Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

F-22 'bait' nearly takes out a commercial flight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

F-22 'bait' nearly takes out a commercial flight Empty
PostSubject: F-22 'bait' nearly takes out a commercial flight   F-22 'bait' nearly takes out a commercial flight I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Spring posted two original stories I can't find , but thought I'd do some follow up after receiving this from a friend. 

"What I find interesting about this story, and what nobody in the mainstream press has pointed out (surprise surprise!) is that Tallahassee Regional Airport is just 75 miles east of one of just a handful of sites in the US where the DoD operates Full Scale Aerial Targets (FSATS). The vast majority of these drones and optionally manned aircraft are of old F-4 Phantom stocks, known as QF-4s after being pulled from the boneyard and converted by BAe at their depot in Mojave CA."

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/airliner-had-near-miss-with-drone-did-it-belong-to-usa-1574818013

They're F-22 targets from Tyndall, lost 1 on the highway a few months ago, now they nearly run one in to a commuter flight. Cheers boys, great work.
Back to top Go down

F-22 'bait' nearly takes out a commercial flight
Page 1 of 1