Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue Empty
PostSubject: Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue   Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue

By News.com.au
January 17, 2014 | 6:47pm

Modal Trigger

Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue Epaselect_brazil_weather_rain_87303069
Lightning strikes the right hand of the statue Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on January 16, 2014.Photo: EPA

Lightning has broken a finger off the right hand of Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.

Father Omar, rector of the shrine that holds the statue, told the Globo radio station that lightning frequently strikes the nearly 100-foot tall statue, a symbol of Rio that overlooks the Brazilian city from the peak of the Corcovado mountain.

Its right hand had been damaged sometime ago, but the finger finally broke off in a storm late Thursday.

Modal TriggerLightning breaks finger off Christ statue 526004571_87134003

Lightning flashes over the Christ the Redeemer statue on top of Corcovado Hill in Rio de Janeiro.Photo: Getty Images

“They say lightning does not strike the same spot twice. But with the Christ it does,” the priest said on Friday.

A lightning rod and other equipment are in place “to protect the image,” but they do not always do the trick, he said.

Father Omar noted that people who work at the site are usually warned in advance by city officials about electrical storms so they can ensure the safety of the thousands of visitors at the site on top of Corcovado mountain.

“I have already endured the situation of being at the Christ at a time of rain and a lot of lightning, and it is scary. But we have a plan to quickly take all visitors away from there,” the priest said.

The statue is set to be refurbished next month, so this and other damage are set to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Intruth

Intruth

PostSubject: Re: Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue   Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 am

3 month warning to FirstFruits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Christ The Redeemer Statue "Beheld Satan As Lighting"   Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Christ The Redeemer Statue "Beheld Satan As Lighting"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: "Miracle Cross Still Standing After Engulfed In Wildfire"   Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:27 am

"Miracle Cross Still Standing After Engulfed In Wildfire"

On top of Azusa Mountain after a raging forest fire destroyed 1,700 acres and 6 homes the "Cross" survived....

http://www.paulbegleyprophecy.com also http://www.cbn.com

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue   Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lightning breaks finger off Christ statue
Page 1 of 1