Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood Empty
PostSubject: Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood   Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 am

Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood _h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse
Age Fotostock. Japanese scientists cloned a valuable lab mouse from a single drop of blood.

A team of Japanese scientists developed a method of cloning a mouse capable of reproduction from a single drop of blood.

A team of Japanese scientists has cloned a mouse from a single drop of blood, demonstrating for the first time that mice can be duplicated using "circulating blood cells."

Announcing their findings in Biology of Reproduction, the researchers described how they took blood from the tail of a donor mouse, isolated the white blood cells and used the nuclei for cloning trials. This process is called somatic nuclear cell transfer, the same cloning technique scientists used to produce Dolly the sheep in 1996, the BBC reported.

The cloned female mouse lived a full life and was able to reproduce, the researchers told the BBC. They added that the easy availability of the circulating blood cells gives them hope that they can now reproduce more scientifically valuable lab mice.

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/mouse-cloned-from-just-a-drop-of-blood
Back to top Go down

Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood   Mouse cloned from just a drop of blood I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:20 am

For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul.  Lev. 17:11
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1