Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

we have white smoke!

Go down 
+10
Pony1
billetman
michael371
Kitiara
moko
wil
karmur
Spyro
Delfi
Proskuneo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

we have white smoke!  Empty
PostSubject: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:22 pm

This is exciting! Wonder who!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Did you see the pic on drudge? I believe it's the crucifixion of Peter.
Back to top Go down
Spyro

Spyro

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:34 pm

My Wife just text me the news. I wonder who it is... It was fast.

Curiosity is the inheritance of mankind. Frequently we want to know something only because it needs to be kept secret.

Just as luck appears in three so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it you don't say anything, and if you're told you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes. In our world, if you miss the first sign you're dead let alone all three signs

My blog: http://timeisdistance.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
karmur

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:46 pm

And on the 13th of the third month, 2013! Interesting...
Back to top Go down
karmur

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:52 pm

"And at approximately 7:06 local time" 7+0+6 = 13!
Back to top Go down
Spyro

Spyro

PostSubject: White smoke   we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Curiosity is the inheritance of mankind. Frequently we want to know something only because it needs to be kept secret.

Just as luck appears in three so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it you don't say anything, and if you're told you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes. In our world, if you miss the first sign you're dead let alone all three signs

My blog: http://timeisdistance.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Can't wait for the real Jesus to come!

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down
wil

wil

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:10 pm

He may take the name Pope Pius XIII... 13th!!!
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:12 pm

yea...the 13 is everywhere
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Isn't St Francis of Assisi the patron saint of beasts? Smile
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Pope bergoglio sp? Taking the name Francis
Back to top Go down
wil

wil

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Hmmm... I have a feeling this new Pope is not the one... the story may not be over yet.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio from Argentina has been elected the new leader of the Catholic Church. He will now be known as Pope Francis I.
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm

lets start analyzing the name : )
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 pm

I beat you to it up above. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Delfi wrote:
I beat you to it up above. Smile

Oops! Yes, you did! bounce
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:36 pm

I couldn't resist! Smile it was so obvious Wink
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:38 pm

That's what I get for being in a hurry! rapture
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Oh, Smile did you post it? I didn't see it, I'm on my phone. Well it was a bit of a let down or something. I was expecting to be floored Smile. Oh well, back to work! Smile
Back to top Go down
karmur

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 pm

He's a Jesuit, is 76 years old, born on December 17, 1936 and ordained to the priesthood on December 13, 1969.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Wikipedia says his father was Italian.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:53 pm

this is all a bunch of hooey
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Oh Kitiara , I was talking to Moko, about analyzing the name, it got confused when I merged the posts. Smile xo
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Now I get it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm

michael371 wrote:
this is all a bunch of hooey

I think the cooler re-moderned word is 'hokum'. Smile
Back to top Go down
wil

wil

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm

The RCC knew the Prophecy of the Popes very well... they may have deliberately elected one with no "Peter" in his name to disprove the Malachy's Prophecy and thwart the inevitable. Just watch... we may see an O.Henry's moment when this story ends with a surprise "twist."
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 pm

wil wrote:
The RCC knew the Prophecy of the Popes very well... they may have deliberately elected one with no "Peter" in his name to disprove the Malachy's Prophecy and thwart the inevitable. Just watch... we may see an O.Henry's moment when this story ends with a surprise "twist."
Agreed. There's more to this story......
Back to top Go down
karmur

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:13 pm

I believe the fact that he is a Jesuit is VERY important, especially with the alien agenda.
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:43 pm

well i believe the rrc is trying to make Malachys prophecy come true....just not being obvious....like what happened with pope Benedict....he chose this after....and it has a relationship with the Olive.
like mentioined here from wnd,on Tom Horn's book
"The sources further argue that by selecting “Benedict” as his papal name, Cardinal Josef Ratzinger, though not a priest of the Benedictine Order, sought to identify his papacy with Malachy’s prohecy that the next-to-last pope would be identified by the epithet Gloria olivae, translated as “Glory of the Olive,” knowing the Benedictine Order is associated by tradition with olives."

