Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) Empty
PostSubject: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Not going to venture into the dark side here with jokes or sarcasm. As much as John McCain has earned our everlasting loathing for his politics and such he’s still in need of prayer. I don’t wish him any personal ill will but I do think his career in politics is probably over for good. If that happens I give thanks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/19/sen-john-mccain-has-brain-tumor-hospital-says.html

Fox News wrote:
Arizona Sen. John McCain has a brain tumor, the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix announced on Wednesday.

The announcement follows a procedure that McCain, 80, had on July 14 in which he had a blood clot removed from above his left eye.

"Further consultations with Senator McCain's Mayo Clinic care team will indicate when he will return to the United States Senate," his office said in a statement.

"Subsequent tissue pathology revealed that a primary brain tumor known as a glioblastoma was associated with the blood clot," the hospital said.

“Scanning done since the procedure (a minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision) shows that the tissue of concern was completely resected by imaging criteria.

“The Senator and his family are reviewing further treatment options with his Mayo Clinic care team. Treatment options may include a combination of chemotherapy and radiation."

McCain ran for president twice. He lost the GOP nomination to George W. Bush in 2000 and was the Republican nominee in the 2008 election before losing to Barack Obama in the general election.

“John McCain is a hero to our Conference and a hero to our country," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement. "He has never shied from a fight and I know that he will face this challenge with the same extraordinary courage that has characterized his life. The entire Senate family’s prayers are with John, Cindy and his family, his staff, and the people of Arizona he represents so well."

“We all look forward to seeing this American hero again soon,” McConnell said.

As for the statement below:
SIT ON IT AN ROTATE, McConnell !!!!

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wrote:
“John McCain is a hero to our Conference and a hero to our country," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement. "He has never shied from a fight and I know that he will face this challenge with the same extraordinary courage that has characterized his life. The entire Senate family’s prayers are with John, Cindy and his family, his staff, and the people of Arizona he represents so well."

“We all look forward to seeing this American hero again soon,” McConnell said.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 9:13 pm

i am a two time cancer survivor....cancer can be beaten.....i hold a special place in my heart for cancer patients and other survivors and i suffer with each person that dies from it....it is no different with john mccain, as much as i loathe the man....he is now part of my family, albeit the black sheep, but he gets my support now, but if he does beat this, i hope he retires
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 pm

michael371 wrote:
i am a two time cancer survivor....cancer can be beaten.....i hold a special place in my heart for cancer patients and other survivors and i suffer with each person that dies from it....it is no different with john mccain, as much as i loathe the man....he is now part of my family, albeit the black sheep, but he gets my support now, but if he does beat this, i hope he retires

I hope he recovers too and like you both said, I hope he retires.   He needs too.  
Cancer is a real downer, that's for sure.  My dad died from it and I found out a couple of years ago that I have the slow leukemia type and this week my oncologist told me I'm probably looking at treatments in about a year from now.  Had my second CT scans in the past six months this week along with blood work and blood counts have gone up much faster than they should.  They never have stabilized.  The drug that they would probably start me on was introduced in 2014 and has done fairly good according to the press..... the bad part is that you take 3 pills daily and a months supply runs around $11,000.  Yes, I said that correctly.  So don't get me started on pharmaceutical companies.  If that is the way they go, then I'm hoping I can stall treatment until I turn 65 and medicare along with some supplemental insurance.  But then, you do what you have to do.  I have Blue Cross now, so that will hopefully help some... not all, but some.
Oh well, life is interesting, isn't it?  Michael371..... so glad you recovered from your cancer ordeals.  That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 6:24 am

rawblues, i have a cousin who has been living with chronic leukemia for years.....it sounds like they found out about yours really early, so you should do well....i had two friends who died from it because they didn't know they had it until it was too far gone....the sad thing is, one of them , doug, the paper work was lost after they originally found out about the leukemia....he was never contacted until 8 years later....he did treatments and lived several years after treatments....the other, joe robert, went to the damned VA and they never told him that his bloodwork was messed up....(things like this are what will happen to a single payer system, if its is ever implemented)......the bad cell count went bad for a decade, he found out later....they never mentioned it.....my thought is in both cases is "how does this happen?".....rawblues, i got good news for you, BC/BS is my insurance,also......i know osambocare has messed all things up, but i don't think that you'll pay as much as you think....
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 9:55 am

Thanks Michael371.   Before I do any treatments I'll go out to MD Anderson and get more input.  There's been some good advancements within the past 2 or 3 years.  Some say there may be a cure for it before too long based on the way progress is advancing in it's research.  For now, I feel fine physically and if I had not been told I would not even be aware that anything is wrong.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 10:34 am

unfortunately, ole buddy, there will never be a cure for it....do you know why?...there is too damned much money involved...a lot more financial rewards in "treating it" and "doing research"....think about it
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Glioblastoma is an ugly form of cancer. I've seen at least five types take lives of people I love. The one I fear the most is colon cancer, with glioblastoma being a close second. One of the scary things about glioblastoma that is scary to me, is that they can think they have gotten it all, but the....let's say...seeds that are left behind (just because I am having very bad mental fog today :/), are so small they can easily be missed. Therefore, it can often come back even thought the doctors are as sure as possible they got it all.

While I strongly disagree with much of McCain's politics, and I like to joke about everything, this is something I won't joke about!! I hope he does as well as possible with this sickness. The good thing for him is he will have the best care available, being in the position he is in.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Probably don't need to remind folks that David Flynn died of glioblastoma multiforme, the same exact  thing McCain has been diagnosed with. It's like David was here and healthy one day and a few months later he was gone - snap - just that quick. Look at the wiki on this . . . devastating! If McCain is still alive this time next year I would call it a miracle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glioblastoma

From Wiki wrote:
The most common length of survival following diagnosis is 12 to 15 months, with fewer than 3% to 5% of people surviving longer than five years. Without treatment survival is typically 3 months.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Josephus wrote:
Glioblastoma is an ugly form of cancer. I've seen at least five types take lives of people I love. The one I fear the most is colon cancer, with glioblastoma being a close second. One of the scary things about glioblastoma that is scary to me, is that they can think they have gotten it all, but the....let's say...seeds that are left behind (just because I am having very bad mental fog today :/), are so small they can easily be missed. Therefore, it can often come back even thought the doctors are as sure as possible they got it all.

While I strongly disagree with much of McCain's politics, and I like to joke about everything, this is something I won't joke about!! I hope he does as well as possible with this sickness. The good thing for him is he will have the best care available, being in the position he is in.
if colon cancer scares you, get your butt scopes done....i survived colorectal cancer, although i didn't get my recommended butt scope when i turned 50....had i done that, i would be in much better shape than i am now, because they would have gotten it in the polyp stage or early stage 2....i really should be dead, i think.....lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)   Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hospital Says John McCain Has a Brain Tumor (this is NOT a joke or sarcasm)
Page 1 of 1