Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay Empty
PostSubject: Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay   Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 10:30 am

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay Sea-Peoples-of-the-Levant
24 JANUARY, 2015 - 11:42 WILLIAM JAMES VEALL
Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay

This article adds a new dimension to the age old conundrum, was Christopher Columbus, or was he not, actually the first to set foot in the Americas? A Movement currently actioning much debate in the United States is seeking to deny that Columbus ever fully reached America and is attempting to esponge Columbus' 'false' claim completely from the historical record.

Using the Google Earth remote sensing satellite, I captured a mass of inscriptions carved into the surface of a 4700 metre long, white crystalline rock formation running along the Southern Atlantic coastline of Uruguay, South America. I then set out to determine if the style of the inscriptive material could reveal who were most likely to have made the petroglyphs and, hopefully, be able to extract some form of time frame.

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay Satellite-coastline-of-Uruguay

Figure 1: One of the satellite photographs clearly showing the vast amount of inscriptive material discovered by Archaeoastronomer, William James Veall, on the South Atlantic coastline of Uruguay, South America. (Copyright William J Veall 2014)

Visual examination of the multiplicity of symbols depicted in the satellite photographs suggested a rock engraving technique very similar to proto-Sinaitic whereby a series of 'pecked' holes are conjoined by a thin trace to create each separate character. Current Epigraphers suggest that Proto-Sinaitic was 'invented' around 1850 BC to replace the unwieldy ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic -hieratic 'combo' system of writing.

Proto-Sinaitic led to the development of the Phoenician alphabet and its variants, many characters from which are clearly visible within the Uruguayan petroglyphs. Based upon this hypothesis, the characters would be dated from 1850 BC to 1100 BC. After this date (1100 BC) came the fully developed, 22 character, Phoenician 'international' writing system subsequently used by all West Semitic languages. I observed that many of the 'new international' characters do not appear among the petroglyphs suggesting movement away from this particular coastline 'port of call' some time after 1100 BC.

Alternatively, there may have been a pseudo-Sinaitic/ Phoenician form of 'writing' overlapping the newer Phoenician alphabet and thus the hypothesised 'very earliest first visitation' date of 1850 BC could be adjusted even as far down the line as 1500BC. Whatever time frame Epigraphers eventually agree upon, it will still be well over 3000 years ago, long before the birth of Christopher Columbus in AD 1451.

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay Set-of-petroglyphs-Uruguay-coastline.

Figure 2: A second satellite photograph clearly showing another set of petroglyphs discovered along the Uruguay coastline. (Copyright William J Veall 2014)

Proto-Sinaitic has, allegedly, been found in Brazil at Itacoatiara, near Manaus, and at Curraes Velhos, Rio Grande do Norte State.  A tablet with very similar proto-Sinaitic characters was found at the Deir-Alla excavations in Jordan, thus reinforcing and supporting a Trans-Oceanic Mediterranean - South American connection. (Mattievich,E. "Journey to the Mythological Inferno". Rogem Press, Denver. 2010. Chap IV, Page 93).

In the centre of Fig. 1 photograph is an inscription 'printed' in heavier black symbols; these hieratic characters, (pre- 1850 BC) are direct descendants of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs and which became precursors of the proto-Sinaitic writing system.

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay Hieratic-inscription-rock

Figure 3: The hieratic inscription engraved into an outcrop of the Uruguayan rock formation. (Copyright WJV 2014)

I believe the character 'spread' tells us that Trans-Oceanic visitations almost certainly occurred between the Levant and Uruguay across an active time-line of some 800 years, well over 3000 years ago - which also effectively rules out Christopher Columbus ( AD 1451- 1506) being the first to 'discover' the Americas.

I have informed the Uruguayan Ministry of Education and Culture about this ground-breaking 'discovery'. The Ministry subsequently replied that they had no knowledge of such sites and most probably the location was incorrect. A sketch map with the satellite co-ordinates has been sent to the Ministry confirming the Uruguyan location is correct. A reply is still awaited.

However, of greater urgency, the satellite imagery also confirms a rapid deterioration of the coastline archaeological sites due to residential intrusion and heavy tourist erosion.

As a consequence, much of Uruguay's vital littoral pre-history may have been lost.

And more to come, if some form of protection and preservation is not put in place.

To deny the chance of making any form of transliteration - be it only a name, a place, a date - is to wipe out the opportunity of discovering whom really was, perhaps, the very first to set foot in the Americas and secure their place firmly in history books.

In this respect, I would like to contact any Epigraphers experienced in West Semitic alphabets and whom may wish to comment on this unique 'discovery' and, if possible, be able to offer a preliminary transliteration of some of the inscriptive material.

Featured image: Sea Peoples of the Levant (Wikimedia Commons)

By William James Veall (www.williamjamesveall.com)

- See more at: http://www.ancient-origins.net/history/sea-farers-levant-first-set-foot-americas-proto-sinaitic-inscriptions-020178#sthash.2vlXePEs.dpuf
Back to top Go down
sixminks

sixminks

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay   Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

I am drawn to Uraguay. I would like Mike Heiser to look into this.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay   Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Y'all, I just finished reading "Axis of the World: The Search for the Oldest American Civilization" by Igor Witkowski. It makes a dynamite case for the Americas being settled way WAY back in time with folks traveling the Pacific Ocean and island hopping from Euro/Asia to South America, and then moving slowly north. This book is inexpensive and well worthy of a place in your library. It leaves much room for making a good case for some colonizers to migrate from the Levant (Semitic peoples). I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.

Y'all get this book! Oh, lots of cool photos AND 16 full color pages of pictures that will blow you away. Available in both paperback (I have) and Kindle (I also have). If you buy the paperback you can get the Kindle version for only $1.99 so I went for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Axis-World-Search-American-Civilization/dp/1931882819/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay 51EdwzDFy9L
Back to top Go down
Intruth

Intruth

PostSubject: Re: Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay   Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:27 pm

LOL , The release date of this book was 9/11/13 according to my Kindle app.
 Looks good, Thanks
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay   Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Intruth wrote:
LOL , The release date of this book was 9/11/13 according to my Kindle app.
 Looks good, Thanks

I think you'll enjoy the book. That 2013 date was the ebook Kindle release date. My paperback has 2008 as the original date. I wish that Amazon wouldn't mess with the dates like that. It's been a bug-a-boo issue with me and plenty of other Kindle readers.
Back to top Go down
Intruth

Intruth

PostSubject: Re: Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay   Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:58 pm

Thats what I thought, Its just the date that struck me as odd.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay   Sea-Farers from the Levant the first to set foot in the Americas: proto-Sinaitic inscriptions found along the coast of Uruguay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1