Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'

Go down 
AuthorMessage

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' Empty
PostSubject: This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'   This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:36 am

August 16th, 2013

This week, I will wrap up my examination of the warnings found in the epistle to the Hebrew Christians in Judea. If you recall, the writer of Hebrews accused them of devaluing the sacrifice made by Jesus when He paid our sin debt once for all. 

How did they devalue that sacrifice of grace? By returning to the animal sacrifices of the old covenant after they had been illuminated to the fact that the death of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary fulfilled and took away the validity of those sacrifices. So to return to those things that were merely a shadow of His sacrifice -- and celebrate them -- was the same as crucifying the Son of God all over again and putting Him to open shame. 

And why did they do this grievous thing? So that they would blend in with the other Jews and not draw attention to the fact that they were new believers in Jesus Christ. They put Christ to open shame to avoid persecution by the religious authorities of their day. 

As the world turns up the heat on Christians and the demonic spirit of "political correctness" and intolerance makes it more and more dangerous to press the claims of Christ, the temptation for us will be to keep our mouths shut. But Jesus told us to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. He also told us to make disciples of all nations. And you can do neither if you don't speak up. 

But there will come a day -- and soon, I believe -- that it may well be illegal to proclaim that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and heaven. It's already becoming difficult to express Christ's views on the sanctity of life and the Bible's definition of marriage. 

When that day comes, we need to be prepared to stand firm and boldly give a reason for our faith. But, in order to do that, we need to have a strong foundation built on the promises of God. Not only do we need to know them, but we need to believe them. 

This week, I'm going to share with you some of the greatest promises of God that will help you when those days of persecution come. But they'll also help you now, as you face the trials and rigors of daily life. It's never too late to begin stocking up on the spiritual resources that will provide sustenance, power, and stamina for what lies ahead. 

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, The Word Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Please check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1