Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'

Go down 
AuthorMessage

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' Empty
PostSubject: This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'   This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report' I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:27 am

A new school year has begun. I'm sure that kids today feel much the same excitement and dread that previous generations felt as they faced the new academic year. 

Young people have a lot on their minds, but I doubt if any of them are worried about poison in the schoolhouse. Nevertheless, that's the great danger in our schools - poison. Not from some unknown pollutant lurking in the walls, lead in the paint, or asbestos in the ceiling. It's a mental and spiritual poison skulking in the schools' books, films, and curricula. 

This kind of poison kills more thoroughly than cyanide, but, thankfully, there is an antidote. Last year on this program, I took you on a tour of education in America, focusing mostly on high school. This week, let's graduate and head for college. 

You've heard me discuss my years on America's campuses. You've heard me warn about the alarming rise of Marxism and Communism on those campuses. I've told you about the unbelievable tide of atheism, agnosticism, and secularism that is crashing through the faculties and student bodies of America's universities. 

Suffice it to say that when your child goes away to a public or private secular university, you may not recognize him or her when they return home. That's how devastatingly effective university faculties have become at corrupting and co-opting our children. 

But now those educators have embarked on a new tactic. No longer are they seeking to influence your children away from America's founding values of personal responsibility, free enterprise, and democracy, they're actually bent on destroying their basic moral and spiritual values. 

But remember that this rot at the top doesn't just stay there, it trickles down to everything below. America's universities set the agenda for our public schools. They create curricula for preschoolers as much as they do for college freshmen. Politicians and media turn to academics for answers on everything from global warming to how to raise your children. 

So if we see poison bubbling up in the universities, be assured that it spreads from there to all of society -- including pulpits, newscasts, entertainment, and government -- with stunning speed and efficiency. 

This week, we'll take a look at some of the outrageous developments on America's college and university campuses. 

John F. Kennedy once said, "Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan."The disastrous American foreign policy of the last few years has even its architects disclaiming it. Most observers believe that the Islamic State, or ISIS, has succeeded at least partly because of the vacuum created when U.S. forces left Iraq three years ago. 

In 2011, many analysts felt that President Obama didn't push for a long-term U.S. presence in Iraq because he didn't want one. He didn't appreciate the strategic advantage of a U.S. force on the ground in that key location. 

One of the critics of that position now was complicit in that decision back then. In her new book, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton criticizes Obama for that choice. Also, now she wishes the U.S. had empowered the "moderate" Syrian rebels with weapons and air support two years ago. Some Republican leaders echo that sentiment. They think that, if we had done that, Assad would be gone, the "moderate" Islamic opposition would be running Syria today, and ISIS would never have been born. 

I disagree. I believe the phrase "moderate Muslim rebels" is an oxymoron. Those three words just don't go together. 

I think that if we had poured money, arms, and air support for the Muslim rebels into Syria then, it would ultimately have been to the even greater benefit of ISIS. Today, ISIS would not only be ruling eastern Syria and northern Iraq, but the ISIS flag would be flying over Damascus. All of Syria, with its hidden chemical weapons, its anti-aircraft systems, its tanks and heavy armor, and its sophisticated air power would be under the control of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and his new caliphate. 

Israel and Jordan would be directly under its guns and the entire Middle East would be even more a cauldron of violence than it is today. 

President Obama has read the polling on the wall, and now he wants to increase our assistance to those same "moderate" elements in the Syrian Muslim opposition. But if he really believed in a "moderate" opposition, wouldn't he have armed them two years ago?

The world scene feels like a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces cannot be made to fit and there's no picture on the box to show us how it's supposed to look when completed. 

But there is an answer. And, believe it or not, ultra-controversial conservative columnist Ann Coulter may have inadvertently implied it as far back as September 14, 2001. And, believe it or not once again, it turns out to be Jesus. 

With all of the confusion and the differing opinions; the misinformation and the political posturing; the fear and the growing apprehension, it is becoming clear that nothing men and their governments and their armies can do will stop the rise of the false religion of Islam and its devastating impact on the world. 

Only the Gospel of Christ can stand against radical Islam. We hold in our Bibles and in our hearts the antidote to Islamic jihad. It's called "the truth." And in the Bible, truth has a name: Jesus. 

A quarter of the world's Muslims live in Africa. If not for the Christian missionary movement of the last two centuries, the African continent would be solidly and radically Muslim today. In 1900, there were only 9 million Christians in all of Africa. Today, there are over 330 million. If present trends continue, by 2025 there will be more than 630 million. 

Those Christians stand on the front lines against Islam. And their growth has prevented the complete capture of that continent by radical Muslims. 

That's why we need to uphold in prayer our brothers and sisters in Christ across the world. As I've told you before, and we're seeing in the news almost every day, many of our fellow believers are paying the ultimate price for their confession. 

Only the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is strong enough to defeat the powers of darkness. It's now obvious that the power of man cannot. That same truth is also the antidote for the lies that poison our classrooms. 

In Matthew 9, Jesus Himself offered a prayer request. He said, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest." With the ripened, bountiful fields standing before us -- and harvest time growing dangerously short -- Jesus wants each of us to pray that prayer. He also wants each of us to be the answer to that prayer. 

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, The Word Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.com. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1