Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola Empty
PostSubject: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:16 pm

By Kevin Young

North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola Texas+Health+Presbyterian+emergency+room
NBC 5 News

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
Monday, Sep 29, 2014 • Updated at 10:01 PM CDT

A patient in a Dallas hospital is showing signs of the Ebola virus and is being kept in strict isolation with test results pending, hospital officials said Monday.

In a statement released Monday evening, a spokesperson for Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital said the patient is undergoing evaluation for Ebola based on the patient's symptoms and recent travel history.

Further details on the patient were not released due to medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons.

"The hospital is following all Centers for Disease Control and Texas Department of Heath recommendations to ensure the safety of patients, hospital staff, volunteers, physicians and visitors," according to the hospital's statement.

Preliminary test results are expected by the CDC on Tuesday.

According to the CDC, Ebola symptoms can include fever, muscle pain, vomiting and bleeding, and can appear as long as 21 days after exposure to the virus.

Ebola is spread by close contact with blood and other bodily fluids.

In July, Fort Worth physician Dr. Kent Brantly was diagnosed with Ebola while working in a Liberian clinic.

Brantly was eventually taken to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, where he remained in isolation for several days before he was declared cured of the potentially deadly virus.

Earlier this month, Brantly testified before a congressional panel in Washington, where he compared Ebola, which has killed thousands of people in West Africa this year, to "a fire straight from the pit of hell."

The National Institutes of Health recently admitted an American doctor exposed to the virus while volunteering in Sierra Leone. Along with Brantly, three other patients have been treated at hospitals in Georgia and Nebraska.

We'll update this story with more information as soon as it's available.  As this story is developing, elements may change.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/North-Texas-Patient-Tested-for-Possible-Ebola-277529961.html
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Prayers its -0-.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: U.S. quietly preparing for Ebola outbreak: CDC issues Ebola guidelines for U.S. funeral homes – how to dispose of bodies   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 am

U.S. quietly preparing for Ebola outbreak: CDC issues Ebola guidelines for U.S. funeral homes – how to dispose of bodies

Posted on September 29, 2014by The Extinction Protocol

North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola Caskets1-600w

September 2014 – ROSWELL, GA – CBS46 News has confirmed the Centers for Disease Control has issued guidelines to U.S. funeral homes on how to handle the remains of Ebola patients. If the outbreak of the potentially deadly virus is in West Africa, why are funeral homes in America being given guidelines? The three-page list of recommendations include instructing funeral workers to wear protective equipment when dealing with the remains since Ebola can be transmitted in postmortem care. It also instructs to avoid autopsies and embalming. Alysia English is Executive Director of the Georgia Funeral Directors Association, the oldest and largest funeral association in Georgia. Georgia is comprised of 700 funeral homes and 2,000 funeral directors. CBS46 asked English if Georgians should be alarmed by these guidelines. “Absolutely not. In fact, if they weren’t hearing about it, they should be a whole lot more concerned,” said English. She said Georgia has one of the country’s most thorough public health plans. That includes detailed planning for all hazards such as floods and the flu. “If you were in the middle of a flood or gas leak, that’s not the time to figure out how to turn it off. You want to know all of that in advance. This is no different,” said English. –CBS46
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Readying for Ebola: How U.S. hospitals are gearing up – ‘not a question of if there’s a case, but when’   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 6:46 am

Readying for Ebola: How U.S. hospitals are gearing up – ‘not a question of if there’s a case, but when’

Posted on September 29, 2014

by The Extinction Protocol

North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola Ebola-hospitals
September 2014 – HEALTH - Federal health-care officials, hospital administrators and emergency-care doctors are preparing for the first cases of Ebola here in the United States. Experts say it’s not a question of if, but rather when it will happen. The good news is that the public health infrastructure in the United States — from the epidemiologists at the Centers for Disease Control to the weekend physician at the local doc-in-a-box — has been mobilized for this very eventuality. Many hospitals, even those in many rural areas, are prepared with virus-proof protective gear and isolation units for sick patients. The bad news is that the disease continues to grow unabated in West Africa, and that containing the spread is getting tougher every day. “We will see cases,” said Alessandro Vespignani, a physics professor at Northeastern University who has developed a biological model of the worldwide spread of Ebola based on current infection rates, population trends and air traffic from the affected zone. “The good news from our modeling is the size of the outbreak is very limited. Even in the worse case, the size of the outbreak in the United States is just two or three individuals.” Vespignani’s model estimates probability of an infected Ebola patient — not an infected health care worker — showing up on a given day currently in the United States at 3 or 4 percent. That number jumps to 20 percent by the end of October.
On Sunday, an American health-care worker who was exposed to the Ebola virus was flown to the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md., according to the CDC. As the U.S. ramps up its response to Ebola, including sending 3,000 troops to help build hospitals and train local workers, it’s likely that more will be following soon. But more worrisome is someone who shows signs of fever, nausea, perhaps bleeding, who traveled to the area, and who may have come in close physical contact with a carrier of Ebola. That scenario played out recently in Alabama, according to David Pigott, a doctor at the University of Alabama-Birmingham department of emergency medicine and member of the American College of Emergency Physicians. In mid-August, a man who had recently returned from West Africa showed up at an emergency room in Tuscaloosa, Ala., where he was quarantined in a special isolation unit, Pigott said. “We had one physician with the kind of gear you see on TV, he was all garbed up in a space shield, gown boots, everything to go and evaluate the guy,” Pigott said. “Turns out he had malaria.” Pigott believes that news of the epidemic’s spread from Liberia and Sierra Leone to neighboring Guinea and Nigeria has put most, if not all, U.S. health workers on notice. Federal health officials say they are planning for scenarios as well, such as an airline passenger showing signs of Ebola while flying to a U.S. airport, for example, or a U.S. resident who stays home after getting sick instead of going to a local hospital. –Discovery News
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Texas May have An Ebola Patient Bill Gates Predicts Virus Will Spread   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 am

Texas May have An Ebola Patient Bill Gates Predicts Virus Will Spread

Published on Sep 30, 2014

Dallas Texas hospital has a very sick patient that may have "Ebola" as Isolation is in place and Bill Gates predicts Ebola Virus will spread. http://www.paulbegleyprophecy.com alsohttp://h.churchapp.mobi/paulbegleypro... also http://news.yahoo.com/texas-hospital-... alsohttp://www.trust.org/item/20140929182...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: POSSIBLE EBOLA/DALLAS TEXAS!   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 am

POSSIBLE EBOLA/DALLAS TEXAS!

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 4:02 pm

POSITIVE - POSITIVE per rsoe-edis. Flew in commercial a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
newlyborninchrist

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Yep it's confirmed in the mainstream now. The guy definitely has it.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:04 pm

newlyborninchrist wrote:
Yep it's confirmed in the mainstream now. The guy definitely has it.

I warched the press conference, still on actually. We'll see how much winds up in the news, but the ER actually SENT HIM HOME a day or two prior.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 7:08 pm

FACTS: (from cdc presser)

1. CDC will not release the guy's flight information. He arrived in the US on 9-20 via commercial flights. They state he wasn't contagious 9 days prior to ER admit so its irrelevant.
2. He was not involved in the medical fight against ebola.
3. CDC sidestepped the question of whether or not this is an American or an immigrant.
4. He went to the hospital or a clinic on 9-24 or 9-25 (corrected 9-26) but was SENT HOME only to return SICKER days later.
5. Run the 'numbers' on all the dates and timelines and its potentially bad stuff.

God Bless & I'm sure there'll be plenty of info (and threads) to follow.

edit: link

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/09/30/cdc-confirms-first-case-ebola-in-us/
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 pm

"Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) applauded President Obama’s decision to extend visas to Liberian immigrants for two years."

righton

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/219209-reed-let-liberians-stay-in-us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dallas Ebola patient originally sent home with antibiotics: misdiagnosis exposed countless others to virus   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:06 am

Dallas Ebola patient originally sent home with antibiotics: misdiagnosis exposed countless others to virus

Posted on October 1, 2014by The Extinction Protocol

North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola Doctor-rx-tep

September 2014 – DALLAS,TX - A Dallas hospital gave a man antibiotics and sent him home – only for him to be admitted two days later, it has been reported. Federal health officials later confirmed he has the first case of Ebola diagnosed in the US. 

