Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unmanned Syrian Mig-21 fitted for chemical warfare?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Unmanned Syrian Mig-21 fitted for chemical warfare? Empty
PostSubject: Unmanned Syrian Mig-21 fitted for chemical warfare?   Unmanned Syrian Mig-21 fitted for chemical warfare? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:10 pm

And with this posting I have enlisted a new document editor to take care of all that pesky java script crap so the posts won't have large gaps and almost impossible to edit text breaks here on the forum.... let's see if it works on the rest after this one.

http://defense-update.com/20130505_syrian-mig-21-were-fitted-for-chemical-warfare.html

Unmanned Syrian Mig-21 fitted for chemical warfare? Mig21_defected

Unmanned Syrian Mig-21 fitted for chemical warfare? Posted by i-HLS Email This Page The Syrian air force Russian-made MiG-21 plane landed with in the King Hussein military base in Mafraq. Jordan has granted political asylum to the Syrian pilot, Colonel Hassan Merei al-Hamade.

The Syrian air force Russian-made MiG-21 plane landed with in the King Hussein military base in Mafraq. Jordan has granted political asylum to the Syrian pilot, Colonel Hassan Merei al-Hamade.

Is this Syria’s “doomsday ” weapon? Intelligence sources say that the Syrian air force has adapted old Russian made MIG-21 fighter aircraft to fly unmanned and carry chemical warfare materials. This information is now being investigated by a number of intelligence organizations i-hls reports.

A Syrian MiG-21, that landed in Jordan in June 2011 flown by a Syrian air force colonel, had been adapted to fly unmanned and carry a “deadly volume of chemical weapons. According to intelligence sources there are indications that Russian engineers helped with the upgrade.

The Syrian pilot colonel Hassan Hamada, took off in his MiG-21 from al-Dumair military airport northeast of Damascus and flew to King Hussein Air Base just across Syria’s southern border with Jordan. Upon landing in Jordan, Hamada removed his rank and requested political asylum.

The Syrian regime immediately admitted the pilot had defected and called him a traitor. But unlike in earlier defections Syria has put heavy pressure on Jordan to return the MIG-21.

i-HLS.com, Israel’s Homeland Security Home Based on the content of this article, you might be interested in the following posts:

Israel on high alert on the Syrian border Israel Air Force Targets SA-17 SAM sent to HezbollahIsrael Air Force Targets SA-17 SAM sent to Hezbollah Videos Depicting Fierce Battles Between Rebels and Syrian Army Mechanised FormationsVideos Depicting Fierce Battles Between Rebels and Syrian… Russian Amphibious Support Ship Arrive at Haifa for a First Visit in an Israeli PortRussian Amphibious Support Ship Arrive at Haifa for a First… IISS: Less than a quarter of the Syrian Army Remain Loyal to AssadIISS: Less than a quarter of the Syrian Army Remain Loyal to
Back to top Go down

Unmanned Syrian Mig-21 fitted for chemical warfare?
Page 1 of 1