Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 Empty
PostSubject: More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21   More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Weather Underground wrote:
More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH
By: Bob Henson and Jeff Masters  , 10:50 AM PST on February 21, 2017

The atmospheric river that slammed the central third of California on Monday left its mark in multiple ways, including what could end up as the highest reliably recorded wind gusts for the state (see below). Fortunately, the storm underperformed somewhat when it came to rainfall, much like its older sibling that hit southern California last Friday. Rainfall amounts in Bay Area cities on Monday came in well short of the potential suggested by multiple model runs, although both San Francisco (2.16”) and San Jose (1.87”) managed to set rainfall records for the date.

Even if the rains of the last week haven’t lived up to model-based expectations, they have caused plenty of havoc (see Figures 1 through 3). Power was knocked out to more than 100,000 people in the Los Angeles area on Friday, with several fatalities reported. More than two dozen debris flows had been recorded in nine counties as a result of the Sunday/Monday storm, according to a comprehensive roundup of the last week’s storms from weather.com. One levee breach on Monday night in San Joaquin County was quickly repaired after some 500 people had been ordered to evacuate. Residents of the town of Wilton in southern Sacramento County were under a voluntary evacuation on Monday night, but the Cosumnes River ended up peaking at 12.06 feet, less than an inch above the 12-foot flood stage and more than 3 feet below predictions from earlier Monday.

The storms of the past week have added to multi-month precipitation totals that are getting steadily more impressive. Many points across central and northern California have already recorded more precipitation than they get on average in an entire October-to-September water year. As of 4:00 pm MST Monday, San Francisco International Airport had racked up 15.70” of rain since January 1. Phil Klotzbach (Colorado State University) noted that this is the fourth highest January-February total on record for the airport, where data collection began in 1945. By midnight Monday night, this year’s Jan-Feb total had climbed to 16.38”. Meanwhile, downtown San Francisco is already at its seventh wettest Jan-Feb in records going back to 1855, with 17.63” as of Wednesday morning. The station is likely to vault to at least fourth place by the time the month is done, but going any further will be a challenge, based on stats tweeted by Klotzbach. During the catastrophic Jan-Feb of 1862, downtown San Francisco recorded 31.89”.

[More at link with photos & charts]

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21   More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 1:08 pm

This might help  http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?ALM

to factor in water levels upstream.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21   More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Another source, currently covering Anderson Dam, San Jose . 
http://www.ksbw.com/article/anderson-dam-in-morgan-hill/8961786

Different source.  Anderson dam spillway 2 days ago (Mon).
103% full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-J6O4kaOI

Yesterday:

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21   More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 3:23 am

Good footage from 2/24 of Oroville:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21   More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Must have been a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21   More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Floods and Evacuations in California--Plus Wind Gusts Topping 190 MPH 2017_02_21
Page 1 of 1