Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand Empty
PostSubject: Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand   Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 am

Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand Donkey1

It appears that Turkey is one of the few parts of the world that gets so cold it’s not an exaggeration to say, “It’s freezing out here.”

The video below depicts some donkeys found in a small village that have cartoonishly frozen in place due to the extreme cold weather and snow – a phenomena we thought only possible in Christmas-time claymation films, and the closest thing we know of to the exact opposite of China’s hellish summer heatwave that caused cars to explode.

It’s both comical and sad how the donkeys just sort of stand in place as though literally frozen solid, although in reality they’re probably just sticking together for warmth and severely confused about why all their donkey pals gradually turned albino.

Read Full Article

Back to top Go down
nimbus

nimbus

PostSubject: Re: Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand   Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:10 am

The poor creatures were alive!  why didn't they take them into a barn someplace??
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth345

PostSubject: Re: Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand   Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 9:38 am

Nimbus, that is exactly what I thought but most Turkish people don't consider animals as we do.
We go out to stay in Turkey regularly during the summer months and always feed at least six cats or more that are on our site, it is the first thing I do on arrival, I buy a big bag of cat food for them. It is the British ex Pats who live on the coastal areas there permanently who really show care for the street dogs and cats and the odd donkey that comes their way. Many of them make jam and bake buns and cakes to sell in the local markets.  The money collected goes towards having the local vet neuter some of them to cut down the breeding. Donkeys to them are beasts of burden sad to say and we see lots of them living in remote areas. I love animals and really hate to see cruelty, some people don't seem to understand that they have the same feeling us humans have of heat, cold and hunger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand   Turkish cold snap literally freezes animals where they stand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1