Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smokey, my. best bud just died.

Go down 
+6
Jrcole
Proskuneo
Delfi
Elizabeth345
Yaddy
researcher
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Smokey, my. best bud just died. Empty
PostSubject: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:42 pm

Smokey,
I lost my much loved best Pal just 20 minutes ago in the Vet's office.
My watch dog, and Buddy of 9 yrs.
He was with me 24/7, in my shop and home.
I will miss him so much! I already do!

River water parasite, just three days of being sick, river water..

Smokey was my avatar on the old forums
I trained Smokey in many ways, silent hand signals and much more including how to
play carefully with the grand children.

He loved everyone!
As we did him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:59 pm

You will be reunited some day Spring..... Hang in there....
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:02 pm

I had my boy in the vet today too. Fortunately I got to bring him back home with me. Our dogs become our loyal and faithful friends and are truly part of the family. It's like losing a beloved friend when their time comes to leave us. I know all to well what you are feeling.

BTW - nothing against cats. Love 'em too and have had 5 of 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 9:54 pm

i'm so sorry to hear that Spring! Such a grievous thing to lose your best and faithful friend. God be with you and keep you.

The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart, devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. - Isaiah 57:1
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 1:53 am

Oh, spring, so sorry to hear that......I know how close w can get to our pets.....so sorry!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth345

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 5:46 am

So sorry Spring on the loss of your precious four legged friend. I also have a wee Westie and love her to bits and know the joy an animal brings into your life. They become part of the family and it is people who do not have a pet do not realise the close bond that develops between you.  They get to know every word that you say and whenever we lose them through illness or accident it is such a great loss, you go through grieving like it is a human being. I sincerely hope that we will be reunited with our dear pets when we pass beyond this scene of earthly time in the new world to come.  May the Lord give you that hope for the future.  God bless xx
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 7:03 am

Nooooooo!I'm so sorry. so sorry.

When we were checkin in at the airport a few months ago, the lady at the counter asked us about our trip and it was to a funeral but she said " My best friend recently died on the op table and they were able to bring her back but when she awoke, she told me that when she got to Heaven, her very best doggy friend who loved her was the first one to appear waiting for her."

Isn't that awesome? Sorrow is only for this life. Smokey may very well be running with the coyotes and wolves and having a great time while he waits for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: pet lover   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:55 am

I personally believe we will be reunited with our special pets in heaven.  I have had a couple of ones, that I know, from the bottom of my heart, are now with Jesus awaiting my arrival when the time comes.  I very much look forward to it.  My sincere sympathies are with you spring2.  God bless!     Smile
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 am

So sorry to hear about Smokey. He sounded like a great dog. There is nothing like the unconditional love of a dog. Thank you Jesus for man's best friend.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down
Jrcole

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Sorry for your loss Spring. My Maggie will turn 12 next month. Ive had her since she was a pup. I'll be undone when she goes.

Maggie 3 month old pup:

Smokey, my. best bud just died. 14139493146_a3e8322a06_z

11 years old

Smokey, my. best bud just died. 14152330601_1be3ac61bf_n
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm so sorry, Spring.  Sad
Back to top Go down
Dr. Rita

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 1:20 am

bump Spring every time I try to respond to your loss I feel like this picture , inadequate. So I just wanted to write something finally even if saying I'm sorry is inadequate.

PS , the video Researcher sent was priceless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 11:27 am

Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words.

It will be some time for me to feel better, I was the chief care taker and the maintainer of the daily routine as those of you with dogs know is great from first light until the lights go off.
I'll be broken up for some time.

I'll have to say that all of us should be aware of issues with clean drinking water, filter every drop, get some Life Straws or others for personal emergency use for the bug out bag /pack.
It is no longer safe for a dog to drink from a puddle let alone a person from a mountain stream.
I waited one day too long for the vet due to wife's influence, to see if Smoke would be better. Should have followed my first instinct, so, for this I feel so very terrible.
Just remember they are as babes and cannot tell you neither how much or where it hurts!

I'm sorry Smokey and I miss you!
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:07 am

Your Pets In Heaven
by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.
I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.
Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.
We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Smokey   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:26 am

Smokey, my. best bud just died. Smokey10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks billitman!
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:11 am

You're very welcome. We all feel your pain Brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:35 pm

So sorry for you, they become like family. I had a dog name Smokey too, but were renting at the time and was told to get the dog out. Missed him so much.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:04 am

I'm so sorry, Spring.  Their unconditional love and desire to please is so exceptional in this world.  We could think God's Love is just wishful thinking if not for our furry companions who, with great patience, acceptance, and devotion, show us every day.  Sometimes I wonder when we see them again in their true form we find out just how angelic and exquisite their spirit's are.

Thank you for that post, billetman.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 am

Dove wrote:
I'm so sorry, Spring.  Their unconditional love and desire to please is so exceptional in this world.  We could think God's Love is just wishful thinking if not for our furry companions who, with great patience, acceptance, and devotion, show us every day.  Sometimes I wonder when we see them again in their true form we find out just how angelic and exquisite their spirit's are.

Thank you for that post, billetman.
That was so nice Dove, couldn't have said it better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smokey, my. best bud just died.   Smokey, my. best bud just died. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smokey, my. best bud just died.
Page 1 of 1