Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coyote attacks two small children at park

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Coyote attacks two small children at park Empty
PostSubject: Coyote attacks two small children at park   Coyote attacks two small children at park I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:27 pm

2:22 AM, May 19, 2013 | comments

KUSA- Wildlife officials are looking for the coyote they say attacked two small children at a Colorado Springs park.

Both attacks happened between 6 and 7 p.m. on Thursday at Goose Gossage Park. Wildlife officials responded to the park just after 6 for the first attack on a four-year-old girl.

"She had been knocked down. The coyote nipped her in the behind," said Parks and Wildlife spokesman Michael Seraphin. "She was not injured and her skin was not broken. Her clothes were not torn."

They searched the area for the coyote, but could not find it. Less than an hour later they were called back to the park for another attack on a little girl. Seraphin says the child's mother caught her at the bottom of a slide, and then set her down so that she could catch her son who was coming down the slide behind her. While she focused on her son, the coyote bit the little girl.

"She did suffer a gash wound in the front of her forehead above her eye and in the back of her head a couple of gashes there," Seraphin said. "She had some stitches put in and during the procedure began to get rabies shots as a precautionary measure."

Wildlife officials believe the same coyote is responsible for both attacks. They're searching for the animal and will put it down.

(heck Barbra Boxer says guns in national parks threaten national security??) (coyote in a forest area is a needle in a hay stack, if more americans used the right to carry maybe it would already be dead!)
dave
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Coyote attacks two small children at park   Coyote attacks two small children at park I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 1:03 pm

The researcher policy on coyotes . . . . SOS!!!

Shoot on sight!
Back to top Go down
fishesnloaves

PostSubject: Re: Coyote attacks two small children at park   Coyote attacks two small children at park I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:54 pm

We have them all over the place in Colorado...saw one in my neighborhood in the South Denver 'burbs just last week, and we hear them at night somewhat often. They will grab small pets from tall fenced yards with no issue, despite a huge boom in the local rabbit population. This was not a forest park either... middle of Colorado Springs and within a half mile of I-25 that goes through the center of the center of town. Folks think too often that they are just huskies or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Coyote attacks two small children at park   Coyote attacks two small children at park I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Huskies!? They must be huge. Smile Every coyote I ever saw was lean and tan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coyote attacks two small children at park   Coyote attacks two small children at park I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1