Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! Empty
PostSubject: Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!   Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week
-America Needs an Elijah

Posted on March 8, 2014by CARLOS MONTAÑA

Introduction-

I’ve just begun reading the new book Revelation 18 and the Fate of America by Dr. James F. Gauss, and so far it’s a good read, filled with lots of Biblical and U.S. history.  Scanning ahead I see some areas of discussion within the text that other authors who have written about America as Babylon have not covered.  On the one hand, Dr. Gauss would seem to be missing huge portions of the prophetic word about end times Babylon America by ignoring Old Testament prophecies, yet what is covered looks interesting, and already upon completion of my Chapter One reading I’ve had to “stop reading and start typing” for this urgent and most timely word needs to go out to the readers of this blog.

Seventy Years-

Most of you are aware of the “seventy years” prophecy of Jeremiah [25:12] and hopefully you are convinced that the prophecy will find dual fulfillment with America, the daughter of Babylon.  Essentially, what this entails is that America will have a seventy year reign as the world superpower, and I speculated back in 2012 that the seventy year countdown could not have begun any earlier than late 1943 (when the tide of World War II began to turn toward the Allies) or any later than mid-1948 (the establishment of Israel as a nation).  Furthermore, I’ve often discussed that seventy 360-day prophetic years is almost exactly sixty-nine Gregorian (current calendar) years.  Therefore, we’re looking at the fall of America from late 2012 through approximately mid-2018.  Although one could argue that the nation took a major spiritual fall* with the re-election of B.H. Obama in late 2012 as de facto king of Babylon (Biblically, twice equals “confirmation”), for a variety of Scriptural reasons I’m focused on late 2015 through late 2017 for the catastrophic physical fall.

Here is the key verse under discussion; Jeremiah 25:12-

“And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.“

Clearly, the ancient Babylonian empire under Belshazzar, which fell to the Medes and Persians in 539 BC, was never made “perpetual desolations”, and after precisely seventy years of captivity the Hebrew exiles were allowed by Cyrus to return to Jerusalem (Daniel 9 refers to Jeremiah’s seventy year prophecy).  Now, back to Dr. Gauss’ book.  Chapter One is entitled “Trial By Fire” by Dr. Peter Marshall and is a word-for-word transcript of the famous sermon delivered in New Orleans, Louisiana on 11 March, 1944, exactly 70 years ago Tuesday.  This sermon has been available on audio in the recent past from Peter Marshall Ministries, but upon the death of Peter Marshall Jr. at the age of 70 just three and one half years ago the ministry, sadly, seems to have become inactive.  For those interested, I did locate some nice books about, and audio sermons by, Rev. Peter Marshall (Sr.) on Amazon.

As far as I know this particular sermon is found in print solely within this referenced book and in a fine Lamplighter Magazine issue from March of 2007.  I am here linking the publicly-available pdf file of this article-

Link

As a quick recap, the Prophet Elijah was incensed by the mixing of Baal worship with the worship of Jehovah God in the northern territory of Israel and took on 450 prophets of Baal in front of the citizenry, forcing the people of Israel to choose sides.  This occurred during the time of King Ahab and Jezebel.

Please read pages 3 through 7 for the sermon itself and Dr. David R. Reagan’s response on page 8.  And here is Dr. Reagan on Mount Carmel repeating the beginning portion of Rev. Marshall’s sermon-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnhHoXnKN4

At 4:09 you will hear the dramatic call for a prophet in the mold of Elijah to stand up in America.

Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! Elijah-prophets-baal

Below I will select only a few pertinent quotes from Rev. Peter Marshall’s profound and powerful sermon of 11 March, 1944 (bold emphasis C.M.)-

Quote :
“If the Lord be God, follow him, but if Baal, then follow him” [I Kings 18]
The setting of the text was one of the most dramatic in the Old Testament.  The leaders of the nation, including the king, had come together to make a great decision.  It was a national emergency, something had to be done.  Elijah the prophet had called them to meet on Mount Carmel to settle no less a question than whom they should worship.  It was a day of choice, a day of destiny.  William Penn said that ‘Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants.”  Here then was an ancient Hebrew prophet facing the very same issue, and making his people face it with him . . .

