Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An American Prophecy: The Fourth Turning 2001-20??

Go down 
AuthorMessage

An American Prophecy: The Fourth Turning 2001-20?? Empty
PostSubject: An American Prophecy: The Fourth Turning 2001-20??   An American Prophecy: The Fourth Turning 2001-20?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 7:10 am

An American Prophecy: The Fourth Turning 2001-20??

Posted on May 3, 2014by CARLOS MONTAÑA

The title I’ve chosen for this article was inspired by an excellent book I’m currently reading, entitled The Fourth Turning, An American Prophecy:  What the Cycles of History Tell Us About America’s Next Rendezvous with Destiny.  Keeping in mind that the book was written in 1997, check out this quote from page 6 (bold emphasis C.M.)-

Quote :
Around the year 2005, a sudden spark with catalyze a Crisis mood.  Remnants of the old social order will disintegrate.  Political and economic trust will implode.  Real hardship will beset the land, with severe distress that could involve questions of class, race, nation, and empire . . . The very survival of the nation will feel at stake.  Sometime before the year 2025 America will pass through a great gate in history, commensurate with the American Revolution, Civil war, and twin emergencies of the Great Depression and World War II . . . the risk of catastrophe will be very high.  The nation could erupt into insurrection or civil violence, crack up geographically, or succumb to authoritarian rule.  If there is a war, it is likely to be one of maximum risk and effort- in other words, a total war . . . this time, American will enter a Fourth Turning with the means to inflict unimaginable horrors and, perhaps, will confront adversaries who possess the same . . . thus might the next Fourth Turning end in apocalypse, or glory.

Later, the authors, Strauss and Howe, go on to say that the Fourth Turning will begin around 2005 give or take four or five years.  I hereby propose to you, the readers, that the Fourth Turning began on the morning of 11 September, 2001 as “a sudden spark”.

As a very brief summary of their compelling, testable theory, history is broken into cycles each lasting about 84 years, the length of a long human life.  The cycles are then separated into 4 sub-cycles of approximately 21 years each, corresponding to the 4 phases of a human life; Childhood/Spring, Young Adulthood/Summer, Midlife/Autumn, and Elderhood/Winter.  These sub-cycles are called “Turnings” and include, in order, First Turnings (Highs), Second Turnings (Awakenings), Third Turnings (Unravelings), and Fourth Turnings (Crises).  This entire period of approximately 84 years is called asaeculum.  This book is not a Christian book by any means, but does give several biblical examples including the ages of Moses and Joshua, and the stages of life in the days of the Wilderness with the 40 years (or, approximately 2 life phases) of  wandering.  However, the book clearly is onto some profound truths, for it does not contradict the Bible, and the connection to the number “7″, which God uses as a time marker, is especially profound.  Besides, cyclical time is time understood biblically.  The authors show that these cycles have repeated predictably throughout the last several centuries of European history and most notably in American history from colonial days to present, with only the Civil War being an anomalous period.

The 84 years of the complete cycle (saeculum) I found especially fascinating, as this seemed to match the-dream-that-changed-my-life of 4 September, 2009 and the groupings I witnessed as such . . .

777 777

777 777

. . . which could, of course, be envisioned as . . .

21  21

21  21

[For the math-challenged, 21 x 4 = 84]

America is in her “final generation”, there will be no more “Turnings” to come.

I’ve previously demonstrated that these groups of sevens tie into the days of the endthrough a connection with Lamech, who was 777 years old when he died four or five years before the Flood; the seventy years allotted to Babylon America (Jeremiah 25:12), as 777 is the Gematria of “seventy years”; and even the Tribulation (42 or 84 months; I’m more comfortable with 42).  Now, again we see the 777 groupings encoded here within the Fourth Turning of the final saeculum of history!

It seems an ideal time to turn to the story of Anna the Prophetess of whom we read in Luke Chapter 2; Luke 2:37-

“And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.“

Anna was 84 years of age and she waited for the revealing of the Messiah.  She was the first woman to proclaim our Lord and Savior as the promised Messiah.  As a woman, Anna symbolizes the True Church.  At 84, she represents a type of the final generation. The True Church of today, the final generation, is awaiting the second coming of the Messiah.  There is no coincidence that Anna the Prophetess was precisely 84 years of age at the first revealing of the Messiah Jesus Christ- rather, God is calling our attention to this most urgent matter!

The starting date of the Fourth Turning proposed here seems straight forward.  The events of September 11th forever changed the nation and are directly linked to the economic downfall as well, as clearly demonstrated in Jonathan Cahn’s The Harbinger.

Whereas authors Strauss and Howe did not know whether America’s Fourth Turning would end in glory or catastrophe, we know from the Bible that it will be the latter.  So I’m calling on all of the readers to repent and seek the Lord.  The catastrophic end is coming sooner rather than later, most likely in the 2015 to 2018 timeframe by the seventy years prophecy of Jeremiah; Jeremiah 25:12-

“And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.“

And, speaking of this prophecy, we see the First Turning (American High) of this current cycle in America began approximately 15 August/2 September of 1945 (VJ Day) and ended abruptly on 22 November of 1963 with the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.  That sub-cycle lasted only about 18 years.  How do we date the start of the Jeremiad prophecy for America?  The seventy year countdown began around the time America became the sole Superpower, or sometime between late 1945 and mid-1948; the earlier date being more likely perhaps but the latter reflecting the formation of the nation of Israel which America was among the first to recognize.

What is disconcerting is that seventy Gregorian years is about sixty-nine prophetic (360 day) years, and of course the current year, 2014, is sixty-nine years after 1945.

There are a few voices in America who are calling the people to repentance and to leave the apostate church.  One of these men is brother Steve whom I would like to introduce here.  Steve has been working on a very important PDF book which is in nearly final form now.  I’d like all of you, my regular readers, to please go to his website and give it a read.  Believe me, his book is well worth your time and the word needs to go out at this late hour!  Here is Steve’s home page-

http://www.thepowerofgraceministries.com/

Once there, see this-

Quote :
            Click here to read
‘How a Nation Fell From Grace’

Steve would like for you to comment on his site, so go ahead and tell him what you think or ask him any questions.  By all means leave him some feedback; his book will soon be going out far and wide across the fruited plain into as many apostate churches as possible while there’s still time!  The great falling away is here and the apostate shepherds and false prophets are leading many astray.  Please keep America’s few true watchmen in your prayers.

Repent now, for our Messiah’s return is near at hand,

CARLOS MONTAÑA

—————————————————————————————————-
Bibliography-

Strauss, W., and Howe, N., 1997, The Fourth Turning, An American Prophecy:  What the Cycles of History Tell Us About America’s Next Rendezvous with Destiny- Broadway Books, New York, NY, USA, 382p.

Cahn, Jonathan, 2011, The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery that Holds the Secret of America’s Future- FrontLine Publ., Lake Mary, FL, USA, 262p.
Back to top Go down

An American Prophecy: The Fourth Turning 2001-20??
Page 1 of 1