The unidentified patient has been in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital since Sunday, officials said. Dallas patient diagnosed with Ebola was initially dismissed with prescription for antibiotics,’ CBS DFW tweeted. The man recently traveled from Liberia to Dallas. Dr. Edward Goodman told Dallas News ‘it does not appear the man went to any other hospitals in the area,’ website said. Scott Gordon, a reporter for KXAS, tweeted ‘Hospital reviewing why patient wasn’t properly diagnosed on Friday when he was evaluated and sent home. Dismissed with antibiotics.’ Other precautions have been taken since the case of the Ebola virus was confirmed. Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings told CBS DFW ‘We have isolated quarantined both [the ambulance crew that took the patient to the hospital] and the unit itself to make sure that nothing was there that can be spread and we’re going about. We kind of – our protocol, how to do that – we’ve created an emergency center at the Dallas City Hall and they’re going to go through those protocols right now, so we’re taking all precautions to make sure everybody’s safe.’

‘First and foremost, we gotta have our thoughts and prayers for this man, who is very sick and hopefully he’ll get well,’ Rawlings continued. But we’re gonna sure everybody else is safe at the same time.’ Health authorities have begun tracking down family and friends who may have had close contact with the patient and could be at risk for becoming ill. But officials said there are no other suspected cases in Texas. At the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Tom Frieden said the patient left Liberia on Sept. 19, arrived the next day to visit family and started feeling ill four or five days later. He said it was not clear how the person became infected. Frieden said there was no risk to anyone on the airplane because the patient had no symptoms at the time of the flight. –Daily Mail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Pestilence….   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 am

Pestilence….

Posted by lamarzulli on October 1, 2014

North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola Ebola

Commentary & Analysis

by

L. A. Marzulli

Ebola In America: The Confirmed Case In Dallas, Texas Could Change Everything

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/ebola-in-america-the-confirmed-case-in-dallas-texas-could-change-everything

Ebola has come to America.  Air travel between the United States and the countries of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone should have been totally shut down except for absolutely essential personnel but it wasn’t. 

I saw this story in several places and so having a minute before I start another day exploring, I thought I would weigh in on the latest news.

We are told by Jesus, what to look for at the time of the end.  The time which right before His second coming.  Wars and rumors of wars, famines, pestilence, earthquakes in diverse places and troublesome times.  

Ebola is a very deadly disease and the victim essentially bleeds out and dies.   It’s horrific and according to the story above, it’s now in the USA.

Of course our government can’t seem to get the gumption to quarantine air travel from the countries where the outbreak of the Ebola virus is present.  Is this deliberate or are our leaders really this lame?

I’m always alarmed when officials tell us we have nothing to worry about.  How can they possibly make such a broad, sweeping statement?  Bottom line for me is, they can’t!  They have no idea if this person who is infected has infected others.  They don’t know, period.

In closing todays short update:  The world is becoming a very dangerous place. 

Volcanic activity in California may threaten the western US.  Wars rage on as well as ISIL who won’t stop their rampage until, we crucify Netanyahu!  Our national debt grows by 8 TRILLION a year.  Fukushima is still leaking radioactive water into the Pacific ocean.  Record temps, record drought, record snowfall and on and on it goes.

Now pestilence is at our doorstep in the form of Ebola.

We are told that when we see these signs happening, we are to look up.  
Are these the birth pains?  In my opining they certainly are….

http://lamarzulli.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:08 am

I guess we are all awake now.
We know where we are at in the timeline and now we should warn others about Ebola,
and the fact that if peeps or sheep do not get their Vitamin C or D3 and Colloidal Silver NOW,
the coming Bank Holidays or Financial Collapse will finish off Stores, Hospitals etc and in effect,
cause it to spread much quicker.

I have had several thoughts about whether or not the Enterovirus was a test to see how quickly the other
would spread during the first of the fall cold weather in order to give the powers that be an idea of
time to get the job done... and know when their next move should start.

AND I would not put it past them to Spray us like Bugs with the planes. What better way than that to make
sure there is full coverage or FULL SPECTRUM DOMINANCE eh?
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:43 am

spring2 wrote:
I guess we are all awake now.
We know where we are at in the timeline and now we should warn others about Ebola,
and the fact that if peeps or sheep do not get their Vitamin C or D3 and Colloidal Silver NOW,
the coming Bank Holidays or Financial Collapse will finish off Stores, Hospitals etc and in effect,
cause it to spread much quicker.