. . . The true God and His holy law had been written into the nation’s constitution.  The Ten Commandments had been to them a Bill of Rights and a Declaration of Dependence.  The leaders of the young nation had taken God as their King and Sovereign . . . They had been taught that obedience to the laws of God was the only foundation for national greatness, liberty and security . . .

. . . As long as the nation could recognize God as Supreme, it could stand. But something had been happening in the national light.  The faith and the vision of the founding fathers had faded.  Moral decay had set in.  There was confusion in the minds of the people. They were beginning to forget the principles that had made them a nation.  They had begun to love things more than principles . . .

. . . Materialism had a god.  His name was Baal.  He offered to his devotees things that human instincts craved.  He was a god of the flesh . . . It was worship and indulgence expressed in lust and adorned in selfishness.  It had no inhibitions at all . . .
. . . They took a little of Jehovah and a little of Baal.  They became by degrees more and more broadminded.  Was it not a free country?  Who wanted to be old fashioned? . . .

. . . So, morality became a relative thing.  The old absolutes were regarded as far too intolerant.  The national moral standards were lowered . . .

. . . Elijah saw the danger.  He saw what would happen to the nation when its moral fiber was weakened.  He knew the end of confusion and indecision.  He believed with all his heart, that national ruin and disaster were inevitable if the nation preempted Jehovah and departed from its charter and constitution.

Sisters and brothers, we were warned a generation ago by this servant of God, that we were sliding into Baal worship of materialism and sensuality.  Now, those seventy years later, we’re getting very close to the catastrophic destruction of America, but before this event the nation’s end times Elijah will be standing up, a man described primarily in Isaiah and Jeremiah.  Will we recognize him?  In order that we do recognize him we must heed the words at the beginning of the sermon, which were based completely on what Elijah of old presented to the people of Israel.  You can rest assured that America’s Elijah will call to repentance those people who say they follow the One True God.  You must pick sides now.  There can be no more fence sitting.  If you will follow God, follow him 100%, and if you choose instead to follow Baal, go ahead and do so but no longer pretend to be a Christian.  There is no place for lukewarmness, as you can surely grasp from the hard-hitting words of our Savior Jesus Christ to today’s Church of Laodicea in Revelation 3:16-

“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.“

Time to be hot or cold.  It is a certainty that this trial by fire is coming soon.  The question is “will it purify or consume you?”  The fire of tribulation purifies the remnant and consumes the chaff.

How did the Prophet Daniel respond to his own reading of the seventy years prophecy of Jeremiah?  See Daniel 9:1 to 3 (bold emphasis C.M.)-

1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the seed of the Medes, which was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans;

2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplishseventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:

Knowing that America’s seventy years has nearly run the course, perhaps we should react in like manner, in sackcloth and ashes.

Repent now, for our Messiah’s return is near at hand,

CARLOS MONTAÑA

Last edited by Delfi on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix links to fit the page)
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!   Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:11 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/200209-huckabee-time-for-government-not-people-of-faith-to-scale-back
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

PostSubject: Re: Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!   Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Very good article.  One of my long time favorite books is "A Man Called Peter," written by Catherine Marshall and published in 1951.  It's the biography she wrote about her husband, Peter Marshall.  Peter Marshall was the Senate Chaplin until his death in 1949 and he was an incredible person.  I'm so glad Carlos Montana quoted Marshall in the above article…… his words spoken 70 years ago show that this man had a profound insight on spiritual things.

Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! 6371302_113158500270
Peter Marshall
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!   Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:21 am

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!   Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:40 am

Good points jem.

Trinity NM first atomic bomb test July 1945
Hiroshima and Nagasaki August 1945

(Since the thread is discussing fire)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!   Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trial by Fire: A Prophetic Warning Sounded Seventy Years Ago This Week- America Needs an Elijah!
Page 1 of 1