Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Signs Of The Times...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Signs Of The Times... Empty
PostSubject: Signs Of The Times...   Signs Of The Times... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 am

Signs Of The Times

Signs Of The Times... Index

Posted on March 5, 2013by Coreen

Unless one is living in seclusion somewhere, there can be no denying the plenitude of signs which clearly show us Jesus’ return is drawing ever so near with each passing day.

Jesus spoke some very strong words to those who did not recognize Him as Messiah and Saviour of the world at His first coming and I cannot help but wonder if He would say the same to many today in regards to understanding the times and season of His return.

Matthew 16:1-4
The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Thank you Jane for sending me this article; it definitely needs to be shared with others.

And There Will Be Signs…
(Source: Homeward Bound)

I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me. But when the earth literally starts to open up and swallow people whole, maybe it’s worth a moment’s worth of introspection, self-analysis, and objective critique of the wisdom of our inclinations.

Perhaps we are too far gone in our rebellion to acknowledge or even realize what is happening. Perhaps we’ve just decided to grit our teeth, set our jaws, and in spite of all God’s warnings still follow our own path and do as we please.

Strange things are happening in the world. Signs are manifesting themselves with eerie regularity, and they have befuddled even supposed men of science. Although science might have a difficult time explaining these signs, they are things spoken of in the Bible as warnings and judgments against rebellion.

It was at the height of Korah’s rebellion that the earth opened up and swallowed him and his family. Not meaning to disparage Charlton Heston’s acting chops in any way, but the earth swallowing up Korah and his family, and the fire which devoured two hundred and fifty others, were two separate events which occurred almost simultaneously.

Why I mention this, is because there is bound to be someone who will shrug off sinkholes opening up and swallowing men whole because there was no fire accompanying them.

Lest one think these signs are confined only to North America, Egypt has been seeing an unprecedented invasion of locusts, likewise reminiscent of the days of Moses, which only begs the question, what’s next on the horizon?

When we couple the signs in the earth with the signs in the heavens, throw in the earthquakes, the wars, the rumors of war, and what will soon be the mother of famines upon many a nation for good measure, we get a pretty clear idea of where we are and where we are headed.

Whenever I start to write about the end times, what the Bible says about the end times, or about prophecies concerning the end times, there are always e-mails and comments accusing me of being a fear monger, a fatalist, or a doomsday prognosticator. I do not write concerning these things to frighten anyone, but to make you aware of the times you are living in, and hopefully encourage you to draw closer to He who is able to safeguard you and yours from the trying days ahead.

I do not revel in pointing out the signs that are all around us, but by the same token I cannot bury my head in the sand and pretend as though they are not manifesting.

Those with eyes to see, see what is happening all around them and as such shore up what is lacking in their spiritual lives, and learn to grow increasingly dependent upon God.

Those with no eyes to see, or worse yet, those who see but talk themselves into believing that their ingenuity and self-reliance will carry them through, will continue their lukewarm existence, content with a form of godliness, and a shadow of the reality they ought to be living.

The days will wait for no man, and whether we are found ready, prepared, fully armored and ready for battle or we are found sleeping the blissful – yet ultimately fatal – sleep of the ignorant and nominal, will be entirely up to us as individuals.

Save for chariots of fire perhaps, the signs could not be any clearer, and they ought to serve as a final wakeup call for those still inclined to slumber just a while longer.

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

Until That Day…

Thessalonians 5:1-6
But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

http://thedayapproaching.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/signs-of-the-times/#more-5544
Back to top Go down

Signs Of The Times...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: