Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013

Go down 
+14
Internet Pilgrim
researcher
stonewall
moko
Yaddy
Kitiara
Delfi
Proskuneo
hiscity
Pony1
billetman
quietobserver
Dove
laibcoms
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:17 pm

quietobserver wrote:
[img][/img][img][/img]going back in time a bit does the kid on his left resemble anyone we know?
ARGH!! I can't get the pictures to upload!!!Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 2040538120

What pics? Your tags are empty, can I help?
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:15 pm

No, I don't think Photoshopped. I've seen the picture from multiple news sources and there are photos from more than one camera shot at different distances. I'll see if I can locate the other ones I've seen and paste 'em in here for y'all.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Better yet, video!!!

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:41 pm

"THE POPE AND WHATS COMING FOR THE CATHOLIC SYSTEM"
The Ragged Edge, Russ Dizdar interviews Chris Putnam, 2-13-13
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/russ-dizdar/2013/02/14/the-pope-and-whats-coming-for-the-catholic-system

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/russ-dizdar/2013/02/14/the-pope-and-whats-coming-for-the-catholic-system.mp3

Chris announces new book, "Exo Vaticanus" which covers extraterrestrials and the vatican. alien

ps. Someone please tell Russ Dizdar how to pronounce "caricature" ... I've listened to him say it without the "i" for years.... An audible dictionary link is here:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/caricature Cool

Last edited by hiscity on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:15 pm

'Final pope' already running Vatican?

Benedict might have 'stacked deck' in fulfillment of prophesy

Did Pope Benedict XVI line up his successor and then resign to fulfill a 900-year-old prophecy that the next leader of the Roman Catholic Church would be history’s “final pope?”

The idea was posed by Tom Horn, co-author of the book “Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here.”
As WND reported, Horn and his co-author, Cris Putnam, accurately predicted Benedict would become the first pope in nearly 600 years to resign.
Horn believes the last pope, called “Petrus Romanus” in the prophecy by Irish Archbishop St. Malachy, could be the man who is set to take over interim leadership the moment Benedict resigns Feb. 28 at 8 p.m. local time, becoming the acting Vatican head of state.
The claim centers on Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro (Peter in English) Evasio Bertone, born in Romano Canavese, Piedmont, the current secretary of state for the Vatican, who Pope Benedict XVI appointed Camerlengo, or Chamberlain, of the Holy Roman Church April 4, 2007.
In the period known as “sede vacante,” when there is no sitting pope, Bertone will be called upon as Camerlengo to serve as the head of the Roman Catholic Church.
Get “Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here” at the WND Superstore
He will be in charge until the College of Cardinals attending the upcoming Papal Conclave in the Sistine Chapel select a new pope.
Did Benedict choose his successor?
Benedict XVI has made decisions that indicate Bertone could be, or at least once was, his choice for successor, Horn told WND.
Working alongside Bertone, Benedict appeared to be “stacking the deck” in Bertone’s favor Jan. 6, 2012, when he named 22 new cardinals. Most are Europeans, primarily Italians, already holding key Vatican positions.
As a result, Europeans currently number over half of all cardinal-electors, 67 out of 125. Nearly a quarter of all voters in the conclave will be Italian.
“When he appointed these new cardinals,” Horn said, “Benedict seemed to put his definitive stamp on an Italian successor, stacking the College of Cardinals, those who could be called upon to give Bertone the so-called apostolic chair of St. Peter.”
Horn said the idea was not Benedict’s alone.
Most Vatican experts attribute the large number of Italian appointments to the influence of Bertone, he said.
WND sources in Rome close to the Vatican previously suggested Benedict may have resigned in part because he wanted to have a hand, even if indirect, in influencing the selection of his successor.
The sources further argue that by selecting “Benedict” as his papal name, Cardinal Josef Ratzinger, though not a priest of the Benedictine Order, sought to identify his papacy with Malachy’s prohecy that the next-to-last pope would be identified by the epithet Gloria olivae, translated as “Glory of the Olive,” knowing the Benedictine Order is associated by tradition with olives.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/final-pope-already-running-vatican/#RZGkyLBDFt66shGJ.99
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Delfi wrote:
quietobserver wrote:
[img][/img][img][/img]going back in time a bit does the kid on his left resemble anyone we know?
ARGH!! I can't get the pictures to upload!!!Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 2040538120

What pics? Your tags are empty, can I help?
Only if you can help "stupid" lol. Just realized my hotel wifi is bandwidth deficient and I haven't the patience to stare at the screen for an hour while uploading. Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 3022064598Many thanks though...!!!!
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 pm

researcher wrote:
Better yet, video!!!

Big plus for that one. Now we know why the Glazers bought Manchester united, to listen to the bbc newscasters...cheers
I'll strike locating an original pic from the todo list as real time speaks volumes. And that had to be a 40something thunderstorm. Unequivocally!!!
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:49 pm

"THE BARQUE OF PETER," Noise of Thunder, Chris Pinto, 2-13-13
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-of-thunder-radio-show/2013/2/13/notradio_021313.html
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_BARQUE.OF.PETER.mp3

Quote :
Chris discusses the old world term for the Papal throne, which was specifically
mentioned by Pope Benedict as he announced his resignation. But what is the
greater symbolism? Also, a number of mainstream media news organizations
have reported that lightning struck St. Peter's Basilica in Rome within a few
hours of the Pope's stunning announcement. Some are calling it a sign from God,
but could it merely be a theatrical stunt?

snug inside electrifying!!
Quote :

Revelation 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast..
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm

MnRProdMariolaur 2-13-13

The Lone Gunmen discuss various and sundry oddities from valentines to "ufos in mexico now every week..." while Mario wonders if the beanstalk (as in "Jack and the") is some way to travel between dimensions.

The main discussion starts at time 00:39... questions 1:52...
"Final Pope Is here Benedict is leaving Peter the Roman is to come "

The guys read a bit much ...which may be what killed the late great Dr. Future program?! Just fast forward.

Exo Vaticanus discussion about 1:58

Last edited by hiscity on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:22 am

Hadn't thought of the theatrical stunt angle but its certainly
interesting.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall

consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness
of
his coming

9 Even
him whose coming is
after the working of Satan with all power and signs
and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that

perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be

saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should

believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure

in unrighteousness.

Edit: trying to copy and paste from II Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 8 - 12 but having "issues" on my end. studyscratch
Quote :
Edit: it's easiest to paste the quote then highlight it then select the size, I have used 14. Delf
Back to top Go down
Blessed1313

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Catching up on reading the threads today and this one is very interesting!!! I did not know that Jerusalem had been given over to the Vatican!! I was remembering how about 2 years ago when the Pope had a huge mass ceremony on May 11, at the base of the Mount of Olives and thought then that it was strange.
However Laibscon, I have been seeing a lot of dreams and visions written about a megaquake to occur this year. Today I just finished reading a thread where the poster said that he has been watching patterns of the earthquakes and because of the recent one in the arctic area of Russia (6.9), that he expects to see within 24hrs another 7.5 or greater in Japan...........then after that a megaquake for Japan within 72 hrs. I pray not, but with looking at rsoe recently........it is possible. Things seem to be revving up......last pope?? quakes over 6 every week, laws being changed weekly, nations threatning another, comets, asteroids...........IDK 2013 is coming at us hard. Thank God for the fellowship we have here!!!
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:20 pm

"THE PILLARS OF DON BOSCO," Chris Pinto, NOTRadio 02.14.13

Quote :
With all the flurry surrounding Pope Benedict's resignation, Chris continues his discussion on the Barque (ship) of St. Peter, one of the symbols used in Catholicism for the papacy. In the 19th century, a Catholic "saint" named Don Bosco claimed to have a vision of two pillars that arose during a time of great turmoil in the Catholic Church. According to Bosco, the Barque of Peter would be anchored to these pillars as the means of help and salvation. Modern Catholics have made reference to the vision as one "for our times." But what do the pillars actually symbolize? And how can we as Christians be good witnesses to Catholics, in shining the light of truth according to the Word of God?

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_PILLARS.OF.DON.BOSCO_02.14.13.mp3
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 am

I like Chris Pinto......He's good!Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 am

News from Hal Lindsey Media Ministries

The world was stunned this week by Pope Benedict XVI's abrupt announcement that he is stepping down from the papacy on February 28.

It has been 600 years since a pope has left office alive. Traditionally, he dies at his post.

Pope Benedict cited failing strength as his reason for resigning. He said that the duties of the highest office in the Roman Catholic church demand strength of mind and body. Apparently he feels that both of these are rapidly declining in him.

Of course, the pope's surprising announcement has enormous repercussions. Not only has it set in motion the top-secret, mysterious, and rigidly ceremonial machinery for choosing his successor, but it may set the stage for a struggle over the future direction of the Roman church.

Further, it may signal the start of the countdown to the end of the Church Age.

Why do I say that? As you know, I believe and preach that there are no prophecies left to be fulfilled before Jesus Christ returns for His bride in the Rapture of the Church. There is nothing to prevent Him from calling us up to be with Him before I finish writing these words, or before you can read them. So why do I say Benedict's resignation may signal a countdown?

Simply because an "extra-Biblical" prediction by a Catholic bishop almost nine centuries ago implied that the next pope will the last before the Roman Catholic church is destroyed. I call this an extra-Biblical prophecy because it is not included in the canon of scripture and I do not believe or suggest that it rises to the level of true Biblical prophecy. But that doesn't make it any less interesting. And it may further serve to impress upon us the lateness of the hour in which we live.

I have discussed these predictions three times in the last four years. This week, I'm going to play for you a short clip from November, 2011, to acquaint you with "The Prophecy of the Popes." Here's how I described it then:

Almost 900 years ago, Pope Innocent II summoned Malachy O'Morgair, the Bishop of Armagh, in what is now Northern Ireland, to come to Rome. While there, this Bishop purportedly experienced a vision in which he saw the popes from that time until the end of the Roman Catholic church. He recorded his impression of each of the remaining 112 popes in a series of cryptic phrases.

Today, Saint Malachy's vision is called "The Prophecy of the Popes." Written in 1139, it was rediscovered in the Vatican's archives in 1590, and first published in 1595
I do not believe Saint Malachy's predictions rise to the level of the Bible's prophecies in either their detail or accuracy. However, his predictions have been remarkable in their own way and bear relevance to the times in which we live.You see, Saint Malachy's prophecy seems to predict that the current pope, Benedict XVI, will be the next to last pope of the Roman church. After him will come a pope called Petrus Romanus, or Peter the Roman. Malachy appears to indicate that he will be the one who cooperates with the Antichrist, then will be turned upon and destroyed by the leader of the confederacy that rises out of the old Roman Empire

]When you consider the fact that Benedict XVI is almost 86 and in declining health, the world might not have to wait very long to learn if Saint Malachy's final prediction comes true.

Obviously, when I wrote that description in 2011, I didn't consider the fact that Benedict might choose to step down rather than die in office. This week's announcement further heightens the intrigue surrounding Saint Malachy's predictions and the uncertainty facing the leadership of the Roman church.

This week, I'm also going to discuss the role I see for the pope in the Bible's prophecies regarding the end-times. I believe he will be a major player in the rise of the Antichrist, a player whom the prophet says will meet a disastrous end.

The question now is: Will the next pope -- who will be chosen in the coming few weeks -- be that man?

Tune in this week and I'll discuss these Biblical prophecies and how Saint Malachy's extra-Biblical predictions may shed some light on them

Last edited by Delfi on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : enlarge script, center text)
Back to top Go down
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hab 3:6 He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations; and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow: his ways are everlasting.

The Divine Word
http://resurrection2016.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am

WOW Jay!
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 pm

I've read David Flynn's books and understand the significance of all those numbers except 753?
btw what's W.M. ohhhhhh the Washington Monument. Had a senior moment there. What a Face

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Heehee. I just pm'd him on the identity of the 753. Maybe it's a nautical mile conversion? ?????

It's like a gym for brain synapses around here. :geek:
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 pm

It probably has to do with the founding of Rome in 753 BC. I think DF used that date in his calculations.
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh!!!!! Yes. Thanks fellow gym challenged kiddo's. stupid stupid

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Atlantic

Atlantic

PostSubject: More Math   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 am

[quote="Jay"]Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 4480030342_9ea258331a
https://watchermeet-up.forumotion.com/t225-rome-revelations-part-3[/quote]

7224 x 2016 / 2520 = 5779.2 5779.2 is some time in 2019, I believe.
Edit: I think it may work out to roughly 7 days before the feast of pentecost. I'm not exactly sure because some months on the hebrew calendar will have 30 days one year and then 29 days in another.

Last edited by Atlantic on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:22 am

What is the distance between the Vatican and the Tomb of David in Jerusalem, and does that number have significance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Conclave electing new pope   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Conclave electing new pope could start before March 15: Vatican

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 2013-02-16T151630Z_1_CBRE91F16G100_RTROPTP_2_POPE

Reuters/Reuters - Pope Benedict XVI and his personal secretary Georg Gaenswein leave after meeting Guatemala's President Otto Perez Molina (not pictured), during a private audience at the Vatican February 16, …more 2013. REUTERS/Alessandra Tarantino/Pool less

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The conclave to choose Pope Benedict's successor could start earlier than expected, giving the Roman Catholic Church a new leader by mid March, the Vatican said on Saturday.

Less than two weeks away from a historic papal resignation, the Vatican also stressed again that the pope was not abandoning the Church in times of difficulties and urged the faithful to trust in God and in the next pope.
Five days after Benedict announced his resignation in Latin to a small group of cardinals, the Vatican was still in a state of spiritual and bureaucratic shock, groping for ways to deal with a situation without precedent for at least six centuries.
Some 117 cardinals under the age of 80 will be eligible to enter the secretive conclave to elect Benedict's successor. Church rules say the conclave has to start between 15-20 days after the papacy becomes vacant, which it will on February 28.
But since the Church is now dealing with an announced resignation and not a sudden death, Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said the Vatican would be "interpreting" the law to see if it could start earlier.
Cardinals around the world have already begun informal consultations by phone and email to construct a profile of the man they think would be best suited to lead the Church in a period of continuing crisis.
The Vatican appears to be aiming to have a new pope elected and then formally installed in a solemn ceremony before Palm Sunday on March 24 so he can preside at Holy Week services leading to Easter.
The 85-year-old Benedict was having as normal a Saturday as possible, considering that his remaining scheduled public appearances can now be counted on one hand.
The Vatican has been at pains to stress that the pope was leaving exclusively because of diminishing spiritual and physical forces and that the pontiff was certain it was the right thing to do and would not hurt the Church.
"Benedict is not abandoning us in times of difficulty," Lombardi said in his weekly editorial for Vatican Radio. "With confidence, he is inviting the Church to trust in the Spirit and in a new successor of St. Peter."
DETERIORATING HEALTH
Benedict's papacy was rocked by crises over sex abuse of children by priests in Europe and the United States, most of which preceded his time in office but came to light during it.
His reign also saw Muslim anger after he compared Islam to violence. Jews were upset over his rehabilitation of a Holocaust denier. During a scandal over the Church's business dealings, his butler was convicted of leaking his private papers.
Meanwhile, new details emerged on Saturday about the state of Benedict's health in the months before his shock decision.
Peter Seewald, a German journalist who wrote a book with the pope in 2010 in which Benedict first floated the possibility of resigning, visited him again about 10 weeks ago and asked what else could be expected from his papacy.
According to excepts published in the German magazine Focus, the pope answered: "From me? Not much from me. I'm an old man and the strength is ebbing. I think what I've done is enough."
Asked if he was considering resigning, the pope said: "That depends on how much my physical strength will force me to that".
Seewald said he was alarmed about the pope's health.
"His hearing had deteriorated. He couldn't see with his left eye. His body had become so thin that the tailors had difficulty in keeping up with newly fitted clothes ... I'd never seen him so exhausted-looking, so worn down."
Keeping to his schedule, Benedict met a group of Italian bishops and Guatemala's president on Saturday morning and in the afternoon was receiving caretaker Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti in a farewell audience.
Monti, a devout Catholic, is leading a centrist coalition in next week's elections but the Vatican says the farewell meeting has nothing to do with the vote.
On Sunday, the pope will hold his customary noon blessing from his window overlooking St Peter's Square before going into a previously scheduled, week-long Lenten spiritual retreat. He will emerge from that on Feb 23.
He will then say one more Sunday noon prayer on February 24, hold a final general audience on February 27. The next day he will take a helicopter to the papal summer retreat at Castel Gandolfo, south of Rome, flying into the history books.
Vatican officials said he would stay there for the two months or so needed to restore the convent inside the Vatican where he will live out his remaining years.
(Reporting By Philip Pullella; Additional reporting by Erik Kirschbaum, James Mackenzie and Tom Heneghan; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:29 am

This artwork, titled, La Nona Ora (The Ninth Hour) was sold at a Christies Auction in My 2001.

link: http://www.christies.com/lotFinder/lot_details.aspx?intObjectID=2051684

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 D2051684r
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 pm

"THE POPE SEEKS IMMUNITY"
NOTRadio_02.19.13, Chris Pinto (fast forward 20 minutes for the meat)

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-of-thunder-radio-show/2013/2/18/notradio_021913.html
http://www.noiseofthunder.com/storage/NOTR_POPE.SEEKS.IMMUNITY_02.19.13.mp3

Quote :
It is now reported that the Pope is seeking immunity from being prosecuted for "crimes against humanity" during his time as Cardinal Ratzinger, before he was elected to the papal chair. The charges come from a group known as the International Tribunal into Crimes Against Church and State (ITCCS). An unnamed European country and the ITCCS are pursuing an attempt to reportedly "... hold the Pope accountable for the Vatican’s cover-up of child sex crimes."

also see...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/15/us-pope-resignation-immunity-idUSBRE91E0ZI20130215
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am

This was from 2005 but Hal nailed it then....

An extraordinary prophecy?

Published: 04/08/2005 at 1:00 AM
byHal LindseyEmail | Archive

The death of Pope John Paul II has brought about the most extraordinary outpouring of emotion for a world leader in history. National leaders from almost every nation, religious leaders from all faiths, young people as well as old people, people from every part of the earth – all express some kind of emotional feeling about the passing of this great church leader. Most of the world praise him as one of the greatest forces for peace in history.

The Real Truth MagazineWhat is Wrong with this World? Subscribe Today for Answers! www.realtruth.org/free-subscription
The World to Come™ TVThe World to Come with David C Pack Sign Up Now for Free Email Updates! worldtocome.tv

Modern communication technology has helped make the pope’s death an unparalleled event. The entire world has literally come together to praise this one man. I find that many sense that there will be some important and climactic consequences to follow the death of this pope.

As I studied the many Bible prophecies of the Last Days, I found a most unusual extra-biblical prophecy made by an Irish Catholic bishop in the 12th century. His name is St. Malachy. According to his biographer, St. Bernard of Clairvaux, in his book “Life of Saint Malachy,” St. Malachy was known to have the gift of prophecy and even predicted the exact day and hour of his own death. St. Malachy was canonized in 1190 by Pope Clement III.

According to his biographer, St. Malachy was visiting Rome in 1139 when he went into a trance and received a vision. Malachy wrote down this extraordinary vision in which he claims to have foreseen all of the popes from the death of Innocent II until the destruction of the church and the return of Christ. He named exactly 112 popes from that time until the end.

St. Malachy wrote a few prophetically descriptive words in Latin about each one of the popes. He then gave the manuscript to Pope Innocent II and it was deposited in the Vatican Archives where it was forgotten for several centuries. Then in 1590, it was rediscovered and published.

The interesting thing is that scholars have matched the brief 110 descriptive predictions with each of the 110 popes and anti-popes that there have been since Innocent II. Though they are a bit obscure, they have fit the general profile of each of the popes.

Now these are in no way the same kind of predictions we find in the Bible. But they do have certain relevance.

Here are a few examples:

Pope No. 108: Paul VI (1968-78). The prophecy for the 108th pope was, “Flos Florum”, which means “Flower of Flowers.” Paul VI’s coat of arms contained three fleurs-de-lis (Isis blossoms).

Pope No. 109: John Paul I (1978). The prophecy for 109th pope was “De Medietate Lunae,” which means “the Half Moon.” John Paul I was born in the diocese of Belluno (beautiful moon) and was baptized Albino Luciani (white light). He became pope when there was a half moon (Aug. 26, 1978). He died the next month right after an eclipse of the moon.

Pope No. 110: John Paul II (1978-2005). The prophecy for the 110th pope was “De Labore Solis,” which means “from the labor of the sun.” John Paul II was born during an eclipse of the sun on May 8, 1920. As the sun rises out of the East, so he came to the Vatican from the east. Wherever on the earth the sun shines, he visited.

Now, if St. Malachy is accurate, there will be only two more popes before the end of this world, as we know it and the Second Coming of Christ. I do know that the whole prophetic scenario of signs that Jesus Christ and the prophets predicted would come together just before His return are now in view. So what St. Malachy predicted is certainly occurring in the right time frame. Pope John Paul II was aware of these prophecies and at least once referred to them with concern.

According to St. Malachy, there will only be two more popes.

The prophecy concerning the 111th pope says of him, “Gloria Olivae,” which means “the glory of the Olive.” Could it be that he will be from the Order of Saint Benedict, also known as the Olivetans? Could he be an African, a continent symbolized by the olive tree?

The olive tree is also frequently a symbol for the Israelites in the Bible. Could this mean that this pope will be an Israelite who will be seen as the glory of his people? It bears watching as to who will be this pope. Cardinal Lustiger of Paris is a converted Jew and he is in the running for being the next pope.

But it is the prophecy of the 112th and last pope that is most fascinating. St. Malachy predicts, “In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign “Petrus Romanus” (Peter the Roman), who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.”

If any of this is true, then I suspect that the 111th pope will not live very long. We are just too close to the final events before Christ’s return for him to reign for a long period.

The most important part of St. Malachy’s prophecies has to do with the events he foresees happening during the papacy of “Peter the Roman.” He foresees great tribulations during his reign, ending with the destruction of the church and Rome. This is will be done by a dreadful judge who will then judge the world.

In Daniel’s great prophecy concerning the 70 sabbatical years allotted to Israel to finish the purpose for which God created them, it predicts something that fits right in with St. Malachy’s prophecy concerning “Peter the Roman.”

Daniel predicted the exact day that Israel’s Messiah would be declared prince and heir apparent to King David’s throne. It was 69 sabbatical years from the date Artaxerxes Longimanus of Persia gave the exiled Jews permission to rebuild Jerusalem. (see Nehemiah 2:1-8 where this permission was granted.)

Exactly 69 lunar years of 360 days [or 173,880 days] later, Jesus was proclaimed the Son of David and Messiah. As predicted, He was rejected and had nothing. Then within a week after that, He was put to death.

Daniel predicted:

Know therefore and understand, that FROM the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem UNTIL Messiah the Prince, there shall be seven weeks and 62 weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times. And after the 62 weeks Messiah shall be cut off [put to death], but not for Himself; and the people of THE PRINCE WHO IS TO COME shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined.

Note that after the end of the 69th sabbatical year, but before the beginning of the 70th sabbatical year, two very important historical events would occur. First, Messiah would be put to death, but not for Himself. Jesus was crucified within a week of His official presentation as Messiah.

Second, the people of the prince WHO IS YET TO COME would destroy the city of Jerusalem and its Temple. The Roman Tenth Legion destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in A.D. 70.

Now one last and extremely important detail. The “Prince who is to come” will be of the same people that destroyed Jerusalem in A.D. 70. They were Romans. So the coming Prince, who is the antichrist, must be a Roman. Now do you understand why I am so fascinated by St. Malachy’s prophecy concerning the last pope who will be called, “Peter the Roman”?

Revelation chapter 17 details the final judgment of the mystical woman symbolically named Babylon The Great. John the apostle identifies the woman, “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits …” and “And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.” (Revelation 17:9, 18 NKJ) When John wrote this, there was only one city that reigned over the kings of the earth – Rome, which sits on seven hills.

John Paul II was a great and good man. But the coming popes will seize upon the popularity he created with the world. With the help of the media, it is easy to foresee how “Peter the Roman” will be able to mesmerize the world to follow his counterfeit of Christ.

It is time to make sure where you stand with God.

Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

I saw this interesting bible verse. It too talks about pillars. Just sorta fell in my lap the other day...

[quote]I found this using 'Prayers & Blessings Daily' for Android phones!

"Hannah's Prayer":

1 And Hannah prayed and said, 'My heart exults in the LORD; my strength is exalted in the LORD. My mouth derides my enemies, because I rejoice in your salvation.
2 'There is none holy like the LORD; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God.
3 Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth;for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
4 The bows of the mighty are broken, but the feeble bind on strength.
5 Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread, but those who were hungry have ceased to hunger. The barren has borne seven, but she who has many children is forlorn.
6 The LORD kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up.
7 The LORD makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts.
8 He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and on them he has set the world. He will guard the feet of his faithful ones, but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness, for not by might shall a man prevail.
10 The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; against them he will thunder in heaven. The LORD will judge the ends of the earth; he will give strength to his king and exalt the power of his anointed.' (1 Samuel 2 : 1 - 10 - ESV)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Momentum Builds For Pope From The US   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 am

Momentum Builds For Pope From The US. If It Happens, Tom Horn Says It Will Carry HUGE Implications For Antichrist System

The cardinals are gathering in Rome to select Pope Benedict XVI’s successor — and calls are growing for someone hailing from the United States.

Monsignor Anthony Figueiredo, the director of the Pontifical North American College in Rome, told CBS the possibility of an American pope is “not a long shot.”

“The field is wide open,” he said.

One American name tossed about is Cardinal Sean O'Malley, a Boston-based reformer who has hit hard against Catholic Church officials found guilty of sexual misconduct. That aggressive pursuit of sexual offenders, Mr. Figueiredo said, could actually crack the door wider for an American pope.

“The sex abuse scandal was a terrible scourge in the church,” he said, according to CBS. The new pope would have to take the reins on the issue, he said, and “certainly someone like Cardinal O’Malley, who has dealt with the crisis in Boston head-on, is needed to take the Church forward, for the good of the Church and the good of the world.”

New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan said Tuesday he thought it “highly possible” the next pope could come from outside Europe, which would be the first time in history.

“When I was growing up, it was presumed the pope would be an Italian,” he said, according to the New York Times. “And we don’t even think that anymore, do we?”

Xavier L. Suarez, former Miami mayor and Boston Globe columnist, has thrown his support behind Mr. O'Malley.

“There are all kinds of reasons given for Pope Benedict’s resignation, but the main reason, other than his healthy, is likely the clergy sexual abuse scandal. O'Malley played a big role in restoring confidence in the church after sexual abused scandals in Fall River, Boston and Ireland,” he wrote.

Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 am

Papal resignation linked to inquiry into 'Vatican gay officials', says paper
Pope's staff decline to confirm or deny La Repubblica claims linking 'Vatileaks' affair and discovery of 'blackmailed gay clergy'

John Hooper in Rome
The Guardian, Thursday 21 February 2013

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/pope-retired-amid-gay-bishop-blackmail-inquiry
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks, Kitiara. Maybe the "blackmailed gay clergy" discovery will lead to the fall of the Catholic church?
It was David's book which pointed out to me, that when the bible talks of the Roman Empire, it was speaking of a "PAGAN" empire. I think the harolt on the beast is PAGAN-ism. I also feel we wrongly equate Rome with the Vatican and the Catholic Church. Rome didn't become the Vatican until much later.(Rome/Pagans are the ones with the blood of the saints on their hands, not the Catholic Church???) IMHO
I'm trying to read Tom Horns book but just can't get through it. It's too much for my little brain to comprehend. Yes, I listen to Hal Lindsey as well. Maybe I just don't want to see the AC be a catholic priest. That would be plain aweful.
I find this all very interesting and will be WATCHING with the rest of you.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 am

It just doesn't get any better for Pope Benedict XVI.....

Paper reveals skeletons in Benedict's closet

Claim: Faction of gay prelates in Vatican exposed to blackmail by group of male prostitutes
Published: 9 hours ago

(Foreign Policy) If a report on Thursday, Feb. 21, in the Italian newspaper La Repubblica is to be believed, Pope Benedict XVI’s recent decision to resign just got a whole lot more interesting. The paper claims that around the time that Pope Benedict decided to step down, the pontiff learned of a faction of gay prelates in the Vatican who may have been exposed to blackmail by a group of male prostitutes in Rome. The revelations allegedly appeared in a 300-page report by three cardinals that the pope commissioned to investigate the release of internal documents by his butler, the so-called “Vatileaks” scandal. (A Vatican spokesman has refused to confirm or deny La Repubblica’s claims, and the internal Vatican report is reportedly stowed away in a papal safe for Pope Benedict’s successor to peruse.)

Seen in the context of Pope Benedict’s career in the Catholic Church, it is difficult to understand why revelations of yet another sex scandal would push him to resign.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/paper-reveals-skeletons-in-benedicts-closet/#GGU5Vq6Xd2At1qsi.99

Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 am

Blessed1313 wrote:
Catching up on reading the threads today and this one is very interesting!!! I did not know that Jerusalem had been given over to the Vatican!! I was remembering how about 2 years ago when the Pope had a huge mass ceremony on May 11, at the base of the Mount of Olives and thought then that it was strange.
However Laibscon, I have been seeing a lot of dreams and visions written about a megaquake to occur this year. Today I just finished reading a thread where the poster said that he has been watching patterns of the earthquakes and because of the recent one in the arctic area of Russia (6.9), that he expects to see within 24hrs another 7.5 or greater in Japan...........then after that a megaquake for Japan within 72 hrs. I pray not, but with looking at rsoe recently........it is possible. Things seem to be revving up......last pope?? quakes over 6 every week, laws being changed weekly, nations threatning another, comets, asteroids...........IDK 2013 is coming at us hard. Thank God for the fellowship we have here!!!

That's interesting. I am also keeping a close watch of the earthquakes and I can see patterns too, there were times that I knew where the next will hit based on the patterns (but not the magnitude). I strongly believe that the EQs were not random but I can not say if these were man-made or spiritual-influenced, can be both probably, considering how there are people and groups being controlled by the enemy.

Sometimes, I just ignore it all. It only scares me. I leave it to the hands of God because He knows everything. Let what should happen, happen. I myself is tired of this world and spiritual war. But then again, we still have a mission here on earth, spread the Gospel. Which is more important now than ever.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013   Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns, effective Thursday, February 28, 2013
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2