Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them? Empty
PostSubject: Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them?   Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:33 am

http://sectionhiker.com/winter-survival-fire-lighting-skills-why-dont-we-teach-them/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld3e01dP7CA
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them?   Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 3:23 pm

BIG FAT SHEEPLE STORY AHEAD - - - WARNING!!!

Why don't we teach them?

I have a friend who is really REALLY asleep. You probably know someone just like him. He just can't wrap his little pointy head around WHY anyone in this day and age would be interested in anything old fashioned. When I try to tell him about something as obsolete as my learning to start a fire with a magnifying glass (sunny day only) or using char cloth as tender (that I made myself) with a flint and steel (Ebay purchase) he just glazes over and says something like" WHY! I get the same reaction with anything not modern. "WHY do you want to work on old vacuum tube radios!"? Why this and why that ? ? ?

"You're just wasting your time on that old obsolete sh** and besides" (the part that personally hurts) "WHO CARES!"?

He's in his 70's now. We've know one another almost 36 years. Not one iota about anything has sunk into his thick skull.

Now ask yourselves how many people that you know that are just like my friend and you have your answer.

BTW, I have two of these from this store, Vern's Flint and Steel, and they work great! Get one if you don't already have one. I love mine. And yeah, it's just as easy as the video below shows. First time out, a couple of strikes, and I had fire.

Vern's Flint and Steel wrote:
Flint and Steel Fire Starter Set with Hinged Tin, C-Shaped Firesteel and Tinder

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flint-and-Steel-Fire-Starter-Set-with-Hinged-Tin-C-Shaped-Firesteel-and-Tinder-/301441507072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item462f505f00

Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them? $T2eC16hHJH8E9qSEYOqUBRQU845JYg~~60_12

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them?   Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Don't forget a hatchet or big knife!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them?   Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Survival Fire Lighting Skills – Why Don’t We Teach Them?
Page 1 of 1