so ill bet you his name now,or to be anounced,will be related to peter the roman.
they just want us to wait alittle,so it doesnt seem obvious they are planning it behind the scenes along....lol Wink
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm

they want prophecy to indirectly "prove" that the rcc is the right way
Back to top Go down
Pony1

Pony1

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:51 pm

not sure what to think... no destruction of Rome at the beginning of the conclave, new pope doesnt seem like Petras Romanus to me, not really getting that vibe from him... only time will tell but so far it seems debunked
Back to top Go down
wil

wil

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:56 pm

moko wrote:
well i believe the rrc is trying to make Malachys prophecy come true....just not being obvious....like what happened with pope Benedict....he chose this after....and it has a relationship with the Olive.
like mentioined here from wnd,on Tom Horn's book
"The sources further argue that by selecting “Benedict” as his papal name, Cardinal Josef Ratzinger, though not a priest of the Benedictine Order, sought to identify his papacy with Malachy’s prohecy that the next-to-last pope would be identified by the epithet Gloria olivae, translated as “Glory of the Olive,” knowing the Benedictine Order is associated by tradition with olives."

so ill bet you his name now,or to be anounced,will be related to peter the roman.
they just want us to wait alittle,so it doesnt seem obvious they are planning it behind the scenes along....lol Wink

I agree with the first part... but I think with this new Pope they have applied the brake and turn 180 degrees. The 3rd secret of Fatima affirmed the prophecy which is very negative to the church, so they must make sure the new Pope gets as far away from "Peter", "Roman", "Pope Pius XIII", and anything that has to do with the prophecy.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:58 pm

We had fun speculating about the whole deal though. Smile
It's always possible that the AC changes his name like Jesus did with Simon Peter.... Smile we have so much fun looking toward the coming of Jesus. Smile it's great!
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm

I agree wil. . . . That they want to get away,atleast in some way,to the fatima prophecy. . . . But i dont agree that its related to the malachy prophecy,and they "dont" want to get away from that. . . . They want a "roman" pope now to bring authority back to the rcc. . . And that would do it

And yes Delfi. . . . It has been fun speculating

I did just get Tom Horn's email. . . . . Interesting

"Petrus Romanus is here!

This is a rush script from Raiders News Update and we’ll be able to give you more information as we analyze this fantastic fulfillment of prophecy.

1. To start with, remember as we have told audiences repeatedly, the only thing needed to fulfill the Prophecy of the Popes would be a Cardinal of Italian descent and the new Pope Jorge Mario Bergoglio is the son of Italian parents (Roman).

2. Even more important is that he is the first Jesuit Pope ever (or at least for a very long time, we are researching this) and this is a VERY important aspect of the prediction in our book because we said the name "Petrus Romanus" from the prophecy "implies this pope will reaffirm the authority of the Roman Pontiff over the Church and will emphasize the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Faith and the Roman Catholic Church above all other religions and denominations, and its authority over all Christians and all peoples of the world" (Petrus Romanus pgs 437-438). Concerning the Jesuits, their order was organized "to stop Protestantism from spreading and to preserve communion with Rome and the successor of Peter..."

Also note this from Wikipedia:

The 35th General Congregation of the Society of Jesus convened on 5 January 2008 and elected Fr. Adolfo Nicolás as the new Superior General on 19 January 2008. A month after, the Pope (Benedict) received members of the General Congregation and urged them to "to continue on the path of this mission in full fidelity to your original charism" and asked them to reflect so as "to rediscover the fullest meaning of your characteristic 'fourth vow' of obedience to the Successor of Peter." For this, he told them to "adhere totally to the Word of God and to the Magisterium's task of preserving the integral truth and unity of Catholic doctrine." This clear identity, according to the Pope, is important so that "many others may share in your ideals and join you effectively and enthusiastically." The Congregation responded with a formal declaration titled "With New Fervor and Dynamism, the Society of Jesus Responds to the Call of Benedict XVI", whereby they confirmed the Society's fidelity to the Pope.

As a Jesuit, Bergoglio also makes the perfect Pope to fulfill our second book's (Exo-Vaticana) Chardinian Jesuit predictions who have been secretly arguing in favor of a coming an alien savior (MUCH MORE ON THAT WITH THE BOOK RELEASE NEXT WEEK).

Also note this Pope was elected on 3-13-13 at 8:13 (phenomenally occult numerology) Vatican time while specifically on this date (13 th ) Pan-STARRS (Pan-demonium, all the demons) appeared close to the moon, even silhouetting it according to SPACE.com stargazing columnist Geoff Gaherty, an astronomer with the Starry Night Education night skysoftware company.

STAY TUNED... AND PRAY!

PO Box 5 | Crane, M

Last edited by moko on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Didn't Tom Horn and Chris Putnam say on the H&H proframs and other radio interviews that 1969 was the year this special gathering took place underneath the Vatican that was suppose to have imbued the one who is to be this last pope took place? Can one of you with more time on their hands that I have verify this? lol

idk

"Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness! You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness." Habakkuk 2:15
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Thats very interesting warrior. . . . . Wow. . . . Ill check into it. . . . That would be not surprising
Back to top Go down
karmur

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:49 pm

I believe what you are thinking of is the reference to the enthronement of Lucifer on June 29, 1963 (not 1969). Here is the link:

http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/petrus-seven.htm
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:55 pm

I read this earlier about the year 1969.....
Jorge Mario Bergoglio
He was ordained to the priesthood on 13 December 1969

. . . . . . Theres that 13 again. . . . . .wonder what else happened in 1969

And this,as Tom stated,confirms without a doubt. . . . . . That this pope could certainly be "peter the roman"

We didnt have to wait very long did we. . . . . : )
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Being that satan is the creator and father of the roman cathokic church,and islam too. . . . . Two of satan's greatest works. . . Im not surprised at all that hes peter the roman. . . . . Cause i know how they think,the Bible tells us satans plans
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:17 pm

This makes perfect sense. The numerology says it clearly - to those who know to look for it, which leaves out the mass (no pun intended) of Catholics worldwide. And because the choice is all but impossible to link to the name of Peter the Roman, it will quell the fears of those who were uncertain if the prophecy was real. There will be a big outcry that all the panic & hype were for nothing. That means that the 'faithful' will feel it's safe to go back to sleep. But the fact that he's a Jesuit is enormous. They are the ones most actively pushing the alien savior theory - and the report I just read at newsmax said that he's very left-leaning, as a believer in liberation theology, one who has taken stands in Argentinian politics against the government. That also fits - one to prepare the way for the AC & work for a one world socialist government. And liberation theology is dominated by liberal churchmen, who deny the deity of Christ & other essential Christian teachings. Humble & holy (as he's been described?) Who are they kidding?
Back to top Go down
Warrior Shepard

Warrior Shepard

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:35 pm

karmur wrote:
I believe what you are thinking of is the reference to the enthronement of Lucifer on June 29, 1963 (not 1969). Here is the link:

http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/petrus-seven.htm

Well there you go. Thanks for finding that!

"Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk so as to look on their nakedness! You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness." Habakkuk 2:15
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Internet Pilgrim wrote:
This makes perfect sense. The numerology says it clearly - to those who know to look for it, which leaves out the mass (no pun intended) of Catholics worldwide. And because the choice is all but impossible to link to the name of Peter the Roman, it will quell the fears of those who were uncertain if the prophecy was real. There will be a big outcry that all the panic & hype were for nothing. That means that the 'faithful' will feel it's safe to go back to sleep. But the fact that he's a Jesuit is enormous. They are the ones most actively pushing the alien savior theory - and the report I just read at newsmax said that he's very left-leaning, as a believer in liberation theology, one who has taken stands in Argentinian politics against the government. That also fits - one to prepare the way for the AC & work for a one world socialist government. And liberation theology is dominated by liberal churchmen, who deny the deity of Christ & other essential Christian teachings. Humble & holy (as he's been described?) Who are they kidding?
The Jesuits are also the ones who run the Vatican Observatories. What would be more convenient than to have one of their own as the head honcho.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:51 pm

I think wil summed up the connection over on his thread and Prisca put it in a nutshell. bright idea
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:11 pm

St. Malachy's prophecy seems to me at least, to paint this last Pope as a decent guy..... he leads his sheep during times of persecution and then comes destruction. (to paraphase). Who knows, this new fellow may be a decent guy... I'd like to think so. I have the Horn book, but I still can't see how the actual wording of the prophecy paints this supposedly "last Pope" as an evil person as some writers have suggested? Maybe by twisting and turning things it can be arrived at, but I'm not completely convinced. Time will tell I guess if the "prophecy" is true or if it's a complete dud. No sense loosing any sleep over it until something happens that settles the issue of Peter the Roman.

I hope it is a dud..... I'd hate to see Rome destroyed and people killed....plus it's a beautiful ancient city.

rawblues the American
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Tom Horn posted on fb
RNN NOTE: That Bergoglio--the final Pope on St. Malachy's list and the one prophesied to reign over the church as it enters the Great Tribulation period--named himself after Saint Francis of Assisi is intriguing given that shortly before his death Assisi prophesied that at the time of the tribulation a man would "be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavor to draw many into error and death… Some preachers will keep silence about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it…for in those days Jesus Christ will send them not a true Pastor, but a destroyer” [Works of the Seraphic Father St. Francis of Assisi (1182–1226), Washbourne, 1882 AD, 248].
Back to top Go down
moko

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Tom again on fb
Furthermore, in naming himself after Assisi, Bergoglio branded himself after an Italian priest whose original name was Francesco di Pietro (Peter) di Bernardone -- literally, Peter the Roman.
Back to top Go down
laibcoms

laibcoms

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 pm

continuing… the date analysis…

March, the month of the god of war Mars. And notice how science and NASA is into Mars these months. Just now, another Mars news/info was posted by NASA FB.

the vatican was interested init too, remember?
War with who? I wonder if this is a declaration of an all-out war with Jesus Christ and the physical and spiritual Israel.

Follow me @jcsesecuneta
Add me: Social-Network
Portal Site: The Hæven of John
Back to top Go down
wil

wil

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Can you believe this?

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/apr/17/world/fg-cardinal17?fb_action_ids=2950394134276&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:06 pm

moko wrote:
Tom again on fb

What is fb?
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 pm

wil wrote:
Can you believe this?

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/apr/17/world/fg-cardinal17?fb_action_ids=2950394134276&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

That was in 2005. Amy idea what became of the suit since then? Was it dropped, settled, etc.?

Something else interesting, this article in Newsmax- how did he know weeks ago? Was the "fix" in before they even met?

Who is Pope Francis I?

An American political figure who has asked not to be identified has
known Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio for many years and has met privately with
him.

This source predicted to us weeks ago that Bergoglio would succeed Benedict.

Our source described him as a "sweet, humble, and kind man."

He recalled that Bergoglio lived in a simple flat in Buenos Aires and took a subway to his church offices.

As for his poliitics, he is described as "more left than most" in the
Church hierarchy, one who has expressed some sympathy for liberation
theology and helping the poor — though some of this was voiced
privately.

In recent years, Bergoglio has been a strong opponent of Argentina's
Kirchner government, largely because "(President Cristina) Kirchner has
been at war with the Church."

Bergoglio also has been animated by the rising Protestant evangelical
movements throughout Latin America and has encouraged the Church to
focus on tradition while allowing the faithful to express their emotion
as well.

Francis already has been described as a compromise choice.

LIGNET, Newsmax's global intelligence and forecasting service, predicted
that the Italians who dominate the College of Cardinals would seek to
appoint one of their own.

Failing that, LIGNET reported, the Italians would seek the support of
Latin Cardinals to appoint one of from their region who was of Italian
descent. Bergoglio is the son of Italian immigrants.

Bergoglio was one of two leading Cardinals, including Leonardo Sandri,
also of Argentina, who fit the bill for a compromise candidate, as far
as the Italians were concerned.

Bergoglio was discounted as a likely choice because of his age, 76. It
was believed the conclave would seek a younger, more energetic,
"governing" pope.

The selection of Bergoglio suggests that the Cardinals could not quickly select such a reformer.

Bergoglio likely will not be a transformational pope, but one who
continues in Benedict's dogmatic footsteps while not radically changing
the Curia, the Holy See's administration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we have white smoke!    we have white smoke!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we have white smoke!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next