Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cyrus Cylinder

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Cyrus Cylinder  Empty
PostSubject: The Cyrus Cylinder    The Cyrus Cylinder  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 am

The Cyrus Cylinder 

Prophecy - Signs 
Thursday, April 24, 2014 
J.L. Robb 

The Cyrus Cylinder  Cyrus_cylinder

A lot of people, especially within the scientific community, correspond with me concerning God each week, mostly via email or social media. Though some scientists, most probably, do not believe in God, at least the God of Adam and Eve and Abraham, there are some who do and many who are curious. Scientists are not stupid people, and most do have pretty open minds. It takes a very open mind to believe in evolution as currently defined.

One such conversation occurred the past week on an astronomy site that was discussing the Blood Moon synopsis and what it meant, if anything. He could not believe this was even on an astronomy website and basically wished that the Christians would stay home and leave the site alone.

Of course, I couldn’t leave that alone; so I emailed him and offered to help enlighten him a bit, which he did not appreciate. He responded, telling me I obviously knew nothing about science, so that ticked me off a little more; but I was nice. I’m trying to get better at being nice and not telling people how silly they are.
Now this young man told me, “Oh, I’ve read the Bible. My mom read it all the time.”
It’s amazing how many unbelievers claim to have read the Bible, though it’s usually only a verse or two. That makes them experts.

I suggested, since he admitted to having no science degree or experience, that he might start with Josephus Flavius’ Antiquities of the Jews, which often does it. It is an amazing story. When he writes back, which he will, I will ask him to check out The Cyrus Cylinder, one of several archeological finds that prove that verses in the Bible are indeed valid, not myth.

The Cyrus Cylinder was discovered in an excavation (1879) by a British archeologist (Assyro-British) named Hormuzd Rassam. It dates from the 6th century B.C. and was found hidden in the foundations of a pagan temple in Babylon dedicated to Marduk, the protector god. It certainly lived up to its name, because it protected The Cyrus Cylinder for 2600 years. It now resides in London at the British Museum.

Written in cuneiform Akkadian script, it records the conquest of Babylon in 539 B.C. by Persian King Cyrus where King Nebuchadnezzar lived extravagantly with his famous Hanging Gardens and enslaved Jews. The Jews had been slaves in Babylon for 70 years, those that lived, after Nebuchadnezzar’s conquest and destruction of Jerusalem and the original Jewish Temple.

King Cyrus of Persia was considered a benevolent sort, though I’m sure Nebuchadnezzar didn’t see that aspect; and the Old Testament praises him for ending the Jewish 70-year exile, letting them return to their land and rebuild their temple.

So how does The Cyrus Cylinder help prove the Bible is accurate?

The ancient Jewish prophet Isaiah foretold the coming of Cyrus 150 years before he existed. Isaiah foretold that a Persian king named Cyrus would bring freedom to the enslaved Jews. Jeremiah predicted that Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon would capture and destroy Jerusalem and would hold the inhabitants in exile for 70 years.

Quote :
“… who says to the watery deep, ‘Be dry, and I will dry up your streams,’ who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,” and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”’ (Isaiah 44:27-28 NIV)
Quote :
“This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:” (Isaiah 45:1 NIV)

If that doesn’t prove something, I’m not sure what would. Had Nostradamus ever made a prediction this specific, 150 years in advance, the world would shout it from the rooftops.

Before Nebuchadnezzar attacked Israel, Jeremiah said this:

Quote :
Therefore the Lord Almighty says this: “Because you have not listened to my words, I will summon all the peoples of the north and my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon,” declares the Lord, “and I will bring them against this land and its inhabitants and against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy them and make them an object of horror and scorn, and an everlasting ruin. I will banish from them the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, the sound of millstones and the light of the lamp. This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.” (Jeremiah 25:8-11 NIV)

That’s pretty specific.

To those blinded by a desire to believe God is a myth, these predictions many years in advance that were fulfilled with 100% accuracy will not be proof. To these, DNA would not be proof.

You can lead a horse to water…

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=7799
Back to top Go down

The Cyrus Cylinder
Page 1 of 1