Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something Nice Today (and last week too)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bordercollie

bordercollie

Something Nice Today (and last week too) Empty
PostSubject: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Last week had 2,  no 3 obviously great things happen to me. within minutes of each other.  I have blessed  things happen all the time but these were knock over with a feather things..
 First one... I use a  long red nylon  popping whip to get the cows and bulls attention when herding them around.  I use the sound not pain to get them to mind. Well, I had lost it  while working (vaccinating) cows the week before and I happened to remember the last time I used it. I went and looked but no luck.. Then the  thought popped in my head look again in the same place.. There it was.. I was happy-$20 saved. Then as I was driving back up the pasture from there,, I saw a limb on the fence right next to the neighbor's
soybean field.. I was so grateful for this  second glance to  see the potential  food source  entrance to soybean field  for the cows... then on my way to take the limb off and repair the area, I practically stepped over a big water moccasin ... I sang praises of thanks to Him for this protection. !!
 Then this morning I woke up with a terrible headache and thought I could sure use an extra $500.. had a few things to sell on ebay  but no where near that.. I've had it on my heart to send a donation to  ***  and Guess What..   I got a refund in the mail for $453.. !!  Hallelujah.
 There are many more  shields of comfort and prayers answered  too . Thank you to the Lord.   judy
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Awesome!!!! Thank God for keeping you from the snake!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Praise be to Him from whom all Blessings flow!  Wonderful reports, Judy!  Keep posting them as they are encouragements!  Wink

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Thank ya'll Delphi and Dove. I have a really inspiring story about a calf.. if I haven't already mentioned it. that is..  I'll try to copy and paste  the happening off of my fb  page which I never use but maybe 2x a year. Thanks again!  judy
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:15 pm

.The weekend following Thanksgiving we worked cows and it took all day. We looked at the numbers of those worked and realized we were a cow short.. It was getting dark though so we didn't look for her , thinking she was hidden in the woods with a new calf. The next day, we found her- she was standing beside her calf. It was at least a day old and had never stood up to nurse.so we loaded it up and brought it home to the barn and brought the momma on the trailer. We gave the calf some shots and a bottle hoping for the best..  the following happened.
 I've been working with the calf the past 2 weeks. It would drink from the bottle while laying down and then plop over and sleep the first couple of days. I had several  nights of wideawakes because I knew I had a very short time to get it standing up .. I  had the answer when I woke up one morning and went to work rigging up a hoist for the "little" over 100 lb  thing. I came up with a hoist/sling and worked with his legs , turning and keeping him on dry hay daily when he was let down . Up an hour , 3 times a day in the beginning and increasing time up as days went on. One day, I was exercising his legs back and forth and had very little response ( no pulling back). I was getting discouraged because I have been on the failure end of this situation more than once  in past years.  I was already on my knees and I said "Lord what am I to do"?   "Should I keep trying or should I give up"?  " I need to know  Lord ". then, a definite warm  breeze blew over me that cold day and I knew to keep trying.At that instant,  I looked at the laying down calf and his once half open eyes were bright and full- his head was up. I knew without doubt to try another week  because the thought "one more week try hard" popped into my head.
 The vet came by to check our remaining bulls that are for sale and although he didn't look at the calf he gave an  educated opinion about it being impossible to overcome such oxygen deprived injury (birth trauma)- no leg movement etc.. . I told the vet I was giving him another week.. He told me" Knock yourself out  and good luck". I said again, I'm giving  him another week. 
 When feeding him in the sling I ratcheted him  up in the sling with a come a long, I would pull back on the bottle and get him to move his legs and before long, he could lunge for the bottle. Use those muscles I told him.This process has been going on for well over a week.He got stronger and stronger.
  I positioned the mother cow's food pan so the udders would be near his sling . I shoved him over to sniff them and  she kicked a bit but not too bad. Then he latched onto one and then another and she let him nurse. 
Since it had been around 2 weeks since his birth, I wasn't sure how much milk she had  so after he was finished , I offered him half a bottle and, as he was sucking it down, I reached over and undone his sling. He gently took baby steps and followed me across the stable. He stayed on his feet about about 10 minutes with no support. He fell and couldn't get up on his own but he is improving every day and there is  genuine hope for more improvement. He has come so far. I think with more therapy  he will continue to improve. I would grab his tail and pull backwards as I did this,  he would then attempt tp stand and did so
I believe in prayers ,miracles  . Yes I do - thanks to the Lord. That wind blowing over me at that moment was amazing   ...wow !! 

The calf continued to improve and joined a small herd  with is mama . There he learned to run and be a normal calf. 
 I did leave a lot  out such as fighting the bed sores, which with  prayerful diligence, overcame. and those particularly cold nights into weeks at the barn to treat him. It was a tough fight  for his survival. I knew the Lord expected me to work at it and I did so. 
  Somewhere, I have a  1 minute video of his first steps and  me thanking the Lord  as his feet moved- truly a blessing of encouragement to anyone feeling overwhelmed.   I Believe in Him!    judy   
Something Nice Today (and last week too) Modify_inline

Last edited by bordercollie on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Well, since you went to a story of cows and calf's, may I share one of my favorite Kent Hovind stories with ya? This makes me laugh every time I hear it. I hope that you'll laugh with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG14CxCJymo

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Ha !!! ! Been there  and done that multiple times - Researcher, but -  usually without the  mechanical puller  hanging in the tack room, just using special chains with handles, lube  and a ton of prayers to give us strength !  judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Nice Today (and last week too)   Something Nice Today (and last week too) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something Nice Today (and last week too)
Page 1 of 1