Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling

Go down 
AuthorMessage

U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling Empty
PostSubject: U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling   U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:10 pm

http://www.trunews.com/u-s-f-22-stealth-jets-join-south-korea-drills-amid-saber-rattling/

By admin on April 1, 2013

U.S. Air Force handout photo of two F-22 stealth fighters

(Reuters) – The United States sent F-22 stealth fighter jets to South Korea on Sunday to join military drills aimed at underscoring the U.S. commitment to defend Seoul in the face of an intensifying campaign of threats from North Korea.

The advanced, radar-evading F-22 Raptors were deployed to Osan Air Base, the main U.S. Air Force base in South Korea, from Japan to support ongoing bilateral exercises, the U.S. military command in South Korea said in a statement that urged North Korea to restrain itself.
“(North Korea) will achieve nothing by threats or provocations, which will only further isolate North Korea and undermine international efforts to ensure peace and stability in Northeast Asia,” the statement said.

Saber-rattling on the Korean peninsula drew a plea for peace from Pope Francis, who in his first Easter Sunday address called for a diplomatic solution to the crisis on the Korean peninsula.

“Peace in Asia, above all on the Korean peninsula: may disagreements be overcome and a renewed spirit of reconciliation grow,” he said, speaking in Italian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: U.S. denounces North Korea’s ‘bellicose rhetoric’ as Kim Jong-un’s regime issues ‘final warning’   U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:12 pm

http://www.trunews.com/u-s-denounces-north-koreas-bellicose-rhetoric-as-kim-jong-uns-regime-issues-final-warning/

U.S. denounces North Korea’s ‘bellicose rhetoric’ as Kim Jong-un’s regime issues ‘final warning’
By admin on April 1, 2013

U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling Northkorea

northkorea

North Korea threatened March 30 to shut a jointly run industrial zone in its border city of Gaeseong in response to flights over the south by U.S. stealth bombers. Tensions have risen since North Korea detonated a nuclear device in February, defying global sanctions.

Tensions last rose to this level between the two sides in 2010, following the sinking of the South Korean warship Cheonan, which killed 46 sailors, and North Korea’s shelling eight months later of a South Korean border island, in which four people died.

“Every issue raised between the North and South will be dealt with in a war-time manner,” the state-run Korean Central News Agency said March 30, citing what it called a special statement. U.S. stealth bomber flights over South Korea this week are “unacceptable” and North Korea’s statement is a “final warning” to the U.S. and its allies, KCNA said.
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling   U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm

US Navy is in the process of moving a guided missile destroyer to Korea.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/31/17543980-us-navy-shifts-destroyer-in-wake-of-north-korea-missile-threats?lite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling   U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Thanks for the additional info, I did see it but there is just too much going on these days to remember to get back to add to some earlier posts.

Just too much excitement..
I'm watching the world seismographs cause something (not Sun) is causing electromagnetic readings.

Eyes open Watchers, even subtle things can be very important.

This build up around all these different countries is so disturbing!!
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling   U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 pm

spring2 wrote:
Thanks for the additional info, I did see it but there is just too much going on these days to remember to get back to add to some earlier posts.

Just too much excitement..
I'm watching the world seismographs cause something (not Sun) is causing electromagnetic readings.

Eyes open Watchers, even subtle things can be very important.

This build up around all these different countries is so disturbing!!
Amen to that. Also reports of Chinese troops and air unit movements near NK border. Things seem to be heating up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/01/china-mobilizing-troops-jets-near-n-korean-border/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: U.S. Navy moving radar platform closer to North Korea's coast, Pentagon says   U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 pm

http://www.legitgov.org/US-Navy-moving-radar-platform-closer-North-Koreas-coast-Pentagon-says

U.S. Navy moving radar platform closer to North Korea's coast, Pentagon says
April 1, 2013 by legitgov
ShareThis

U.S. Navy moving radar platform closer to North Korea's coast, Pentagon says 01 Apr 2013 The U.S. Navy is moving a warship and a sea-based radar platform closer to the North Korean coast in order to monitor that country's military moves, including possible new missile launches, a Defense Department official said Monday. The decision to move at least one ship and the oil rig-like SBX-1 are the first of what may be other naval deployments, CNN has learned. The United States has bolstered the exercises with shows of force that included overflights by nuclear-capable B-2 stealth bombers, massive Cold War-era B-52s and F-22 Raptor stealth fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling   U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid saber-rattling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1