Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk Empty
PostSubject: Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk   Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 1:42 pm

This is suppose to be available for free on YouTube this weekend however I was blocked from viewing because of the country I’m in. I was able to get it (and download/save) from HookTube though. I haven’t watched but it sounds interesting. Sorry that HookTube won’t embed however you have the link below. See Daily Mail article link below for the full story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5585185/We-forced-serve-immortal-ROBOT-DICTATOR-warns-billionaire-Elon-Musk.html

Daily Mail Excerpt wrote:
Elon Musk has famously compared AI to 'summoning the devil'.

Now the Tesla billionaire claims the technology could lead to the creation of immortal robot leaders from which humanity can never escape.

His comments were made in the new documentary 'Do You Trust This Computer?' by Chris Paine which premiered in Los Angeles last night.

The documentary explores the potential advantages and dangers of AI.

In it, an impassioned Musk talks about the nightmarish possibility that AI built by authoritarian governments could outlast individual leaders.

This, he say, will create a permanent structure of oppression.

We could create 'an immortal dictator from which we would never escape,' he claims.

[SEE LINK FOR MORE]

I was unable to download and save the high def version but the standard def version downloaded just fine. I just checked the video quality in my media player and it came out crisp and perfect. Video is ~80 minutes long. Scanning through and stopping at various places this documentary looks very interesting and as I said, it looks & sounds great.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=7o4dhpzJlss

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk   Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2018 5:26 pm

I just finished watching this and it was very interesting. It's very well done without a lot of dystopian end of the world drama, though it does go there in places. Professionally done 5 star video. You could give this to someone who is asleep to watch and probably not be lumped in as an alarmist conspiracy theorist Luddite nut job.

Well, that's my evaluation anyway. This didn't waste 80 minutes of my time.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down

Do You Trust This Computer? New AI Documentary by Elon Musk
Page 1 of 1