I have had several thoughts about whether or not the Enterovirus was a test to see how quickly the other
would spread during the first of the fall cold weather in order to give the powers that be an idea of
time to get the job done... and know when their next move should start.

AND I would not put it past them to Spray us like Bugs with the planes. What better way than that to make
sure there is full coverage or FULL SPECTRUM DOMINANCE eh?

Yeah, and it was no accident they pulled and divided the '2014' stone the day or day after patient 0 became symptomatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 11:33 am

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/ebola-alert-u-s-patient-zero-suspected-in-dallas-isolated-travel-history-and-symptoms-suggest-infection_09292014

UPDATE: Ebola Alert: CDC Teams Mobilized and Dispatched to Dallas
Mac Slavo
September 29th, 2014
SHTFplan.com
Comments (238)
Read by 24,608 people

UPDATED 15:00 CDT

The Centers for Disease Control have been mobilized and are dispatching teams to Dallas, TX.

Zachary Thompson, the director of the Dallas County Health & Human Services, says the Center for Disease Control is mobilizing as if the patient tested positive for the virus.

However, he said Dallas County is ready if the patient’s results come back positive.

“This is not Africa,” Thompson said. “We have a great infrastructure to deal with an outbreak.”

(WFAA ABC)

Note to readers: There has been no confirmation that the patient isolated in Dallas is infected with Ebola. CDC testing labs will reportedly have results sometime today.

ORIGINAL REPORT PUBLISHED SEP 29, 22:13 CDT

The virus that has infected nearly 10,000 people in West Africa and killed over 3,000 so far this year may now be in America.

Multiple news sources are reporting that an individual showing symptoms of the Ebola virus has been admitted to a hospital in Dallas, Texas. The patient, whose travel history suggests he or she may have been exposed to the virus, has been isolated and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas says it is following testing and quarantine procedures outlined by the Centers for Disease Control.

Test samples have been sent to the CDC and preliminary test results are expected Tuesday morning.

In a statement released Monday evening, a spokesperson for Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said the patient is undergoing evaluation for Ebola based on the patient’s symptoms and recent travel history.

Further details on the patient were not released due to medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons.

“The hospital is following all Centers for Disease Control and Texas Department of Heath recommendations to ensure the safety of patients, hospital staff, volunteers, physicians and visitors,” according to the hospital’s statement. (Source: NBC DFW & MyFox)

Over the past month several patients have been admitted to U.S. hospitals in California, New York, and Georgia reporting symptoms similar to Ebola but test results in all cases have thus far shown negative for the virus.

But that hasn’t stopped the CDC from preparing guidelines for hospitals around the country with instructions on how to identify suspected cases, testing recommendations, and quarantine procedures. Earlier this year, in anticipation of a potential pandemic, the U.S. government distributed Ebola Bio Detection kits to National Guard units in all 50 states. In September the State Department ordered 160,000 protective HAZMAT suits for aid workers in Africa and other regions that may eventually see infections.

Independent research models have suggested the possibility that up to 100,000 people may be infected with the virus by the end of this year. The World Health Organization has warned that up to one million people in Africa could be infected with the virus by early next year if it continues spreading at its current pace. And most terrifying is a contagion model developed by researchers at MIT and the New England Complex Systems Institute which suggests that even a single infected individual travelling through a major airport hub has the potential to start the virus on a doomsday course that would eventually touch all corners of the globe:

Health care workers around the world have been mobilized and the director of the CDC said in early September that the window of opportunity for containing Ebola was closing rapidly. President Obama has deployed 3,000 U.S. soldiers as part of a recovery team sent to Africa to help control the spread of the virus.

But, as evidenced by research models, concerns from global health care workers and the real possibility of an Ebola infection on U.S. soil, it may already be too late.

What is not being said publicly about the virus but is a major concern behind closed doors is that Ebola’s hyper-evolution is unprecedented and there is widespread concern that it could go airborne much like a common cold or flu. The CDC has admitted that it can be transmitted through the air in the form of water droplets already, but they have yet to admit that it is an airborne contagion.

As we’ve seen in Africa, health care workers seem unable to contain the virus. Whether or not the virus has infected the individual in Dallas, there is a real possibility that it will eventually make its way to the United States. Since there is no cure, the only way to survive such an outbreak is to avoid it.

“Taking preventative action now is critical,” says The Prepper’s Blueprint author Tess Pennington. “Because once it’s confirmed in the United States people are going to panic and medical supplies will disappear from the shelves within a matter of hours.”

Pennington provides a checklist for a basic pandemic preparedness supply list at her web site and recommends, among other things:

WHO recommended N-100 respirator masks
Tyvek protective body suits
protective eyewear
gloves
shoe coverings
Hand sanitizers
(Full List)

She also recommends building a well stocked sick room and stocking up on other essential supplies that may disappear in an emergency.

As of this writing no Ebola infection “in the wild” has been detected in the United States. We’ll keep readers posted on the results from Dallas as soon as they become available. Keep in mind, however, that tens of thousands of aid workers around the world have been mobilized. They are expecting this to keep spreading. The only way to have a chance against a virus without a cure or vaccine is to not contract it. Take preventative measures now.

ebola-dallas

Related Reading:

Map of Ebola Quarantine Stations

Ebola Survival Handbook

Pandemic Preparedness Guide

What is the difference between N95 and N100 respirator masks?

Follow Pandemic News In Real Time: Pandemic Watch Community
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Here's a new one. In addition to being sent home from the ER initially, only to be rushed back by ambulance days later:

"Mai Wureh says her brother, Thomas Eric Duncan, went to a Dallas emergency room on Friday and they sent him home with antibiotics. She says he said hospital officials asked for his Social Security number and he said that he didn’t have one because he was visiting from Liberia."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20141001-sister-dallas-ebola-patient-told-hospital-officials-he-was-from-liberia.ece

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: EBOLA COULD BE IN DALLAS SCHOOLS   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 pm

EBOLA COULD BE IN DALLAS SCHOOLS

Published on Oct 1, 2014

CDC CONFIRMS EBOLA IN DALLAS

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Five Kids Linked to Ebola Patient are In 'Isolation', NOT Quarantine!   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Five Kids Linked to Ebola Patient are In 'Isolation', NOT Quarantine!

Published on Oct 1, 2014
http://www.undergroundworldnews.com

The Texas Ebola patient who was misdiagnosed Friday came in contact with five children over the weekend — who are now being isolated at their homes amid escalating fears of an outbreak.

Thomas Eric Duncan has been identified by his sister as the first confirmed case of the deadly disease on US soil — and she says her brother warned health care workers at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas on Friday that he had been visiting the US from Liberia, the Associated Press reports.

Duncan — who had a layover in Brussels on his way home — may have also spread the disease to at least one other person he met with before being hospitalized, health officials said Wednesday.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/01/texas-eb...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: EBOLA PANIC: PARENTS PULL CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 8:54 pm

EBOLA PANIC: PARENTS PULL CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL

Dallas parents wary of Ebola, officials tracing contacts
Posted Wednesday, Oct. 01, 2014 
DALLAS — Parents rushed to get their children from school Wednesday after learning five students may have had contact with the Ebola victim in a Dallas hospital, as Gov. Rick Perry and other leaders reassured the public there is no cause for alarm.
The patient, identified by The Associated Press as Thomas Eric Duncan of Liberia, arrived in the U.S. on Sept. 20 to visit family. Dallas County Health and Human Services Director Zachary Thompson said county officials suspect 12 to 18 people may have come in contact with Duncan.

"Right now the base number is 18 people, and that could increase," he said.

Thompson said more details are expected by Thursday afternoon. The number includes five students at four different schools, Dallas school district Superintendent Mike Miles said.

“This case is serious,” Perry said at a press conference in Dallas at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, where Duncan is being treated. “Rest assured that our system is working as it should. Professionals on every level on the chain of command know what to do to minimize this potential risk to the people of Texas and of this country.”

Miles said DISD officials learned Wednesday morning that five students at four different schools — Tasby Middle School, L.L. Hotchkiss Elementary School, Dan D. Rogers Elementary and Conrad High School — had come in contact with Duncan. 

Lowe Elementary is also being watched because it connects to Tasby.

“Since none of the students had symptoms, I’m pretty confident that none of the kids were exposed,” Miles said.

At L.L. Hotchkiss Elementary, parents pulled their children out of school early Wednesday afternoon.

“I’m scared,” said parent Kia Collins, who has four children at the school ages 5-11. “I may keep them home all week.”

DISD officials said they planned to have counselors and translators reaching out to parents — 32 languages are spoken just at Conrad High School.

“That’s one of the reasons we're here is we don't want misinformation getting out there,” Miles said. “We found out this morning and then we had a press conference.”

He urged parents to keep their children in school, but some were wary. Marcie Pardo said she picked up her 8-year-old daughter, Soriah, within minutes of being notified by school officials.

“To find out this is a school where it is happening, what are the odds?” Pardo said. “I’m sure there could have been some kind of contact somewhere.”

A letter to parents of children at Hotchkiss, 6929 Town North Drive, said the school was notified Wednesday that “one of our students may have had contact with an individual who was recently diagnosed with the Ebola virus.”

The letter goes on to say the student is not showing symptoms, has been told to stay home from school and is under observation by the Dallas County Health and Human Services Department.

“... There is nothing to suggest that the disease was spread to others, including students and staff,” the letter says.

The Ebola virus is not spread through the air, but through contact with bodily fluids of victims — sweat, blood, saliva and other secretions

more

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/01/6165611/officials-say-only-one-ebola-case.html

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/01/6165611/officials-say-only-one-ebola-case.html#storylink=cpy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Ebola Mutation Could Increase Risk Of Spreading To US    North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Ebola Mutation Could Increase Risk Of Spreading To US

October 01, 2014 | Tom Olago

The perception that the United States is largely safe and immune from major epidemics and pandemics is currently under challenge. It has emerged that large stocks of antiviral medications and respirators that have been set aside for the protection of U.S government personnel and citizens is about to expire. 

Consequently, U.S authorities are now reported to be ill-prepared to manage the spread and impact of global pandemics such as the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic, or even the current global Ebola outbreak that has the entire globe running scared.

This alarming and increasingly likely potential outcome was recently reported on by CNN.com, based on federal investigation audit report findings on the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The imminent expiry of large quantities of drugs reportedly resulted from the lack of a clear plan on how to replenish their stockpiles of equipment. Additionally, excessive coverall suits and surgical masks were purchased, and poor record keeping and management were found to be the root causes of the wastages and losses.

The DHS is said to have agreed with all 11 suggestions the Inspector General's Office made to improve the program. To manage the process better and to seal the loopholes found, the department will assign an office to oversee the supplies and develop an adequate strategy for making sure the material stays current. It has applied for a shelf life extension with the Food and Drug Administration to extend the expiration dates on the antiviral medicine it has that will expire in 2015.

Hopefully, all these measures, as well as any additional ones requiring urgent implementation, can be taken in time to avert disaster should a pandemic such as Ebola find its way into the United States. The initial spread of Ebola may be quite a distance from the shores of North America, but that doesn’t mean the risk of Ebola reaching anywhere else in the world is far-fetched. A recent edition of WND.com  quotes Dr. Margaret Chan, the director-general of the World Health Organization recently stating: “The devastating Ebola virus should not be characterized as an “African disease”… The current Ebola outbreak is the largest, most severe, and most complex outbreak of Ebola we have seen since the first outbreak of the disease 14 years ago.” Dr. Chan further explained that any stigmatization of the disease suggesting a racial classification would be detrimental to United Nations effort to control the outbreak.

According to another recent exclusive report by WND.com, as many as 1.2 million people could die in West Africa in just 6 months. This outcome is based on an econometric simulation model that assumes the World Health Organization and others will be unable to control the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Six months is the minimum time the WHO projects will be necessary to contain the epidemic.

Econometrics research assistant Francis Smart at Michigan State University has concluded through his research, as well as those of others, that the strain of Ebola in the current West African epidemic could go airborne and be transmitted between humans through breathing. Smart’s calculations led him to urge health officials worldwide to use every medical resource available to contain and restrict the spread of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa.

Smart further wrote: “It is extremely foolish to think that any nation is immune to this disease. So far, in the entire history of Ebola outbreaks up until the present, less than 10,000 people have been infected… if my projections are anywhere close to accurate, then the number of infected people is going to be much higher than has ever occurred previously. This will create many more habitats for which the virus can possible mutate new traits that could increase its transmission rate…the possibility of it becoming airborne could result in a global spread of the disease resulting in unprecedented number of deaths worldwide… it is more than prudent to heavily invest in controlling the number of new patients infected by this disease.” 

The threat of the Ebola virus mutation is acknowledged widely and presents cause for serious concern. The virus has reportedly already changed its genome, with unknown consequences. In a recent report published in dw.de, US President Barack Obama was quoted to have said that the Ebola virus, currently attacking western Africa, could mutate - making it even more dangerous due to easier transmutability, making it a “a serious danger to the United States."

An international research team has found more than 300 genetic changes that make the 214 Ebola virus genomes distinct from the viral genomes tied to previous Ebola outbreaks. Moreover, over 50 changes had occurred since the start of the 2014 outbreak, suggesting the virus is in fact mutating, and with this particular strain, a number of genetic mutations had altered proteins in the virus, potentially with disastrous effect.

Yet another indication that we are certainly in the last days that Jesus prophesied about concerning pestilences (plagues and diseases) amongst other end–time catastrophic events:

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places (Matthew 24:7).

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/October01/016.html#tc6XcoCJ6TLb8kIm.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: U.S. Ebola patient helped carry convulsing pregnant woman who later died of the virus days before he flew to Texas. Four more of his neighbors died too: So how was he allowed to board a plane?   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 9:08 am

U.S. Ebola patient helped carry convulsing pregnant woman who later died of the virus days before he flew to Texas. Four more of his neighbors died too: So how was he allowed to board a plane?

• Four days before he boarded a flight for the U.S.,  Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan carried an infected woman to a hospital in Liberia
  • That sick pregnant woman, her brother and three neighbors later died of the disease 
  • Because he wasn't displaying any symptoms of the sickness, Mr Duncan was allowed to board a flight out of the country on September 19 
  • Ebola can hide in the system for up to 21 days, raising questions about how hot-spot countries will stop the spread of the disease
  • Mr Duncan first admitted himself to the hospital on September 24, but was turned away with antibiotics despite telling staff he arrived from Liberia
  • He then spent two days getting sicker and sicker, and coming into contact with several family members - including five school children   
  • Number of people with indirect contact to Ebola patient now more than 80 
  • He is currently in 'serious but stable condition' at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital   
  • Mr Duncan will reportedly not receive experimental serum ZMapp, which helped save the lives of three American aid workers, because stock of the drug has run out

By ASHLEY COLLMAN and LOUISE BOYLE and ZOE SZATHMARY and MICHAEL ZENNIE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 23:41 EST, 1 October 2014 | UPDATED: 08:52 EST, 2 October 2014

It appears an act of compassion led Thomas Eric Duncan to contract Ebola, and become the first patient diagnosed with the deadly disease on U.S. soil.

Just four days before he boarded a plane bound for Dallas, Texas, Duncan helped carry his landlord's convulsing pregnant daughter to a Liberian clinic to be treated for Ebola, The New York Times reports.

The woman, named by The Times as 19-year-old Marthalene Williams died the next day, after being turned away from the overcrowded hospital that didn't have room for her. 

The landlord's son and three neighbors who came in contact with the woman also died soon afterwards.

But Mr Duncan wasn't showing any symptoms when he arrived at a Monrovia airport on September 19, and therefore was allowed on a flight out of Liberia bound for the U.S.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777366/U-S-Ebola-victim-helped-carry-convulsing-pregnant-woman-later-died-virus-four-days-flew-Liberia-Texas-Four-neighbors-died-So-allowed-step-flight.html#ixzz3EzqeIGq7 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: "Texas Officials 80 People exposed To Ebola Patient"   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 9:19 am

"Texas Officials 80 People exposed To Ebola Patient"

Published on Oct 2, 2014

Who is really in charge? As the number of exposed people to Ebola grows from 18 to 80http://www.paulbegleyprophecy.com also http://rt.com/usa/192568-texas-ebola-...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola   North Texas Patient Tested for Possible Ebola I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1