Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A bit of personal research

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyro

Spyro

A bit of personal research Empty
PostSubject: A bit of personal research   A bit of personal research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 am

recently I've heard a mixed bag of views on how a marriage of Man and Woman is to be done. I'm interested in how you think a marriage should be done before God.

I don't want to debate things, I'm just curious what others think.

I'll give you my personal view. I believe a commitment to one woman/man is a marriage. Rings/legal documents are a sign within my culture that identifies a couple as married, though it's not the actual marriage.

Curiosity is the inheritance of mankind. Frequently we want to know something only because it needs to be kept secret.

Just as luck appears in three so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it you don't say anything, and if you're told you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes. In our world, if you miss the first sign you're dead let alone all three signs

My blog: http://timeisdistance.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
sixminks

sixminks

PostSubject: Re: A bit of personal research   A bit of personal research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 pm

The marriage should be witnessed or recognized by the couples family in some way and God should be invited to bless and lead the union. Even without the papers from the government.
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: A bit of personal research   A bit of personal research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:59 pm

sixminks wrote:
The marriage should be witnessed or recognized by the couples family in some way and God should be invited to bless and lead the union. Even without the papers from the government.
i agree with you here

i have wondered though,what if i was stranded on an island with a beautiful woman,surely im not staying single...lol....could we both just stand before God and be married......ofcourse this is an extreme example A bit of personal research 4181444827
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: A bit of personal research   A bit of personal research I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Yes.....you could......all you have to do is see how it was done in Biblical times and how much it has changed......so even today it's not the same....and the license only came in for making money!
another question....When did the tradition of a bride wearing white start? I would love to know as I have a wedding photo of my parents from way back in the 1930's and mum is wearing a navy blue dress as well as of other photo's of brides from that erra I have seen....so....when did the white dress start?
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: A bit of personal research   A bit of personal research I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 am

A prenuptial is a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A bit of personal research   A bit of personal research I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A bit of personal research
Page 1 of 1