Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. Empty
PostSubject: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 12:45 pm

http://postimg.org/iwoodstrekr

Just click on 1st Image to see, new:
Base camp stove : fits 9" pan/pot or full size coffee pot.
Wood or Charcoals, ready-stuffed with matches, wood/sticks, starts up with 3 oak leaves & 2-3 small pine sticks.

Solo stove : Stainless back pack 4.8" dia stove which stuffs into 32oz pot.
Ready-stuffed with Starbucks coffee tubes and flat Oatmeal packs and matches.

Cabelas : Rifle/Bow Pack which matches both my wife's parka and my new Bow Hunters Parka, insulated & rain proof of same camouflage for my area. 

New pictures quality from Toshiba Encore 2 tablet 5mega pixel camera &Win 8.1 which stores PDF doc's etc.

Hope something gives you an idea or??
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Nice! I love the stove! It's a lot better than the one I made with a catfood can. lol!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Your grass is so green! butterfly I love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Grass is not so nice now, the between Chem Spray and starving Deer eating there is not much left but moss we never had a few years back. Garden is not there due to the water issues ... chloramine ..., wife wanted a grow box for winter and we put carrots and such in it and on timed water though Dave said "they will grow stunted"... and we got stunted carrots about 3/8 dia and 1 1/2" long... she thought I was kidding?
I tilled the dirt but haven't done anything as we haven't bought the hose filter yet.
Back to top Go down
Atlantic

Atlantic

PostSubject: Re: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Spring, what kind of bait would you recommend for an Emmrod? I'm aiming for river trout, do you think that makes sense?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Atlantic...   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi, recommend looking along the banks for grubs grass hoppers and other bugs for live, see what they want.
Eggs will last a while.
I usually use a longer 4 pc rod with roostertails 1/16 to 1/8 oz.

I've purchased this rod because of length specifically for the backpack since it takes down to 13" and the small zebco 33 reel (discontinued).

For hook size with bait....
#10 - 12 for streams.
#10 bait holder.

I just bought 100, two pks of 50, one per backpack.

You can also check the net for recommendations and hook size... many forums etc, probably a lot on youtube also.

I even use lures successfully on lakes, I'm a Wash. transplant and grew up using Super Duper and Roostertail's on rivers and streams... best fishing experience for me @ 15 was a fight with a Salmon on 8lb test line, spent 30+ minutes trying to get it in with out breaking line... uncle 3 feet away with net after hike back to the car for it... then the line broke. Best fish fight ever.

Did you get one of these emmrod's? Mine is for stream, lots of coils for light fish.

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Atlantic

Atlantic

PostSubject: Re: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm

I was planning on getting an Emmrod a few months ago but I never bought it. Great, I was wondering what the coils were for on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Yes the coils are more of them for small fish.. less weight, they make it more flexible.
Fewer coils for the heavy fish, stiffer rod.

Have not tried it fishing yet.. but seems about right for trout.

Amazon has these with a Shakespeare reel @ 25 dollars cheaper than manufacturer web page for just rod, just pick color & coil.. 8 for rout, forget the weight but you can check emmrod site.

Hope that helps any one thinking about one. I gave the larger reel to son in law and ordered the one of the last zebco 33's for smallest possible for packing.
Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.   Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ahhh, my sort of newest camp items.
Page 1 of 1