Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Images of the Colorado floods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Images of the Colorado floods Empty
PostSubject: Images of the Colorado floods   Images of the Colorado floods I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:34 am

http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/12/photos-massive-flash-flooding-along-front-range-of-colorado/#1
Back to top Go down
fishesnloaves

PostSubject: Re: Images of the Colorado floods   Images of the Colorado floods I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Pretty horrible stuff out here.  Thankfully, we are in a spot that has not gotten THAT much rain, but we still have got 6-7 inches over the last week.  Even that much is crazy for Colorado, let alone 18-20 inches.  It simply does not happen like that here...even a huge snowstorm is usually only 3-4 inches of precipitation (On average, depending on the temperature, you get something like 6-12 inches of snow per inch of water). 

It is raining again today and heading back to the same areas already affected by flooding.  Entire communities are blocked by water and roads washed away that were the only access in or out.  Looks like we get to start drying out by Tuesday, but still a long way off.

Praying for my "neighbors up the hill and on the plain"...
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Images of the Colorado floods   Images of the Colorado floods I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:16 pm

New Mexico has been taking a pounding from rain and flooding too. Las Vegas Nevada is looking at some of the same too. Hey, back when the fire was threatening in Spring's area I prayed and asked for rain to help quench the fires and I also asked Him at the same time for rain to break the parched southwestern area of the country and asked for His help to fill our depleting lakes and reservoirs. All I can say is that "I guess He heard my prayers and He answered". We sure need the water however not all at once. LORD, if you would consider spreading the rain out some we would sure be grateful. Thank You and amen.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/sep/15/parts-of-nm-brace-for-more-rain-clean-up-begins/

Quote :
Parts of NM brace for more rain, clean up begins

Images of the Colorado floods 8f5bb905-9c88-40f8-8f89-71169e7986efnews.ap.org_t940
La Union residents snap photos with their cell phone cameras while others look on in disbelief at what was once San Antonio Street before flood waters demolished the entire roadway, leaving many residents in La Union, N.M. stranded in their homes, Friday, Sept. 13, 2013. Previously drought-stricken rivers surged their banks across New Mexico on Friday, closing roads, stranding children at schools and forcing evacuation from Las Vegas to Truth or Consequences from "life-threatening" floods. (AP P — AP

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Another round of rainfall moved across New Mexico on Sunday, renewing the threat of heavy runoff from already saturated soils and flooding in low areas as residents faced a major cleanup effort from damage left in the wake of days of relentless rain.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for much of central and northern New Mexico. In the northeastern corner of the state, where the chance for heavy rain was greatest, residents who live along the Gallinas River were being warned that the waterway could swell again.{MORE AT LINK}
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Images of the Colorado floods   Images of the Colorado floods I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:25 am

Colorado's richest oil field — the Denver-Julesburg Basin — is buried in floodwaters, raising operational and environmental concerns, as state and industry officials work to get a handle on the problem.
Thousands of wells and operating sites have been affected — some remain in rushing waters, officials said.
"The scale is unprecedented," said Mike King, executive director of the Colorado Department of Natural Resources. "We will have to deal with environmental contamination from whatever source."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24107038/state-and-industry-struggle-assess-damage-flooded-oil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Images of the Colorado floods   Images of the Colorado floods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Images of the Colorado floods
Page 1 of 1