Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls. Empty
PostSubject: EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls.   EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 am

http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=495

I'm forwarding you a message that I received from the State Department. I'm still on their e-mailing list from my time in Kuwait. I never received an e-mail like this in my four years while over there. Something's brewing
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens – August 1, 2013

The Department of State has instructed certain U.S. Embassies and Consulates to remain closed or to suspend operations on Sunday, August 4. The Department has been apprised of information that, out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations, indicates we should institute these precautionary steps. It is possible we may have additional days of closings as well, depending on our analysis. Accordingly, the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait will be closed on Sunday, August 4.

All U.S. citizen services appointments and visa appointments have been cancelled and have been rescheduled on an individual basis. For further information, please contact the Consular Section at consularkuwaitm@state.gov.

The Department, when conditions warrant, takes steps like this to balance our continued operations with security and safety. However, beyond this announcement we do not discuss specific threat information, security considerations or measures, or other steps we may be taking.

For further information, we refer you to the Worldwide Caution put out by the Department dated February 19, 2013, repeated below:
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_4787.html.

As a matter of general practice, U.S. citizens should avoid areas where large gatherings may occur. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.

Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance, take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow instructions of local authorities.

We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Kuwait enroll in the Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. embassy or nearest U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you don't have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

For the latest security information, U.S. citizens traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department of State's Internet website at travel.state.gov where the Worldwide Caution, Country Specific Information, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts can be found. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well. Download our free Smart Traveler app, available through iTunes or Google Play, to have travel information at your fingertips.

Up to date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the United States and Canada, or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

The U.S. Embassy is located at Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa Street, Block 6, Plot 14, Bayan, Kuwait. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of emergency assistance in Kuwait, you may reach the U.S. Embassy by calling +965-2259-1001 and requesting the duty officer.
Aug 1, 2013

http://johngaltfla.com/wordpress/2013/08/02/a-hint-of-war-federal-railroad-administration-issues-emergency-order-for-trains-with-hazardous-materials/

A Hint of War? Federal Railroad Administration Issues Emergency Order for Trains with Hazardous Materials

by John Galt
August  2, 2013 18:50 ET

This sounds like the type of order only given during wartime or imminent terrorist threat. Direct from the DOT/Federal Railroad Administration website:

FRA Emergency Order No 28 Notice No 1
see document at link above
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Rep. Peter King says Al Qaeda threat is 'very specific'   EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:37 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/03/rep-peter-king-says-al-qaeda-threat-is-very-specific-as-us-issues-travel-alert/

Rep. Peter King says Al Qaeda threat is 'very specific' as US issues travel alert
Published August 03, 2013
FoxNews.com

US issues global travel alert over terror threat
Terror threats have embassies closing
Embassies close in Middle East

The Al Qaeda threat that prompted the State Department to issue a worldwide travel alert and close down 21 embassies and consulates for the weekend is serious and 'very specific,' Rep. Peter King, chairman of the Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, said Friday.

“We’re not certain exactly where something might happen but it’s very specific as to when and it’s also very specific as to the fact that it is going to happen, so we have to be on alert everywhere,” the New York Republican told WINS-AM.

The travel alert was the first of its kind since an announcement preceding the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It came as Washington prepared to close its embassies and consulates throughout the Muslim world this Sunday over security concerns.

U.S. officials have not offered many details on the nature of the threat, but apparently are taking it seriously.

A White House official said Friday night President Obama was being updated on "a potential threat occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula."

"There is a significant threat stream and we're reacting to it," said Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He told ABC News in an interview to be aired Sunday that the threat was "more specific" than previous ones and the "intent is to attack Western, not just U.S. interests."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/03/rep-peter-king-says-al-qaeda-threat-is-very-specific-as-us-issues-travel-alert/#ixzz2avOYMwgU
MORE@LINK ABOVE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls.   EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 0-s B-day at end of Ramadan   EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:45 am

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=283864
INTERESTING 'TAKE' ON THE EMBASSY CLOSINGS

Posted By: food4thought
Date: Saturday, 3-Aug-2013 22:06:03

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls.   EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EMBASSIES CLOSE 4TH -- Emergency Order for Trains Hazardous Matls.
Page 1 of 1