Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Empty
PostSubject: POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY   POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:57 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546218/Birds-released-Vatican-gesture-peace-immediately-attacked-vicious-seagull-crow.html

Birds of pray: Doves released in the Vatican as a gesture of peace are immediately ATTACKED by vicious seagull and crow

• Tens of thousands of people were watching in St Peter's Square
  • Seagull and a large black crow swept down on the doves today

• They had been set free from open window of the Apostolic Palace

By Mark Duell
PUBLISHED: 09:33 EST, 26 January 2014 | UPDATED: 10:22 EST, 26 January 2014

View
comments

Two white doves released by children standing alongside Pope Francis as a peace gesture today were attacked by other birds.
As tens of thousands of people watched in St. Peter's Square, a seagull and a large black crow swept down on the doves right after they were set free from an open window of the Apostolic Palace.
One dove lost some feathers as it broke free from the gull. But the crow pecked repeatedly at the other dove. It was not clear what happened to the doves as they flew off.

Scroll down for video

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF889A700000578-675_634x421
Go: Pope Francis is joined by two children who release doves during the Angelus Prayer in St. Peter's Square

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF864A900000578-78_634x480
Off they fly: Francis was celebrating the prayer from the window of his studio overlooking St. Peter's Square

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF8B5C900000578-21_634x651
Windowsill; A seagull attacks a dove released by a child from the papal window during Francis's prayer

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF8951E00000578-293_634x465
Attack: Two white doves had been sent fluttering into the air as a peace gesture by Italian children
While speaking at the window beforehand, Francis had appealed for peace in Ukraine, after at least three people were killed during the latest clashes in the two-month crisis.
Police and demonstrators in Kiev fought again as protests against President Viktor Yanukovich's abrupt turn away from the European Union towards Russia, Ukraine's former Soviet overlord.

More...

• 'Ah, Mr President, maybe we need to have a chat about sin': Francois Hollande meets the Pope as Valerie Trierweiler prepares to make her 'last stand' as French First Lady with charity trip to India
  • Diana was 'uneducated' and the older royals are 'boring': Astonishing outburst by 'pushy' Princess Michael
  • 'Perversion of faith' is cause of 21st-century wars - and the battle against it is only just beginning, says Tony Blair

‘I am close to Ukraine in prayer, in particular to those who have lost their lives in recent days and to their families,’ Francis said in his weekly Angelus in St Peter's Square.
‘I hope that a constructive dialogue between the institutions and civil society can take place, that any resort to violence is avoided and that the spirit of peace and a search for the common good is in the hearts of all.’

Moment Pope releases white doves to promote peace

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Video-undefined-1AF9EAB000000578-848_636x358

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF8954600000578-653_634x467
Not getting away: A dove which was freed by children flanked by Pope Francis is attacked by a seagull

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF8867D00000578-972_634x460
Watch out: A dove which was freed by children flanked by Pope Francis is chased by a black crow

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF8872C00000578-322_634x471
Watch out: After the pope and the two children left the windows, a seagull and a big black crow quickly swept down, attacking the doves, including one which had briefly perched on a windowsill

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY Article-2546218-1AF8A5E500000578-66_634x435
Crow fought the wings of a dove: While speaking at the window beforehand, Francis had appealed for peace in Ukraine, where anti-government protesters have died
The mass rallies against President Yanukovich's rule erupted last November after he pulled out of a free trade deal with the European Union in favour of closer economic ties with Russia.
They have since spiralled into protests against misrule and corruption among Ukraine's leaders and officials.

There have been violent clashes with police in Kiev city centre, resulting in the death of three protesters last week, two from gunshot wounds.

Share or comment on this article
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: BREAKING: Vatican "Peace Doves Attacked By Black Crow"   POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:40 am

BREAKING: Vatican "Peace Doves Attacked By Black Crow"

The pope was doing that as a symbol for world peace? Then I would say this is a sign of world war.

Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY   POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:14 am

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time this has happened.
Back to top Go down
SixDayJay

SixDayJay

PostSubject: Re: POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY   POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 am

billetman wrote:
I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time this has happened.

Foreboding, nonetheless, wouldn't you say?

You can't go to the store and buy a good ear and rhythm.
Les Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY   POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

God's signs are subtle.
Are ye paying attention?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY   POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POPE RELEASES PEACE DOVES TO MEET DEMISE INSTANTLY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: