Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

California Bill Could Usher In "Eggs For Human Cloning"

Go down 
AuthorMessage

California Bill Could Usher In "Eggs For Human Cloning" Empty
PostSubject: California Bill Could Usher In "Eggs For Human Cloning"   California Bill Could Usher In "Eggs For Human Cloning" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 am

California Bill Could Usher In "Eggs For Human Cloning" CloningHumans

California Bill Could Usher In "Eggs For Human Cloning" Picturecloning2

Human cloning is in the wind! Researchers are working diligently to learn how to accomplish such asexual reproduction, as can now be done in many animals, including monkeys. Once that happens, expect the debate over the legality and ethics of human cloning to make the embryonic stem cell brouhaha seem like a playful snowball fight. Cloning of the kind used to make Dolly the sheep, known as somatic cell nuclear transfer, requires one human egg per try. But human eggs (oocytes) are in very short supply. This “egg dearth” (as I call it), has hobbled the biotech industry from successfully cloning human embryos. I have predicted that will soon change. Now, fueling my suspicion, new California legislation has been filed to permit researchers to pay women for undergoing egg extraction–which can cost ”donors” their health, fecundity, even their lives. First, the prices paid would be set by the researchers: From AB 926: (j) This bill will reverse the current ban on compensation for women providing human oocytes for research. Compensation amounts will be determined by human subject research panels and...

more

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/04/16/california-bill-would-pay-for-creating-eggs-for-human-cloning/
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1