Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future Empty
PostSubject: Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future   Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:19 pm

As the worm turns . . . .

Two Popes resigning in sequence one after the other. Make of it what you will. I don't think that Tom Horn & Cris Putnam even saw this one coming.

Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future Worm-turns

www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/184187

Israel National News wrote:
Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live
Pope Francis speaks about his poor health for the first time, indicates the possibility of early retirement.

Pope Francis believes that he still has a maximum of three years left to live, he told reporters Monday, and indicated that he is considering early retirement. 
"Another two or three years, and God will take me," Francis said, speaking to reporters on his way back to the Vatican from South Korea. According to reporters on the plane, the pope was generally in high spirits despite the grim prediction. 
Francis, 77, was elected in March last year. The current Pope has not been in the best of health throughout his life; he lost one of his lungs in his 20s after a serious illness, and has undergone several surgeries in recent years. Vatican officials have hinted in the past that Francis may also have trouble walking.
However, Monday night was the first time Francis himself spoke about his medical condition in public.
The Pope said that he might resign in future, "even if it is not received favorably by some theologians."
He said that 60 years ago, Catholic bishops "would not dare to even think about such a possibility," but today the situation is different.
"Benedict the 16th opened the door," Francis said, mentioning his predecessor, who resigned unexpectedly due to his unstable health condition.
So far, Pope Francis's tenure has been marked by a controversial visit to Israel earlier this year, whereby the pope called the Palestinian Authority (PA) the "state of Palestine" and then made an unexpected stop at the security barrier between Jerusalem and Bethlehem to pray at a section with "Pope we need to see someone to speak about justice. Bethlehem look like Warsaw ghetto. Free Palestine" spray-painted on it.
In terms of world affairs, Francis has proposed a number of revolutionary ideas to reform the Church, including a "zero-tolerance" policy toward sex abuse in the Catholic Church and urging the Vatican to embrace the poor.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future   Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:48 pm

In a completely unrelated matter:

Buenos Aires: Three relatives of Pope Francis, two great nephews and their mother, have been killed in a traffic accident in Argentina, police said.

The dead include a baby of eight months and a two-year-old toddler, police commissioner Carina Ferreyra said. Their father, the Pope's nephew Horacio Bergoglio, is in serious condition, she told AFP.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/three-relatives-of-pope-francis-killed-in-accident-in-argentina-20140819-1060v7.html#ixzz3AsBh4B00
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Pope–Petrus Romanus–Francis Has Only a Few Years to Live?   Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 am

Pope–Petrus Romanus–Francis Has Only a Few Years to Live?

08/19/2014

The Arutz Sheva Israel National News is reporting that Pope Francis has only a few years to live and may retire like his predecessor Benedict.  If he steps down, then I will be the first to say the Prophecy of the Popes was wrong. People who read Petrus Romanus carefully are aware I have always been tentative, for it to be fulfilled Rome should be destroyed. If Pope Frank steps down and Rome is fine, the prophecy of the popes is undone. I have always maintained a wait and see position, my argument has been that past fulfillment compelled me to not dismiss it. I will dismiss it if this pope retires uneventfully. However, it could also mean that 2016 will mark its culmination, the jury is still out.

Quote :
Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live
Pope Francis believes that he still has a maximum of three years left to live, he told reporters Monday, and indicated that he is considering early retirement.
“Another two or three years, and God will take me,” Francis said, speaking to reporters on his way back to the Vatican from South Korea. According to reporters on the plane, the pope was generally in high spirits despite the grim prediction.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/184187#.U_Nce2P5M-d

http://www.logosapologia.org/
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future   Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 am

tom horn said this was a possibility on the jim bakker show ....that the predecessor was a good candidate for the last pope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future   Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pope Francis: I Only Have 2-3 More Years to Live - The Pope Said That He Might Resign in Future
Page 1 of 1