Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

“Healed from Decapitation” can this be true?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

“Healed from Decapitation” can this be true? Empty
PostSubject: “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true?   “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:57 am

Published about 18 hours ago by Cris Putnam

This story will challenge your worldview… can you even allow for a minimal probability that it is true?

(stories like it go back to the 1st century)

Tertullian preserved the story that John emerged unscathed from immersion in boiling oil (On the prescription of heretics ch 36):

Quote :
.How happy is its church, on which apostles poured forth all their doctrine along with their blood! where Peter endures a passion like his Lord’s! where Paul wins his crown in a death like John’s where the Apostle John was first plunged, unhurt, into boiling oil, and thence remitted to his island-exile! [1]

If we really have a Supernatural Worldview this should not seem too far fetched to believe While I cannot speak to the veracity either the ancient or modern case, There are enough of them (seeMiracles by Keener) that by the overall weight of the evidence I believe miracles like the above do happen, especially on the majority world mission field. Unless I have reason to suspect, I strive to keep my default position as belief.

[1] Tertullian, “The Prescription Against Heretics,” in Latin Christianity: Its Founder, Tertullian, ed. Alexander Roberts, James Donaldson, and A. Cleveland Coxe, trans. Peter Holmes, vol. 3, The Ante-Nicene Fathers (Buffalo, NY: Christian Literature Company, 1885), 260.
Back to top Go down
Intruth

Intruth

PostSubject: Re: “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true?   “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Radical Muslims believe that in the act of decapitation, that their heart will be healed.
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/09/12/beheading-infidels-how-allah-heals-the-hearts-of-believers/
With this testimony, God turns the tables on them.
 Thanks for posting the video.
Back to top Go down
Intruth

Intruth

PostSubject: Re: “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true?   “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Did the preacher have any documentation that this was a true story?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true?   “Healed from Decapitation” can this be true? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1