Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'

Go down 
AuthorMessage

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' Empty
PostSubject: This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'   This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:22 am

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report," I'll present Part Two of my "Prophetic Year in Review: 2013." I continue to examine the major stories of the past year that I feel are significant in the light of Bible prophecy. 

For many, the year's top story has been the revelations about the unbelievable scope of the National Security Agency's spying activities. For most of us, things like that are usually "out of sight, out of mind." However, Edward Snowden's shocking document leaks have opened our eyes to the danger we face from our own government. And as we're being reminded daily, not everyone in government plays by the rules. 

The current and foreseeable capabilities of our government's intelligence communities are not only hard to quantify, but they actually defy logic! Who on earth needs the kind of information tracking and storage capacities that our government now has -- never mind the unimaginable amounts they soon will have! 

I know who -- the Antichrist. 

If you read the Bible's description of that time in the earth's future, one thing the Antichrist gains is total control over everyone on earth. To have total control, he'll need unbelievable amounts of information on everyone and the ability to manipulate that information to his advantage. That's how he'll be able to dictate who can buy, sell, hold a job, or, maybe, even receive healthcare. 

Another thing the Antichrist will need is an emasculated American military. He certainly doesn't want to deal with America's current armed forces -- the most powerful in the world with a higher percentage of Christians than the civilian population. That means he needs to drive the Christians out of the services (or at least muzzle them) and so bind up the military with political correctness that it is powerless. 

In 2013, the Antichrist's sponsor, Satan, made a lot of progress in that direction. 

And as Christians in America's armed forces began to feel the heat of social recrimination and organizational castigation, it was mirrored on a global scale with an increase in persecution and martyrdom of Christians and Christian populations around the world, especially throughout the Middle East. The U.S. State Department says that in 2013, Christians were actively persecuted in more than 60 nations worldwide. But, then, Jesus Himself warned that would happen in the days just before His return. 

Here in the United States, we continued our headlong plunge back into the '60s. Colorado passed laws permitting the sale of marijuana for recreational use. As you can guess, the lines extended down the block, even in the snow! One interesting thing, though, is that in all the news video I've seen from the lines at the cannabis stores, everyone seems to be smiling and in a mellow mood. 

Seriously, though, the marijuana turnaround is just an illustration that the American mantra of recent years: "Follow your heart," is nothing more than a rehash of the mantra of the '60s: "If it feels good, do it." 

Folks, that is a recipe for disaster. Don't follow your heart, follow God's Word. The Bible says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) If we follow something (or someone) that is inherently wicked, why are we surprised when we end up in a wicked place? 

As Jesus observed, if you build your house on sand (the world's belief system), it will surely fall. If you build it on a foundation of rock (His Word), it will stand forever. I'm sad to say that as each year passes, America's house crumbles further. Why? Because over the last century, we've allowed our foundation to be consistently eroded by Godless elements and factions in our society. We are now paying the price. 

As each year passes, we see an accelerating fulfillment of the predictions of the ancient prophets. Even those who criticize the study of Bible prophecy cannot deny that the pace of dramatic events is increasing. 2013 saw more than its share of those dramatic, identifiable prophetic advancements. That means this Age is rapidly drawing to a close. Make certain you, your family, your friends and co-workers have received the gift of pardon that Jesus Christ died to purchase for all of us who will receive it. 

Also, thank you for your faithful support of "The Hal Lindsey Report" during 2013. As we move closer to the return of Jesus Christ, we'll see the events foretold in prophecy unfold with greater frequency and intensity. That's why it's so important to keep this program on the air around the world. Now, more than ever, the world needs a 'watchman on the wall.' I can only continue this ministry with your generous support and participation. 

I'm praying that God will bless your faithfulness and grant you a happy and prosperous new year. 

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, The Word Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Please check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: