and some have lost about 10% of its production.

Farm.

Damage to the farm are not evaluated, but according to the producers, would focus on fruit, mainly by the destruction caused by the wind on flowering peach and other items. The secretary of the Association of Horticultural Producers of Canelones, Antonio González, told El Pais that heat lived days ago caused the acceleration of flowering fruit trees and vines regrowth. “You have to wait several days to quantify the damage,” he said.

A level of horticultural products “is little damage because they still were not plantations. Stronger work planting is done from October 15,” he said.
MetSul and Cánepa by Twitter

“We have seen headlines in the web announcing a fact that does not help what is the work needed to contain the citizenship now, compare the weather event of 2005 in our opinion this is irresponsible,” said the deputy secretary of Presidency, Diego Canepa, referring to forecasts of private forecasters MetSul Brazilian service.

Yesterday, through his Twitter account, MetSul questioned these sayings and described, in turn, as “irresponsible” to Canepa.

In particular when the deputy secretary said that the event type experienced in the last few hours is something new. “Canepa:` This is a new pattern that begins to occur in the country `. Not! There are more than a century of data from wind storms and shipwrecks,” tweeted MetSul.

“We do science, not policy. Not knowing the past climate is the best key to planning the future disastrously”, tweeted after riograndense station.

Latest data from the temporary

-According to the latest data provided by the National Emergency System (Sinae) yesterday at 20.15 there were 950 evacuees across the country and cut 20 routes.

-The data provided by UTE at the same time, account for 8,500 claims at the beginning of the storm. Currently are 300 homes without power.

-The Department of Thirty-Three was the most affected by the storm throughout the country. The rural roads has been declared in a state of catastrophe.

-Cerro Largo and Thirty-Three requested the Executive to enable by way of exception money to repair Roads and streets affected by the rains. “There are broken roads and bridges that have to make new ones.” - Elpias. [Translated]
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: