Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies

Go down 
+5
Warrior Shepard
Dove
researcher
Yaddy
hiscity
9 posters
AuthorMessage
hiscity

hiscity

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies Empty
PostSubject: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:27 pm

If you do an image search on "non-typicals" you'll find deer, elk, cattle, and other horned animals with oddly shaped antlers. That's the phrase that came to mind when I thought about what to call a christian fellowship for Aspies.

knights of Ni

Aspberger's Syndrome for those that don't know is a mild form of autism. I won't call it a disorder, though it's seen as part of a spectrum of behavior that includes autism disorders. Aspies are often intellectually over-developed in some areas and emotionally odd in others. spock

The reason this is meaningful to me as a senior adult is that the more I learn about Aspberger's the more I recognize the typical symptoms in myself, which is really quite a relief. alien

All my life, I had a mild tremor that never really bothered me, though it does make my handwriting horrible. My whiteboard presentations look terrible... but I really like using a whiteboard. I use visuals and hand motions a lot to convey what I'm thinking. bounce

All my life, I blushed horribly too easy. Especially the first minute of giving a large group presentation of most any sort. And any personal confrontation would usually result in my shaking and the blood rushing to my head. The blushing and shaking are often cued by others as anger, though I'm not angry or guilty or embarrassed and generally emotionally detached from the physical symptoms. Embarassed

All my life, I've been perfectly happy to be alone. I never feel alone. Even the farthest I ever strayed from God, I always knew He was aware of me. I sense Him like I sense others in a room or a house. I'm hyper-sensitive about noises, which makes me acutely aware of when people are around. angel/dev

I hate loud noises. And I try not to make noises except when I have to. Suspect And I feel personally attacked when others are so rudely loud. affraid (And the stupid people with horribly loud bass sound systems in vehicles that jar through walls deserve what they get when they all go deaf having listened to satan's heartbeat for so long!) That's my internal emotional reaction to loud noises, which I've learned to pray about. Even though the military uses loud noises against enemies.... Same deal with loud motorcycles... (They want to be heard, I get that, but I think they should go to .... ahem, go to well....) explode (<--- my head exploding, not theirs)

So I've learned to use ear plugs. And keep a set handy. Especially for church services. Where I live, they think they have to crank up the worship music to praise. And that it's not praise unless it's earsplitting. Which just kills worship for me.... though using ear plugs helps, even though others may think that's demonic. Anyone recognizing similar traits?
band jimi band rock classical blues

As for being social, I'm ok in structured situations. Such as school or work. I've had problems with one boss who tries to run work like a family, and tries to insist that I relate more to co-workers. If he only knew that I've never had a close friend to hang out with since my 20s (over 30 years now), I think he'd be shocked. Needless to say, I over-excel at other work related skills. study

That said, even though I've most always been an honors student, I've never been able to finish college, 120 semester hours later, in 5 different colleges. And I likewise have problems staying with a church. confused

Depression is something I'd wrestle with in the winter, for most of my life, but not for the past several years since learning to use Vitamin D... amazing difference. I had problems with alcohol in my 20s. Now I try not to take any meds of any sort, though I do take a one-a-day vitamin. sunny

I very happily use decaf and abstain from alcohol. That keeps me smoothed out much better emotionally. I really hate showing emotions, since my emotions go out of control so easily. Videos are like a roller coaster, so I much prefer to be working on something while a video is playing. And I hate drama at work. Who needs to live a telenovela? slapfight

So I just thought that being a loner was part of sinful human nature. I've long since learned to forgive myself and try to be more involved with structured activities in church ministries, like helping give seminars.... but as I've grown older, I'm starting to lose some of my emotional control. So the blushing and shaking are harder to deal with and come more often. Which means people get the wrong signals more often. So it's getting weirder. (<--- funny looking word) angry spin

That said, there's this Aspie thing. And the symptom overlap with my traits is really jaw dropping. Take for instance having an extra long neck and severe under-bite. My granny used to try to tell me I think, that I was born different, since she took me in confidence several times to tell me that she "re-shaped" my head when I was a baby. She's passed on years ago now, certainly saved. I'd like to ask her if I had a pointy head, or elongated skull like a pharaoh, or alien.... It really doesn't bother me that I look like a geek, but what would I have looked like otherwise??? 2headed

She's really the one that raised me. The funny thing is I can't remember ever seeing my granddad's face. He died when I was young, but I know he lived behind my parents' house in our back yard in a trailer. He was an alcoholic. And all considered... possibly a hermit. I thought I had some of his traits, but now it seems I'm a lot more like the Aspies. I love you

And I'm wondering where you find church for Aspies? Or is it possible to have a "non-typicals" christian fellowship? Especially for folks that don't like loud music, or haphazard schedules, or sitting on hard pews for too long. We need fellowship, which I think many of us get in some measure on-line. Me, I really don't like talking on the phone or doing chats or texting (trivial, trivial, trivial). Facebook, yuch! Google+ ... I just don't want to be seen -- or even detected that I'm around. Is it wise to have such a fellowship where you might be lumped into a non-typicals group? I've experienced enough prejudice already. hide

Would it actually help or hurt, since Aspbergers is close but just not quite normal? I've learned to imitate normal though that always seemed a bit plastic. I really get nothing out of small talk, which is just boring. But would it hurt to be diagnosed and labeled Aspie(?) -- since it's a stigma -- like "pencil neck geek." No

Except perhaps to Jesus ...blessed are the meek. What a Face

Does this resonate with anyone? Are we just made different? Do we have more nephilim DNA warping us from the rebel angels' mad science genetic incursions? And is being non-social a sin? Question Question Question

Was David Flynn Aspie? Paradox Brown says she is.... Did God make us different to be "masters of assembly" at the expense of "social graces?" Curse or blessing? Curses turned to blessings??

My questions definitely are open to y'all but also squarely addressed to The Creator Himself. cheers I have highest expectations!

Last edited by hiscity on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Therer are a lot more Aspies around than you think....there are at least 2 young ones at our church and my sister has a son aged 25 now, (I think) who is, as well...he is very good with timing and computers.
Timing I mean, he only has to hear something a couple of times and he has the timing down pat...e.g. I have an old Stan Freberg LP that has "Elderly man river" on it....he mimes it with his older brother and Mr squeegly's ? bell...is what he does.....on the dot...from the record...never misses a beat...you'd swear he was ringing a bell even though there isn't one....fantastically good!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 am

@hiscity
I have a lot of the same noise issues that you have and I also like being alone. I'm almost 61 years old and never been married. I'd make a great hermit. I hate phones, junk mail, chit-chatting, etc. but I do love a good conversation if it has some intelligence involved. This forum is the closest I've ever gotten to just letting my hair down and having a fun chat but I think that is due to the fact that this forum can be serious too. I don't think that I'm aspie but I've always been different.

@yaddy
Ohhhh, I love Stan Freberg. I have a few of his LP records. For thos youngsters out there who don't know who Stan Freberg is a sample is below.

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 am

ha ha ha I have that one too! it's a pretty good L.P
I don't suppose you have "Elderly man river"???
It's a beauty too! cheers righton (and I am almost 75...)
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 am

@Yaddy
re: "more aspies" ... Now that I know what to look for I recall other co-workers and school acquaintances I worked with that had the traits. There's one co-worker now that fits many of the traits except for the difficulty socializing. Though some have families.... This whole notion of a "spectrum" (or range) of austistic traits suggests that it's possible to be "color blind" to the condition. ...which is funny since being "social-cue blind" is an aspie trait. I believe the incidence is 1:10,000.

Take for instance sensory "filtering" issues, like hypersensitivity to sound, light, tactile sensations, or smells. I've had all of these, but I wonder if that's also a result of living alone? The assault on the senses from working on ships is so extreme that it creates a type of "high noise floor" like hearing rain or a noise generator. I really loved working and living at sea because of: few insects like mosquitos, constant rocking motion (sea legs), higher random noise levels (like living in a factory), and overwhelming smells like diesel exhaust. So I kinda get how I could do very well in a shipboard environment, which also tends to mask being a bit less coordinated. So there are ways to adapt.

@researcher
Ooo! Junk mail and commercials and telemarketers. I don't have a tv, don't have a landline phone, and don't spend money because such distractions are so unwelcome. Most especially the high noise of commercials. There are a lot of podcasters that don't get that either.

I have found one good use for junk mail though -- cutting out the address to me and taping them to bills I return.

Though old time radio was a bit before my time, I listened to a lot of it as a teen by picking up the recordings from the library while I was on delivery routes. Stan Freberg is new to me.... plenty of his materials on youtube.

Thanks both!! thank you very much

Last edited by hiscity on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 am

I should say upfront, I don't know any aspies, [except you ]and don't have deep knowledge of it's expression through a person....so if you think, 'oh, she doesn't understand', you're right.
But we all have something that makes us realize the Truth that we need
healing, and then a Healer, and then even a Saviour.

I do have some peripheral knowledge though, as my daughter was born
with multiple birth defects, called CHARGE Syndrome, which is very involved
and pretty much affects everything. She's 28 now, and such a treasure
and an honor to to know and love and be loved by.

She started therapeutic pre-school at 3. The demands on her systems were overwhelming. I almost lost her to the realm of 'alphabet soup' of behavioral diagnoses. ASD is common in CHARGE. How unfair that is, as I
have seen how it can develop.

Then public school for awhile till Jr. High came, when I was finally successful in getting her into Perkins School for the Blind, though she has some vision, some hearing. What a fight that was to impress upon a budget strapped and unwilling public system, the constant demands on an individual when ones body, mind, and emotions don't automatically back you up, but instead betray your efforts in every moment.

She's aware of her differences in ability and appearance. But, she
claims her right to her life without 'pushing back', or not too much anyway.
Sometimes under her breath, LOL. I hear her. The world is not always
kind.
But her angels are something else! Magnificent.

So, you have a couple decisions to explore? I see the 'loner' aspect,
the 'not fitting in' with the rest of the world, and no real desire to, either.
That seems common to many of us just because of our 'position in Christ'.
I'm saying those traits could likely be there without any additional help
from a diagnosis.

And you're thinking about making another move out into the world, and
naturally wondering where-how to find a good fit.

So, I guess you're going to have to go 'church shopping'. You can always
start in the back pews by the door for that quick get-away if needed.

The world is going to disappoint you. The Bible says if you're friends with
the world, you can't be friends with God.
But with the steady 'awareness of God with you', you can do anything.
That 'inner awareness of His Presence with us" is the confidence that carries us through the doors, and allows us to be gracious to others.

Then, you can ask Him to bring you to a 'good fit'. And don't be surprised
if the first attempt yields just the opposite. It happens so many times.
The best response is to just laugh over it, and then keep going. Try someplace else.

Are you getting enough real, sweaty, (lol) regular physical exercise to help the nervous system process out some of those autonomic stress responses?
That, and oils, should make a positive difference.

Taking flax and/or fish-krill oil, cooking with coconut oil, and an all-over body
anointing with olive oil, especially the head, done regularly, should also
make a big, big difference. There's a way to cure the oil I can write you
if you're interested in trying that.

It's up to you which way you go. If you really want an aspie church then
you can connect through the many organizations available and find
out who's in your area.
Or, if you just want a general community church experience, you'll
probably have to walk through a few doors.

And you can revise your direction anytime you want. You'll know better
as you walk it out.

Diana has had to learn how to navigate by making her needs known
without feeling diminished by it, or by other people's [sometimes gross]
lack of understanding.
There's a difference between acknowledging and accommodating our
differences [and we all have them to some degree], and being defined
by them.
She has disabilities, but that's not who she is at all!
She's wise and funny and capable. Sometimes a genius in her
insights. And this with lumps of undeveloped brain tissue throughout
her skull!
Her fight for life was long and harsh and horrendous and brutal.
And what they told me to expect for the future was the same.
And that was unacceptable. So I turned from the 'world' and learned to:

Do the Will of God. Through service? Not yet. First:
CHOOSE that which brings joy, and have a joyful life, day by day.
CHOOSE that which brings peace, and have a peaceful life.
CHOOSE that which brings love, and have a life in love.

And from this life, built this way, our service flows naturally.
We want to be asking the right questions to find the right answers.

Well, that's more than I expected to be saying when I got up this
morning. I love you Maybe something touched on your thoughts.

Most people cannot believe that they could put down their problem
and seek peace or joy, even in the midst.
And they really don't believe that doing such a thing could have any
bearing on their problem.
So, how can this be? By being born a second time, into a New Life
in a New Place~the Kingdom of God.

"How can I be happy, have joy", they say, "when I have this huge problem.
When the problem goes away, then I'll be happy."
Nope! Joy IS the [evidence of the] medicine that brings ALL healing!
Does that guarantee the aspie goes away? I can't say that.

Maybe you'll lose it, maybe you'll use it.
But you won't be a 'victim' to it in any way. It need not rob you of anything,
or keep you from any good thing.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made by Him for Him, Himself.

This 'choosing' is our Abiding! Different from the ways of the world?
Absolutely! But it is what allows the Kingdom it's Authority over the
world, one saved and delivered person at a time. It is what OUR LIFE IN HIM, AND THE TRUTH OF HIS WORD ABIDING IN US looks like, sounds like, is like. This is His Will for us; always for Good, 'so that our
joy might be complete.' And that there is indeed, real substance and
evidence of our faith.

So.... if you have a 'lonely' ministry, you should walk in mine for
awhile. Laughing And I have many 'proofs' that God's Way First...then all else...works Divinely, by His Hand. But I understand its not their fault, and maybe it's not my fault either.

"I know the plans I have for you...."
"above all brethren, I pray that you prosper even as your soul prospers."
"I come that you might have Life, and Life more abundant."
"Take from Me..." The Fruit of the Spirit.
Thank you, Father, from whom all blessings flow.
Guide us to all Goodness through Right understanding, we pray.
Help us see as You see, know the Peace that You give,
and may we be conformed in all things, to Your Will for us.

love
We have at least one doctor and one nurse here too, that should have
good input.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 pm

Dove,

Not sure how far I'll get with this tonight. May need installments. Just finished with Russ D's monday night class....

One thing I'm acutely aware of is categories and labels. So it's easy for me to see that the diagnosing someone as autistic or aspbergers is a matter of where to draw the lines. Of course, some of that is just innate. That said, I'm not sure where I fall on the range of traits for such things, but I'm reasonably sure it's more of an array or spatial volume than a linear spectrum. The label aspie has a major overlap with the traits I have, a surpising overlap to me. But I'm not diagnosed, and somewhat suspicious of labeling people as this or that when much more complex things are going on. Nonetheless... if that helps others know I know what they're going through, that's good.

The other side to that is what researcher said. He's not aspie but has some of the traits, I've described. I have to wonder if hyper-sensitivities come from living alone? It's funny though when I see aspies talk about getting to work early so they can concentrate, and being disrupted just by the presence of someone in another cubicle. I get to work and open up at 6:30 and get at least an hour jump on most everyone. So I take lunch an hour early. And get off early.

Gotta compare for bit with combat centers and similar operations. There's a lot of information. So they keep them dark to minimize the distractions. How do mom's manage when they've got so much to deal with? And can't turn of the kids. Or get enough sleep? There's got to be something that filters. And I think it works better in more normal folks.

I've worked in hospitals doing equipment maintenance (including checks and repairs on just about anything medical). So medical conditions are interesting. I think you're daughter has some of your determination.

C - Coloboma of the eye, central nervous system anomalies
H - Heart defects
A - Atresia of the choanae
R - Retardation of growth and/or development
G - Genital and/or urinary defects (Hypogonadism)
E - Ear anomalies and/or deafness

Of all the shows I've stopped watching is one called "Freakshow." It's a "reality show" about a group folks who have overcome their situations and even turn them productive. Of course, there's more than that going on...

AMC's Freakshow

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies C2e73b1ac22dcd3aa31eadc1d1d74b61

youtube of Billy Owen talking with others

article about Billy Owen

Billy can tell his own story better than I can. He's overcome cancer of the sinus leaving a huge void. And is clearly comfortable with the distinction instead of trying to mask it. And the marvel to me is that, he's just another one us, a typical guy, dealing with the hand we've been dealt.

So yes, there's plenty I can do to help my situation, and have... somethings I've been successful at and can share. It's been a blessing in the past several months to realize that I'm playing the hand I was dealt and I don't have to try to be normal. As if that were even possible headed toward 60 years old. The "Have life and have it more abundantly" verse has always been something I've equated with the stereotypical normal healthy family.

But I'm more and more sure that normal isn't normal. And that means stopping trying to fit into the "raising families" oriented churches. So then the question becomes -- what's left? Having helped with prison chaplaincy, before the stroke and before getting so off involved in work, I know there are options.

So part of the interest in the Russ Dizdar type ministries is about the "highways and hedges" type ministries. The fringe concerns that the family church really can't handle while raising kids.... Perhaps that's seniors ministry or some other?? We have no end of "winter texan" pensioners down in my area. So that's on the check list.

And that's why the questions come up? No need for me to reinvent the wheel when someone else may have fellowships for those that love Holy Spirit filled service -- but really can't stand loud noise and too many folks. Nursing homes come to mind. Veterans (VA) ministry likewise.

But I think that also means being able to demonstrate overcoming in my own life. I would love to have known more about deliverance in prison ministry. I needed to know a great deal more about how to deal with major religions and the powers behind them. And I'm convinced that growing into the fullness of the stature of Christ means helping with all His ministries, which is certainly a team effort. By that I mean the classic ones, however they're needed: Preach good news, Restore sight, Heal broken hearts, Deliver the captives, Shield the abused, Forgive sins and debts, and true Witness.

Your counsel (Lord be praised) turned to sharing His voice. So my next installment will deal more directly with responding to Him.

I'd certainly welcome your help with curing oils. That's peaked my interest. The researcher part of me wants to go track it down.... but I'll keep it leashed.

I'd like to see more about your daughter's "fight with life." Not sure what a good venue is for that? You know about what Corrie Ten Boom was doing before holocaust passage in her life?

Perhaps under the heading of "Overcomers Ministries?"

That's quite enough here for now. More (as I mentioned), tomorrow.

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies Jesus-lazarus
(from here: http://darlenesponderings.com/tag/overcomers/)

Please excuse the typos, I'm out of steam...... Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 am

Quote :
“It is not so much what happens, but how we take it, that is important,” Tante Corrie had often told me. Through the hard circumstances of the last years of her life, the Lord had shown me a paradox: The deepest fellowship with Him lies not in resisting when suffering comes our way, but in going through it resolutely with Him.”

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:04 pm

I know. Tiring. I determined on Sunday not to watch much or post for at least
a time. And instead turn right around and write mega-posts.
Please don't feel you have to respond to all I write.

And I didn't mean to hijack your thread with Diana's issues, cuz the issues
aren't the point. I just wanted to establish some basis for relating.
What has been important to me is what I learned of the Kingdom while
walking out this quest for healing as Jesus gives, not as the world gives.

Usually we live life from the realm of the world, looking up to God,
maybe even for His 'granting us' the overcoming Power.
And, that's not quite how it works.
Instead, I 'rest' in Him, and then He Comes in Power and Overcomes.
To have Victory, one must surrender all.
And it's progressive, thankfully. And there is still more after this.
But this is the real starting point of the born again life, I now believe.
And the words in the Bible now described Truths in ways that I had never grasped before. They are very literal!

One way or another, I believe we'll come to these same understandings,
and much MORE, whether while still here, or whether in our 'going to be with Him.'
But, I'll pm it to you, and you can look at it at your leisure.

Quote :
You know about what Corrie Ten Boom was doing before holocaust passage in her life?
No, but I'm curious and will look it up if you'd rather not write it out.
~Oh, I see Rose has something from her.~

Thank you for all your attentiveness. Yes, those 6 letters earn the
diagnosis. And then comes everything else. She's an amazing person.
I'm so fortunate to know her.
But, what has been true for us in this miracles journey, can be true for anyone.
Those are the parts I wanted to share with you. I love you

Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:44 pm

My adult working career has been in the medical field. The amount of disease and breakdown in the body is hard to cope with. My wife of 20yrs suffered for 5yrs and nearly died because we could not diagnose a disease that she has called Addison's. This disease, like many others, is masked by symptoms that are usually something else. $40k later and an ER run that almost resulted in death came to a sudden end with a proper diagnosis of her condition that is easily treatable, but like many things not curable by modern medicine terminology. We can see in the scriptures that many of the things which we suffer can very much be linked to sins of forefathers going back 4 and 5 generations. My last 9yrs of the hospital working environment was spent as the senior technician in pharmacy mixing chemotherapy treatments for infants to adults. I was also on the 'code' team. I saw wonderful and glorious mercy from our Father in heaven during those times, but I also witnessed things that most never have the opportunity to see and would rather spend their lives not talking about. A week after finally throwing in the towel on my hospital tenure and moving on to a similar work outside the hospital was something I will also never forget. I woke up on a Saturday and was hit with such an onslaught of emotion. I didn't see it coming. Bottom line I began weeping and crying uncontrollably for nearly a day. So much so I had no tears by the end of it and tears had stopped flowing altogether...I was simply out. It began to hurt physically. I had not realized the stress that those conditions of that environment had placed upon me. Watching a mother have to make the decision if she was going to allow her 10yr old's daughter to be used for organ donation when she had just put her to bed the day before seemingly happy and healthy with nothing more than a severe head-ache.

All that to say this - I HATE SIN. I hate the breakdown our bodies suffer and all that we must go through physically as result of sin. Families torn apart from death. Emotional and physical loss of those who remain and lost them. I truly understand why we see nothing but pure emotion while at Lazarus' funeral "Jesus wept." This is also why the victory triumph of Jesus over death is one that resides at the pinnacle of celebration. I believe that when this realization is made by those who overcame will be cause for a celebration and joy that will be unspeakable!

Shalom, WS

"Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness! You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness." Habakkuk 2:15
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:33 pm

No wonder, WS, that you are so sensitive to the subtleties of meanings.
Back to top Go down
rabbievil

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:31 pm

i have many of your symptoms but dont have aspies.i have always been antisocial,hermit and feel like i always stand out like a seperation from everyone else.i hope that my condition is from being close to the Lord being called out from the world.i have depression and take medication for it.i dont like church because i dont like the music and all the other junk filled in.i want hear the word and by the time the singing and announcements are done, i get 5 minutes of God loves you.plus the book of revelations and prophicey are big no no's and usually have a better understanding of the word then they want to preach.if i go i wan to hear about sin,spiritual warfare and how to prepare for the things coming.i dont need to hear God loves me i already know that and most preachers are trying to put butts in the seats.i dont need church to read his word
Back to top Go down
nimbus

nimbus

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Hiscity, thank you for your courage in sharing with us! I too share *some* of these traits, and have decided to use this to my advantage. If ever you find yourself in a socially awkward or uncomfortable situation, you can perhaps put other ppl at ease by sharing that you have a touch of aspergers. Not with everyone of course, just when it may seem appropriate.

I also can't deal with noisy services. Many ppl think there is something wrong with that, but I don't. I love the very contemplative, quiet services. Beautiful Gregorian chanting or other songs from the middle ages in the background is ok too.

Keep looking, and pray that God will lead you to something that is right just for you.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:10 pm

@Rose re: Corrie Ten Boom in her latter years.

Corrie lived to 95. I think her time in the concentration camps was about 40 years earlier. She traveled extensively as an evangelist and to tell her testimony of living through the nazi concentration camps, where she lost family. She held Bible studies in the camps, which is inspiring. (Y'all may have read the book or seen the movie "The Hiding Place.")

The book "The Five Silent Years" covers her last years going through a series of strokes that took speech from her. Many would still come visit from around the world, and during those times I believe she was able to return to something she'd learned before the holocaust - in ministry. That she could communicate with them spiritually. That's been a wonderful realization. The book though closes on a lesson learned about those that prayed for her to be healed & restored, those last several years. I'll leave that to the reader to discover.

@Dove re: Tante Corrie before her holocaust years.

Corrie's family had a watch repair shop. She wrote little books about those times, such as "Plenty for Everyone." Her ministry back then was to the developmentally disabled. In the vernacular of the day, I believe they called some of them "mongoloid" where we would say autistic today. She learned to witness Christ to them in a way they could grasp. And she learned to address them through the Holy Ghost to connect when other ways weren't available. Pretty awesome!

And that's part of why I'm so acutely aware of our having a physical and spiritual body. Others stick to a doctrine of being in a state of sleep at death, supposedly for the saved. I think that only applies to our physical bodies, like an interface that's dormant, which is how I understand "the dead in Christ." God is not the god of the dead but of the living. A topic for another thread....

@Rose, Russ Dizdar has covered his thoughts on how our spiritual body meshes with our physical body at the DNA level like energy in coils resonates.... I look forward to hearing his most recent Chicago conference sessions on DNA and glorification.

We are much more than we know. "We do not yet know what we shall be, but we will be like Christ when He comes."

@Warrior Shepard

"Back in the day," as a Biomed Tech, I'd spend a month in each of several sections of the hospitals, checking, repairing and calibrating equipment, on a six month cycle. Some months in OR, some in Lab, Respiratory Therapy, ER, Radiology, ICU, NICU, burn units, cancer wards, clinics, Home Health, Dialysis, Nursing floors... And of course, I'd pray. And sometimes witness. Some hospitals had wonderful chapels. And I learned to make rounds to see where the most urgent needs were (for the tech work) and to get folks used to waiting for the little things till I'd come around to fix them.

One of things that used to make me nutz is checking the chemo pumps, (for delivery rate, batteries, wear, electrical safety). I'd get a rash on my arms just handling them. And I understand what chemo is for -- but mainlining poison just seems absolutely crazy to me. Radiation therapy and linear accelerators make sense... Not chemo. I think it's just a quick way to die. Granted many survive. These days, I wonder if it's overdiagnosed because of suits and insurance?

I hate that they drug terminal patients during their last months (or used to) with self administered morphine and heavy psych meds that cause them to be detached from reality. I'm thinking in particular of a man in his 30's that we prayed with on a routine basis for a year, who had pancreatic cancer. He had a shunt to drain fluid from his abdomen, which would swell. So it was very painful. But I got really jealous that I could no longer reach him with prayer during the last few months of his life due to the meds.

Multiply that by all the people that go through hospitals in even just one years time and yes, I know you have stories.

I'd push the limit on witnessing, but it just doesn't make sense to do and get the work done that needs done for proper care, so I'd pick my times. I remember the stark fear in a man's eyes who was so severely bloated and propped up in an open bed at the front of ICU, and I think he knew he only had hours. I'd hoped to come back to him later after work... but he had died already. That's one of those things that's a bit much to deal with if you think that things depend on you instead of a team effort with Christ and the rest of the beloved.

@rabbievil

I have to do a tigger parsing your name... r-abbie-vil, rabbi-evil, r-abbievil
(I really can't help myself. Words are fun to wrestle with!)

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies TiggerONrabbitT

Yes, yes, yes... more meat less treat!! You know about Russ Dizdar?? He has and Occult Crimes course going on monday nights. His website is http://www.shatterthedarkness.net which is definitely high octane industrial strength. Definitely too much for new believers, though he quickly takes folks through Armor and such and is great about evangelizing. Actually he needs a separate sight for his classes (usually 4 or 5 pod casts during a week) such as on the Book of Acts.

Now about this name.... yuck no way that can be rabbi-evil !?!

One thing that really really helped my SAD depression is Vitamin D. Another is early morning intense light.

@Nimbus

I've always wanted to ask if you know about the Biblewheel website?

http://www.biblewheel.com/Art/Art_Wheel.php

What I'm hearing is that many who have responded share some of the symptoms, which makes me wonder even more about a spectrum of conditions....

You know, I'm just trying to connect with folks that have similar "issues." For me it's a relief, because now I understand that this range of symptoms overlaps a recognized condition that includes something like "color blindness but to social cues." That means I'm like oriental language speakers trying to distinguish between "L's" and "R's" or spanish language speakers not distinguishing between "V's" and "B's." Or someone who's tone deaf.... but with aspies it's some finer distinction in social signals that they don't get.

And with my troubleshooting bent -- that's something I can sink my teeth in. The idea perhaps more than trying to learn "emotional intelligence" is finding some other sensory mode that does cue on the fine differences of social cues and learning to detect them. It's an interesting "recognition" problem. And makes me think of a youtube I've seen where they taught a sea lion to keep time with musical beats. (They claimed that was a first with mammals as compared to birds). They haven't seen the dog videos on youtube where dogs do the same.

You're probably thinking, "How'd we get on this rabbit trail?" (are there evil rabbits down this rabbit hole... what about mad hatters... or lions and tiggers and bears... I'll spare y'all a foray into secular pagan holidays about rabbits and lunatics)

Anyway... I may not be able to detect emotional differences in others that animals can. (... brings to mind pirates and parrots, me being navy and sea farin' for a number of years...) Sorry! When I see a interesting rabbit traill ... it's just too tempting.

Yes, I've tried the experiment of letting folks know I was a bit aspie up in a week long course recently. The attendees were all Type A folks definitively. Most didn't know what aspie means. One gent though at the end of some of our team work (front of the class presentations) said, "I knew you'd be trouble." I think (hope, prefer to assume) he was kidding. I did let myself be less restrained about quirks, such as straightening the classroom at the end the last day of the course. A bit compulsive perhaps, but where it was hosted had folks that are like family to me.

Too much, me, me, me. I'm going to hide for a while I think and focus on y'all, y'all, y'all.

@Dove re: Your daughter and your learning to lean on Jesus...

I'm interested! I've found your counsel wonderful!! flower It helps to have the reflection of Christ off the life of another one of His Beloved. Like reading about Corrie's stories and how she got through such horrors. So I reckon there's a time and place for us to be more transparent.

@Y'shua

My Abba! I'm so grateful for the seasons and times of release when the burdens are lifted and lightness tugs and teases at our new wings to take flight and soar. I'm not sure I want to identify with being a caterpillar ever. But I'm ok with the process more now. And as Dove is telling me, I just need to lean in more, under your wings. angel bounce

Sharing our lives is part of what You said do -- I see. "By the Word of our Testimonies, by Your shed blood (taking the hard knocks for us we couldn't bear), and loving not our lives until death (... thinking about parachute jumps and first flights out of the nest)." That's all about overcoming.

I welcome Your corrections. (... which takes my breath at the prospect). I get it. Just keep my eyes on You! Because You more than grasp every nuance in others, and can and will convey that through Your Spirit. Yes!!!

Thanks and hugs... Hallelu-Yah!!!

@all
happy dance

Awesome feedback and sharing. And clear confirmation of your prayers....
Wow!!!
Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies Dreaming-penguin-smiley-emoticon

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm

"mongoloid" was/is downs syndrome...way back in dem dere days!
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:45 am

Thanks Yaddy!

I stand corrected. In fact, Down's Syndrome has a very different set of symptoms. And has a clear genetic basis. Interesting comparison here:

http://www.down-syndrome.org/updates/341/

Non-typical definitely. But the overlap of symptoms is definitely divergent.

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies Waving-penguin-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 am

Hard, harsh truths of the realities of a 'fallen world', Warrior Shepherd.
And so hard to have to deal with it on 'it's' terms; at 'it's level', as you
and all of us have HAD TO do often in this life.
I hate it and resent it, too.

This world turns on negativity. And so often 'people' don't seem to 'turn' to
find the 'Better Way" in Christ until their pain and suffering becomes
more than they can bear. [I do not mean your wife, or the rest of us. All I know to do when these things happen to us is Trust God even while I don't understand it at all]
In a horrible way, even suffering has it's purpose towards the 'world'.
And so, we suffer with them who don't know Him. But not like them...not like one with no hope, no answers, no understanding. We have a Comforter,
and the More Sure Word that He is with us Always.

Regarding all those people who nobody got to in time....
we maybe underestimate the power of the prayer of a Righteous man.
The 'way of this world' is in 'doing'. "Doing' is physical. BEING is not.
God is of 'being'. "...live and move and HAVE OUR BEING in Him."
God isn't at all constrained by physicality. He's only constrained
by limited access into the world to affect HIS WILL in it.
HIS WILL is the Garden and the Tree of [eternal] Life.

So, even if I can't get to them, The Holy Spirit can.
I often don't esteem prayer enough. And I get 'hung up' in my praying. So, put a big "Dur" on my forehead.
That's just attention to 'self'.
Does He not read my heart, my true intentions, and 'fix' the words of my
prayers? Yes, Bible says.
And it is wisdom to pray the Word of God back to Him, because it IS
His Will stated there, written out for us. And the Word provides an answer for every one of satan's threats against God and against the Will of God for
us.

Hiscity, I'm amazed~kind of incredulous that there is yet another course!
This one on hedges?

GOD made the 'hedges', and revealed their substance to us in His Word. All I have to do is be smart enough to stay inside them. And that's not rocket science. Step outside~get bashed~run back inside. And...stay there.
Can I have the course fee now, please? Laughing JK. I'm sure he's not
charging. [and maybe it's the same single course.]
~~~~
I have one big concern here as I watch the watchers. And if there is any
guilt in it, I am guilty.
But I can't get around, can't quite sincerely justify, our business with that other tree.
The KNOWLEDGE of good AND evil.
And, that's exactly where I'm at! angel/dev

Am I so Holy, so God-like that I dare claim it is safe for me to eat of it's
fruit? That fruit is anathema to God.
INSTEAD, He has given us to partake of the Fruit of the Spirit.

So, I am forced to run back and forth from one tree to the other.
That doesn't seem to be something God intended.
And heaven forbid when He comes for us, I'm halfway between the trees!

Should it be any wonder to us that we have no Power flowing through us?

I look forward to points of view on this. Is it just me being quirky?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:57 am

angel bounce

Last edited by rose from kentucky on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am

Dove wrote:
Quote :
I have one big concern here as I watch the watchers. And if there is any
guilt in it, I am guilty.
But I can't get around, can't quite sincerely justify, our business with that other tree.
The KNOWLEDGE of good AND evil.

This problem is clarified for me:

The bad knowledge: https://watchermeet-up.forumotion.com/t1133-the-honest-trifles-of-darknessthe-truth-about-evil-spirits

And the good knowledge: 1Ch 12:32 Of Issachar, men who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, 200 chiefs, and all their kinsmen under their command.
The men of Issachar were analysts of their times. Their scrutiny of current events had a purpose - to understand what was happening and what God said about it in order to know what to do.

I hope this helps (and if I've completely misunderstood you, I beg your pardon).
Back to top Go down
rabbievil

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Now about this name.... Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies 2040538120 no way that can be rabbi-evil !?! i was wondering when someone would ask.my father is a full blooded jew and my mother is a shixa(for the non-jewish crowd this is yitish for non jewish girl.i was at a christian rescue mission where i got saved(was not raised in the jewish faith),and when people picked up on that i was part jew,the nickname rabbi started.i used to wear a work shirt that said dr evil from austin powers movies.so you can see easily how i picked up the nickname.i still like to use it because helps remind me where i came from and without the Lord my ways are evil.it helps me stay humble.if makes anyone feel better about it,my mother named me mark after the bible.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:31 pm

So often, much of what 'we' as individuals are about can be misunderstood...Somewhere it is written "who can know the depths of a man's heart." It's why we are commanded to be slow to judge. If a man's heart be hardly understood then how much more the depth of our Father's. I think of the prophet who was commanded to run around naked for a time as an example to Israel of their coming judgement. Surely he was righteous in his obedience and the people condemned for their reaction of not listening or 'seeing' what it was that was being told them. Seemingly unrelated, but very much important to this is that as I have been studying the Tenach more closely than I have ever previously given time for, I have seen how important it is that each person be an individual that is joined to a whole. The definition is skewed by modern society to conform. The scripture does not want us to conform...to become a copy of a copy of a thousand like it. He created us each unique and as individuals. It is a slap in His face to become like anyone else of His creation, but to find out who we are in Him and to be built up into that in Him as He purposed us. I find people and their testimonies fascinating. I am in awe as I listen to the story of people's lives and what they have experienced.

To the point (Rose is in my head) - What we are about in our daily lives cannot easily judged by what is readily apparant on the outside and even at a snap-shot glance. A whole person and their lives past/present has to be considered. What is it that their life is saying. What is it that not only comes out of their mouth, but their actions. Knowing that a person who is being fully obedient to the Father and a command from Him can be misunderstood by a majority. Often a person who is being obedient to the Father is contrary first to themselves and everything they have known. You can almost see the question mark appear over every head of the saints in the scriptures...You can hear them say 'say what?......Come again?' It seems to me that those who are lifted up as being strong in faith in the scriptures were always going against the grain of the populace of their day. Yes, they will bump their heads. Yes, they will bruise their knees, but the end result of them has been the approval of the Father! So be obedient! Bump your heads, bruise your knees, but follow Him at all costs and sacrifice everything to that obedience. Your pride as you are questioned about why you are about what you are doing. Keep pressing on. If called to watch and speak about what you see then do it if you are being obedient in seeking the Father. Now that I am toward the end of this writing I have lost why I began, but I'm being obedient to what was on my heart after reading the previous posts on this thread so I pray it's speaking what my Father wanted to be heard. Shalom

"Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness! You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness." Habakkuk 2:15
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Warrior Shepard

My adult working career once was also, in the medical field. I worked as a Biomed tech servicing Dialysis Equipment, and RO systems. Disabaled now due to a very bad car crash. Thank God I'm still here. I now have alot of Physical and Mental problems due to my head injury now also. Working hard to get past all them. Heavy is the load I bare. Here to get the truth out as best I can.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Done wrote:
Warrior Shepard

My adult working career once was also, in the medical field. I worked as a Biomed tech servicing Dialysis Equipment, and RO systems. Disabaled now due to a very bad car crash. Thank God I'm still here. I now have alot of Physical and Mental problems due to my head injury now also. Working hard to get past all them. Heavy is the load I bare. Here to get the truth out as best I can.

That verse you now have quoted. What does that verse mean to you?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:58 pm

6 Brothers, even though a man takes some false step before he is aware of it, YOU who have spiritual qualifications try to readjust such a man in a spirit of mildness, as you each keep an eye on yourself, for fear you also may be tempted. 2
Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and thus fulfill the law of the Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind. 4 But let each one prove what his own work is, and then he will have cause for exultation in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person. 5 For each one will carry his own load

Luke 11:46

Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.

18 And Jehovah himself has informed me that I may know. At that time you caused me to see their dealings. 19 And I was like a male lamb, an intimate one, that is brought to slaughter, and I did not know that it was against me that they thought out schemes: "Let us bring to ruin the tree with its food, and let us cut him off from the land of the living ones, that his very name may no more be remembered." 20 But Jehovah of armies is judging with righteousness; he is examining the kidneys and the heart. O may I see your vengeance on them, for it is to you that I have revealed my case at law.

My son, if your heart has become wise, my heart will rejoice, even mine. 16 And my kidneys will exult when your lips speak uprightness.

9 Please, may the badness of wicked ones come to an end, And may you establish the righteous one; And God as righteous is testing out heart and kidneys

7 I shall bless Jehovah, who has given me advice. Really, during the nights my kidneys have corrected me.

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 pm

I take it that he means piss on the white wall in anger. sheep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 pm

I take it that he means piss on the white wall in anger. That wasn't what I was thinking of, but it was funny.Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies 503961166
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm

I guess? Those kidneys as well? I say no to their Peace Treaty!!!

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies 40857153
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

@ DONE and WS

decoded:

False prophets, divining false peace, from white towers, are like whitened sepulchres, but inwardly they're foxes sneaking through holes in the hedge, (which will ultimately fall), to spoil the fruit... (cp. Ezk. 8 )

ps. RO = "reverse osmosis," I worked on Althin, and checked a Drake or two. Gave one department head fits when I found green lichen growing where they had a tube stuffed in a drain that also tested as pseudomonas.

kidneys & heart = inward parts = spirit (like "from the heart")

Last edited by hiscity on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 pm

@rabbievil

No worries then. My other moniker is "nomemoleste" = "don't bug me"

Some folks freak when they see nome-moleste

This is what I call "drone shoot down." All blood suckers should be so lucky.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 pm

@Dove & Rose re: Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Cogent point about watchmen and signs of the times.

cp. "Wise as serpents, gentle as doves."

(I seem to be in terse mode tonite)

this is quirky ---> Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies Wacko

You weren't being quirky, Dove. (Philippians 4)

Last edited by hiscity on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Worked 8hrs. at the units during the day and another 6 to 8hrs. at night cleaning. Your not telling me anything I don't know there.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:11 am

hehe! (O nooo!) OCD much? re: whitewash

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/33-meticulous-cleaning-tricks-for-the-ocd-person-i

What do scrubbing bubbles, mr. clean, mr. T, and homer simpson have in common? (I almost wrote homer symptoms.)

Don't know but it looks like Warrior Shepard caught it too! sunny

The thing that was most disgusting as a biomed tech was replacing busted thermostats in old fecal culture incubators.... (I'll spare y'all the details)
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 am

Rose, I read it last night. I hadn't before [something about that picture!]

Quote :
For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. (Deut 18:10–12).
That was always my understanding. But then, as a direct result of some
of these endtimes teachings, I came to think I needed to be MORE EQUIPPED, MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE, TO DO MORE, to win the battle for another's deliverance and salvation.
I mean, the problem was there, it was evil, and if I was doing everything "Right", it wouldn't be so, the accuser said, and said, and said.

And I took the bait, came out of the hedge, and 'out there' I thought we were both going to die before he got set free.
Finally, thoroughly done in, exhausted and bloodied, I dragged myself back
to the hedge and lay at His Feet, and truly surrendered all of it into His Hand.
I'm not being poetic when I say I felt the rush of a Mighty Wind go out,
and starting that moment, and within days He accomplished all that I could not.
Where was I? Making sure I stayed on my face, and leaving it alone.
I got up [Spiritually speaking] to do the things in the physical that were coming up, arrangements and such. I said 'yes', fully "IN FAITH" to these
new things, without judging, or 'making determinations' about them.

On the one hand, I'd like to wade into these other ministries and check
what I believe are errors there. But, I can't.
But anytime we find ourselves thinking ~I~ we're headed for trouble.
"With God's help, "I"??? "I" will. No. It is Him and Him Alone.
We rest in Him [abiding in the Spirit and the Word]. He does the work.

I did learn a 'new thing' from it. Visions work both ways. Not only do we
receive, but we can initiate them. I was 'calling on Him', of course, to come
be where we were, but I was full of the problem in my face, and not sufficiently turned and 'set apart'.
I was desperate; I HAD TO 'go' and find Him. And then surrender me and all of the problem and the outcome to Him, and in His timing.

I looked for Him on the boat in the storm on Galilee.
My thinking was that we were in a storm, and like the disciples I was at the
point of panicking. But, we know what they didn't realize. So I had determined to 'wait on Him' there. Two days later we took another huge 'wave', and I went back 'in Spirit' to the boat, woke Him and asked.
That's when I felt the stirring and motion and wind rushing by.

I didn't get anything else from it. No Loving look, no assuring words,
no daughter 'this or that', no teaching, certainly no power came on me,
and I know the Power of the Anointing. And that comes only by complete
Surrender.
All I'm saying is sometimes we have to 'wade out into the deep' in
the Spirit. And that When I really came to HIM, the outcome was GOOD,
more than enough.

Crazy stuff? No. Just the Unseen Reality that the world knows nothing of.
But, I also don't think this is just 'my way' that the Lord has given,
and other people have other ways. The vision, okay.
But, surrendering all is Truth for all; we must 'lose our life to find
Life"~His Life, in us and our Life in Him.

Quote :
Satan is an expert liar and can appear as an angel of light (John 8:44, 2Cr 11:14).
Jesus and Satan are not equals. Jesus has all the power and authority of the universe and we can have authority over evil spirits in Jesus’ name (Luke 4:36, Luke 9:1; Phil 2:9–11). Satan is overcome by the blood of the Lamb (Rev 12:9–11).

It made me think of Ignatius Loyola and the beautiful snake he encountered.
Wow...could it be any more obvious? That man did NOT know his Bible
or he would have been busting out of that cave.
But no! He's a "Christian" Spiritual Leader, the very mold of the Head of the
Church of Rome! That's got to be the ultimate in crazy.

Quote :
"Messing with spiritual forces we don’t understand is dangerous and completely foolish...."
As is trying to understand them or about them. Anytime satan can get
us to look at him, acknowledge him, fight with him, think too highly
of him or what he can do, he's happy. Yes, know his ways...but
not face to face.
And there's yet another level. IF the Spirit is truly living out the Word in
us, He'll warn us ahead of time, and at His choosing, may walk us
'around it' or maybe through it...but that's a quick trip if He's doing it,
and we're not interfering.

JESUS SAVES, and Him Alone. In Him, there's nothing to fight. It is Finished. My job is to know that Truth, and see it and speak it, and walk in
it each day. Awesome Father, Mighty God! Halleluyah!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am

Dove, you write so beautifully. My prose is always plain and straight - your lily to my fence post.

I think I understand why you feel the way you do; it sounds like you've been burned pretty badly in the past. Many people have been burned, and few have had your good sense to throw themselves at the feet of the Savior and stay away from anything that smacks of satan.

This is how I look at anything concerning Lucifer, his compatriots and their offspring:

We have several medical technicians on this thread. Their duties required them to come into contact with lethal pathogens: viruses, bacteria, strains of matter that are very dangerous to living things. They also had to clean up dirt and messes to the standard of an instrument or machine being sterile. But, in order to do this properly, they had to learn, not only about the machine or instrument or area, but about the contaminant and the means of cleansing.

I see evil as a spiritual pathogen - demons act very much like viruses. People who "clean up" the messes and who can anticipate "outbreaks" are necessary for the health and welfare of society.

However, this isn't work for everyone. Not everyone has the skill, the aptitude, the attention to detail, nor the strength of immunity to handle this kind of work. This is where we must be very careful about judging others - because we all aren't in the same place nor have the same strengths and weaknesses.

It is important to note that those who do pay attention to what satan is doing (people like Russ Dizdar) aren't rolling around in it - just like those who clean up medical waste and messes aren't rolling around in that. They have protection and know how to use it.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:13 pm

I love fenceposts. thanks Clear markers, holding up straight and steady lines.

And you have a terrific way of looking at it.
It wouldn't be wrong to say that in all my efforts, all my 'getting',
I strive for the Fullness of the Authority of the Spirit of God over
all things, even in our practical day to day doing.
And it's just a striving, and some glimmers. I sure haven't arrived.

I would not protest so much if I felt that these 'teachings'
were anchored to "Not by Might, nor by Power, but by My
Holy Spirit, saith the Lord."
AND (a two-parter here) if we find it is in accordance with
New Testament teaching.

I'm still fighting the enemy, but in a different way.
That completely changes the battlefield, as I see it;
where both the Power and the Glory are His Alone.
AND, [another 2 parter] where the simple Truth of the Gospel
of Salvation IS THE Power through which God moves
on the spirit of a man and sets him free. The Cross.

So....Simplicity. If it cant be simple, then I start to look for
'the ideas of men's minds' in it, and that gives me concern.
Why deal with that at all?
It strikes me as being 'of the flesh' and the fallen world, and
even worse, of the underworld.
AH-HA! A double entendre. LIMBO: How LOW can you go... chuckle

And didn't Mom always say, "Just because you can doesn't mean
you should." " If your friend jumped off a bridge.... "
(tired = silly).

If what's being taught points only to the Spirit, the Word and the Cross, then I can drop my concerns.
If the teachings are given to us in the NT, then I missed them somehow,
but need to most definitely let it be.

My way is there. I've checked. Repeatedly. chuckle
~~~
You might think I love to talk. I can't stand it when I get wordy!
It does me in. lol. I need the little blue guy that keels over on
his face with a thud.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:56 pm

What should we do? What Y'shua said do. (as in the Gospels and Acts)
How should we? With Him, 'cause without Him we can do nothing.
Of course that means, By His Spirit. Not by power nor by might...
He ascended bodily, and sent His Spirit to us instead...

And how awesome are the wonders that come by His Spirit!
He ministers to us directly, and through us as helps.
He connects, heart to heart, His net cast into the earth.
He brings flowers & fruit, through us (He's the Vine, we the branches).

His grace is sufficient. When we are weak -- He is strong.
His seal is upon us. We are His dwelling place.
Where 2 or 3 gather in Him, we can sense His presence.
When we agree together in His will, all that remains is when.

So as with His disciples, at the end of the Gospels, He charges us.
To continue in His ministries. And you know them well.
They're there in Luke 4 and Isaiah 61.
Likewise expressed in Ephesian 6 and Isaiah 59. study

He repeats what's important. The more important, the more repeated.
In such a way that His Word is reflection, fractal, and holographic.
We are to put on Christ, to grow into full stature, to mature in Him.
We have access to His mind, His will, and His testimonies.

So He's given us memory aids that reflect His way.
Such as the Armor of God, which is clearly spiritual.
Which we need to wear at all times in this world.
It's our survival suit in enemy territory, rife with hidden toxins. Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies Hazmatrebel

The wonder is that each part is also part of Him.
By His Spirit -- we live, and breathe, and have our being.
He is our space suit, personal protection, and lifeline.
He's our hyperbaric chamber, blood pump, dialysis unit, & ventilator.

And He's the same today through us as He's always been.
Intent on doing the Father's will and loving others, even enemies.
As much as they'll let Him -- and as much as we'll let Him.
We regulate the flow. If we need more of Him, He's ready.

All we have to do is ask.

So what's He doing?

Preaching good news, rescuing, saving (by the foolishness of preaching)
Restoring our senses by His Word, (washing us to convey His light)
Healing the brokenhearted, through fellowship in Him, keeping peace
Delivering the captives, He is transcendent Truth setting us free
Shielding the bruised & abused, from all the fiery contagions of the enemy
Forgiving debts and sins, remitting them, and by service rebuilding
Giving full Witness, fair to all, including: reward, correction, and judgment

So it's never a matter of what we do on our own.
Organizations and names don't matter apart from His.
We can't trust each other, or even our hearts, much less the enemy.
We can trust His lovingkindess shared through His bride (and wife).

So it's never up to just one of us. I need found no new ministry.
Let everything be established by twos and threes...
In concert with the greater cloud of witnesses with Him.
Who have passed their testimony of Him to coming generations.

So no need for me to try to tell all of this...
He will work through those available and yielded...
"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer"
I speak these things touching the heart of the King.

And like Job, my words are ended.
Lest I turn from blue shirt spock to blue in the face
And add another chapter...
Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies 29

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies Psalm127

Rest well, my beloved, in Y'shua.

Last edited by hiscity on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 am

I'm printing that out, Hiscity, I want those words at the ready, always.
I am always so delightfully amazed and we are continually blessed by you.
You evidence Him so well, unquestionably from a spirit truly
conformed to His Image and Likeness.

You said, "I need found no new ministry." I know what you mean
by "new" ministry. It's all His Ministry.
But perhaps you're being called again . A ministry over a gathering,
in your hands, would be a blessed work to both saved and unsaved.
I certainly don't think there's a single thing lacking, anything 'more' you
need to get or learn. (this is why I tease on the workshops...you
don't need them.)
Is this the real thinking behind the first post? Has He put it on
you to step out, and you're wondering how, where?
I hope that this is so..,,It would be good for the world and good
for the Kingdom! You certainly can mentor others both in their
faith and in their service. cheers

I never have, and would not have, openly 'challenged' the methods of
these particular deliverance ministries, except that I thought you
yourself were questioning them.

And, as you and others have said here, there is a 'reason', a cause
[born of the fallen world, presently under satan's rule],
that gives entrance to satanic spirits.

He has taught me to come to know Him through 'healing'. And so
this is how I interpret all deliverance.
That Restoration to The Holy Presence brings wholeness, and drives out all influence and activity of darkness.

I don't know of 'many ways'. To me, it's all the same thing,
the same threats, the same enemy, and ALL defeated one
single way~GOD does it. Period.
This is what I understand of discipleship, as I study them.
Is this what they call the five-fold ministry~one who operates
in all gifts and callings?
I DO NOT. Please don't think I'm saying I do.

Actually, I don't 'operate' in anything.
But, any time that any 'good thing' manifested, any prayer was
answered, anyone saved, healed, delivered, He did it.
I was allowed to witness it.
I didn't do 'it' with His Help. He didn't do it with my help.
All I did was die. THEN...HE.
That's really all I know about anything at all. I love you

Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:24 pm

hiscity

I was a pediatric nurse for 20 years. Most of the time I worked at a hospital (gen med/surg but I was per diem so floated all over, PICU,NICU,ONC OICU). I also worked as a school nurse at a school for the severly to profoundly disabled (2yrs). I sat in on all the IEP meetings with the families, teachers, and principal. I thought the principal always gave out sound advice and she said this... If medication would make the student a more procutive member of society then the family should consider it. Even disabled kids want to earn money and do something important with their lives. Sometimes meds are the way to go to help them maintain a job and friendships.

If by getting diagnosed with aspberger's and trying some medication would make you more productive, then by all means please get help. BUT you sound well adjusted. You sound like you've figured out your quirks and have been a very productive person.

My kid's pediatrician once told me that we all have quirks in our wiring (had some concern on what I was seeing in my daughter). The question then becomes does these differences keep you from enjoying your life? From maintaining a job? being productive? Sometimes all it takes for us to figure things out is to become aware of it and find out what works for us. It sounds like you have done just that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:41 pm

It's so nice to see all of you who help others.Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies 2046301419Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies 2936454605
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Proskuneo,

Certainly anyone who's mostly independent needs to work out life on their own. Kinda like exercise, we need to do it for ourselves.

I've grown old enough to realize that losing some abilities and control is just part of aging. So my physical and emotional "quirks" are more transparent these days.

Meds come with a lot of baggage (side effects). So I use them sparingly and occasionally instead of chronically. That said, I have access to prayer to calm me down, deal with worry, and deal with anger. And ear plugs to deal with noise. And the hope of augmenting my absence of social skills with Holy Spirit enabled alternatives....

It's funny, something like the screeching noise or droning that an auditorium sound system makes... when I'm acutely focused on others -- that helps break the self consciousness, blushing, shaking, and such that likely result from adrenaline. And of course staying away from caffeine and chocolate and not using alcohol like a sedative.

My most recent attempt to use meds kinda illustrates the problem with side effects. I found valerian root in tablet form would dampen my "feedback" problems considerably. I'd cut the tabs up for smaller dosages. But I also noticed that it's more hazardous to drive, since I'd be less attentive, on even low doses. As a tea, it's pretty noxious.

Just to give some feedback of how often I thought I had a really critical issue that I had to work through, I used up a prescription of 10 tabs of xanax cut in half (about 15 times) over 2 years. Only needing 5 tabs of xanax a year (5 really stressing events) would likely seem like a dream life to many. Most folks would probably have had a shot or two of alcohol instead. I really need to stay away from alcohol.

I'll swear by Vitamin D though! Awesome difference to find that I don't have to suffer through winter SAD (like I had for 30 plus years before that). I take daily doses in gummy and multi-vitamin form. Diet and exercise certainly help!

Weighing everything out, what's helped the most is prayer. I just turn and give a lot of stuff straight to my Heavenly Father that I can't deal with. I probably do that from 5 to dozens of times a day. cheers

Left to my own devices, If I could just flip a switch to turn the blushing and shaking off, I would. And go from being spock to mr. data. Are we making ourselves more or less human with ADHD meds and such? I don't know if it's from a minor stroke or from just getting old... but I really like not being able to smell things like I used to.

So much that I mostly can't smell "burning rubber" when the belts went bad and caused smoke to come out of the vents at work. Nor can I smell the odors or sprays that co-workers use to mask bathroom smells. Nor can I smell the awful perfumes and colognes that some use. Nor am I tempted any more by cooking smells. Of course, that also likely means I can't tell when food goes bad, something in the house smells, etc. So there's a real give and take. (I'm really happy to no longer be assaulted by smells.) UP

So maybe -- being quirky -- is ok.

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 am

Amen. Be Still and Know God. I love you
We listen for and become sensitive to the 'still, small Voice'.
In Peace, we follow Him, to the still waters for the nurturing of
our souls, and for the Light that Overcomes all darkness.

When we are fearless in our pursuit of the Way Maker, refusing to
settle for anything less, letting go of any and every thing that does
not reflect the Character and Nature of God that we have come to
know through Jesus, by the Spirit and Word, we find the Gates
are already opened to us, and the Invitation is to Come; Enter In,
Dine, Partake, Rejoice, and Find Rest in the Finished Work.

God has given us a New Way, even while we are yet in the world.
When we were of the world, we labored.
But we have been born again into a New Life and a Better
Way in Him, as God has ordained through Christ Jesus.

Now He is the Head, to do the Work of the Father in us
and in the world, and to accomplish all that we cannot.

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corin.12]

16 Nevertheless when it [our hearts] shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, (we) are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corin.3

It does not come naturally to us, being blinded to it by the fallen world.
When we hear the Word, We must choose it, and choose to turn from the world and follow Him.

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Temple Grandin "My Experience with Autism" UCTV
(jump ahead to 5 minutes...)

Wow! Touches on everything 'bout folks "on the spectrum."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies   Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overcoming for Non-typicals like Aspies
Page 1 of 1