Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A large flood zone is being projected

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

A large flood zone is being projected Empty
PostSubject: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm

By the way most of my day was white, every other day.

Large Flood Zone Across Central/Eastern United States With Storms Over Next 10 Day Period
Thursday, May 8, 2014 18:47

http://beforeitsnews.com/weather/2014/05/large-flood-zone-across-centraleastern-united-states-with-storms-over-next-10-day-period-2442950.html

(Before It's News)

A large flood zone is being projected 50714f

(TheWeatherSpace.com) – A large flood zone is being projected across the Plains, eastward through the East-Central United States, from the Gulf States north to the Great Lake States.  Severe storms will accompany the system.
A round of storms will hit the area starting tomorrow for the plains and spreading eastward from there through the red-shaded zones.  Very heavy rainfall will accompany all storm system that cross this area over the next 10 day period, bringing flooding.  Severe thunderstorms with large hail, damaging winds, and even tornadoes may accompany parts of the shaded zone as well.  Those will be addressed the morning of their arrival in official TheWeatherSpace.com alert products.
Stay with TheWeatherSpace.com for further updates.
Follow this story and more at TheWeatherSpace.com Facebook By Clicking Here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:13 pm

http://beforeitsnews.com/weather/2014/05/millions-in-line-of-new-storm-floods-tornadoes-2442948.html

Millions In Line Of New Storm Floods, Tornadoes
Thursday, May 8, 2014 18:39

(Before It's News)

Strong winds, rain and flooding could impact as many as 14 million people starting Friday, according to CNN meteorologist Sherri Pugh, who says Saturday is likely to bring more more rain, while Texas is among places under a tornado watch. According to Accuweather.com, another line of severe storms is developing now over southwest Minnesota, and moving steadily northeast. 

‘If it keep on rainin the levee gonna break’

“We’ve never seen the water this high,” a fisherman on the southern shore of Lake Erie told Deborah Dupré this past weekend. “The water is so high, it pushed the fish right up the narrow creek behind my house and that’s never happened before.”

He said, “Something’s going on.”

Asked if he thought global warming might be to blame, he said, “Everybody up here knows something’s melting the Arctic ice. It’s hard to be a global warming denier up here. It’s easier to see it up here.”

He then shook his head and simly said, “End times.”

Southerns as far down as south Louisiana might be saying the same thing after another season of heavy flooding is predicted there.  Even without more rain, they’d still be bracing for severe flooding as an extra amount of northern melted snow flows toward the already rising Gulf of Mexico. 

A flood warning has been in effect for southern Louisiana and Mississippi where motorists are being advised: 

“DO NOT DRIVE CARS THROUGH FLOODED AREAS.  REMEMBER…TWO FEET OF
RUSHING WATER CAN CARRY AWAY MOST VEHICLES INCLUDING PICKUPS.  TURN AROUND AND DON`T DROWN.”

A flood warning continues for Louisiana and Mississippi rivers including: Pearl River near Bogalusa affecting St. Tammany and Washington Parishes and Hancock and Pearl River Counties in Mississippi.

After a deluge and flooding last week, Mobile, Alabama, and Pensacola, Florida, will get another 1 to 3 inches of rain dumped on them. 

“The area has been dealing with recent heavy rains, so the risk is high in those areas for flash flooding, and there’s been a flash flood watch issued,” CNN reports.

Rain also will begin drenching the Pacific Northwest on Thursday, with the system moving to the Northern Rockies on Friday and Saturday.

“Scattered severe thunderstorms capable of very large hail and tornadoes are forecast today across parts of Minnesota and Iowa,” according to NOAA. “Other more isolated severe storms are possible across parts of the mid Mississippi Valley into the Southern Plains.”

Added to millions of people facing an already high water table and more flooding, millions of others face strong storms expected to strike from Arkansas to Indiana, with more rain in the Midwest, South and Northeast as the new system moves east. 

Bob Dylan sings in Modern Times, ”If it keep on rainin’, the levee gonna break.” Even if the rains subsided this season, it appears the Mississippi levees will again be put to the test this spring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:59 pm

*... yep.  we're right in the path of these storms too.  we do need the rain, but w/out the storm damage.  let's keep on prayin'...  

juke
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:51 pm

We in the southwestern states will be happy to take some of that rain off their hands if they can find a way to send it over. It's baking over here at 90° F and 17% humidity and the forecast is for nothing but hotter and drier. I hung wet laundry on the line today and it was bone dry in about 30 minutes, and that was for the wet towels and wet denim jeans. T-shirts & etc. dried in about 10-15 minutes. Wonder if we are being HAARP'ed again?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:20 pm

I think Memphis Minnie would have been proud of John Bonham's drumming on that song.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm

It's started here and the power is out already. I have been waiting for it for hours and when the power went out I rustled the chickens into their house and as I closed their windows the wind blast hit. Wow!!! Now it's rainy, rumbly and calm. 

Researcher, my heart goes out to you. We have plenty of drought and heat here so I can empathize. And it being spring and all..... It doesn't bode well. But then again, nothing much does nowadays. Except the Lords plan. Depending which side you're on!! I thanked God for turning the power off and alerting me to get my chickens put up.....  It's all so weird, being centered on The Lord. But I like it. Power is still out... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:35 pm

*... a nice, soft, cool rain would be extremely nice!

angel bounce
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:56 pm

That's nice Tet! It's picking up again...snug inside
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Ahhhh maaaan, I love the Zep. Their first album released in 1969 was their best, or so I think.

A large flood zone is being projected Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_%281969%29_front_cover

And it is being re-released 03 June 2014 on VINYL baby!!! Yeah, that's right, those round black groovy things that you have to drop a needle onto. I'm so there! And it's a 3 record set with lots of extra goodies. Nothing beats good vinyl played through a vacuum tube amplifier. I can't wait. It's pricy but not so bad for three 12 inch re-mastered licorice pizzas. Comes with free mp3 download too. My pre-order is in. I didn't care about the CD's or the book in the box set so I ordered the LP only version (top link). Lord have mercy, I sound like I'm selling this on $$$ commission. I assure y'all that I'm not.  bounce

Thanks goes out to Tetra for putting the Zep on my mind today. I wouldn't have known about this album otherwise.

http://www.amazon.com/Zeppelin-Deluxe-Edition-Remastered-Vinyl/dp/B00IXHBOF2

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Super-Deluxe-Edition/dp/B00IXHBPSI/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_1

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:11 pm

I was just listening to Zep, too! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:27 pm

*... here is a way too cool album to groove on when it's rainin' outside...

servin up coolness
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:45 pm

researcher wrote:
Nothing beats good vinyl played through a vacuum tube amplifier. 

audience clapping
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Speaking of good music…..I personally can't think of anyone in the last number of years who writes, performs and interprets their music visually on stage as well as Peter Gabriel. ….. whether it's sheer joy, sadness, introspectiveness… he's just very good at his craft.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Last edited by jem on Mon May 26, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: rainy day   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:39 pm

*... we got 8-10 inches the other day.  it stormed all nite, but no damage was done.  thank God!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A large flood zone is being projected   A large flood zone is being projected I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A large flood zone is being projected
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: