Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS Empty
PostSubject: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 am

APRIL 4, 2013

By Chuck Baldwin
April 4, 2013
NewsWithViews.com

Is Christ King, Or Is Caesar King? Christian, Make Up Your Mind

With the Easter message fresh on my mind, I am again reminded of what the Jewish leaders said to Pilate when they tried to coerce him to crucify Jesus. They said, “We have no king but Caesar.” Remember, these were the Jewish Pharisees, scribes, elders, priests, and high priests. They prided themselves in being scholars of the Torah. They believed themselves to be the sole interpreters of the Mosaic Law. Yet, the very First Commandment of the Decalogue handed down to Moses is, “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” But in order to stay in the good graces of the Roman government, they emphatically proclaimed that they recognized no king but Caesar.

Remember, Caesar insisted that everyone recognize him to be, not only king, but God. To be loyal to Rome, one had to acknowledge the deity of Caesar. One could worship any other god that one wanted to, as long as Caesar was acknowledged as Sovereign. Historians famously say that there were as many gods in Rome as people. Rome prided itself in being religiously pluralistic and tolerant. First Century Christians were not persecuted because they worshipped Jesus; they were persecuted because they refused to worship Caesar; they refused to acknowledge the sovereignty of Caesar. It was for this reason that early Christians were fed to lions and made sport of in the amphitheaters.

In their desire to use the Roman government to advance their own agenda (crucifying Christ and later His disciples and apostles), the Jewish leaders were quite willing to acknowledge the deity and sovereignty of Caesar–even though doing so was a blatant violation of the First Commandment given by Jehovah to Moses. Is it a little more than interesting that after conducting a secret, illegal trial of Jesus and blaspheming God in declaring Caesar king that they immediately afterward sat down to observe the Passover? No wonder Jesus called them “Hypocrites.”

“What does all of this have to do with modern America?” you ask. Everything!

more

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin747.htm
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 pm

From the article;
Quote :
Furthermore, Jesus plainly instructed His disciples to buy a sword (Luke 22:36). The Roman sword was the most effective and efficient self-defense tool in the world at the time. The Roman sword was the First Century equivalent of the modern-day AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. Realize, too, that when Jesus uttered this command, it was against the law for Hebrews to possess a sword of this type. Yes, Jesus commanded His disciples to break the law of man in order to obey the higher Natural Law of God. So much for the argument that Jesus would endorse Obama’s universal background check proposal.

Very interesting. This makes a bit of difference. Smile
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Hypocrisy. When you go there, logic makes a swift exit.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:18 pm

@JEW

Of course, King David didn't claim to be a god. We still see the impacts of julius and augustus caesar making themselves gods in the western calendar. What an abomination to inculcate children that the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th months by name are skewed because of not only roman idolatries but secular paganism.

It's the same old scheme the rebel angels have used all along. This is what happened with Daniel and the Hebrew children, as regards worshiping Nebuchadnezzer.

In Ezekiel 8, the amalgamated pantheon is exposed by taking the prophet into the hidden inner chambers of even the elders and rulers of Israel.

Constantine did the same thing by combining the northern and southern european pantheons. Which we see in both romance language names for the days of the week and in english naming which have retained the northern european slant. Masons and occultists have likewise influenced how market holidays are practiced through "secular paganism."

sun sun's day domingo valentines bow & arrows not Passover
moon moon's day lunes easter rabbit eggs not Unleavened
mars tua's day martes 4th of july fireworks not First Fruits
mercury wodens' day miercoles halloween trick or treat not Pentecost
jupiter joves' day jueves thanksgiving turkey & stuffing not Trumpets
venus freya's day viernes xmas tree & ornaments not Atonement
saturn saturn's day sabado new years father time not Tabernacles

The global pantheon will likely do the same. But behind all of it the rebel angels are pulling the strings. This is keyed to the Book of Revelation.

sun sun god the beast antichrist wolf not the lamb
moon moon god false prophet balaam
mars war god death hell
mercury trickster god babylon jezebel
jupiter lightning god the destroyer abaddon
venus mother god "elites" nicolaitans baals
saturn father god the dragon satan

Same rebel angel princes as all along that have masqueraded as gods. And mated with humans to form hybrid races like the giants that Joshua and King David were sent to wipe out. Same situation in Sodom where the populace wanted to have sex with the angels. They take over the rulers, chiefs and kings, and the rich & famous of the world and turn them into false public servants. The nazis tried to back breed the ubermensch / superheros to become a super human race -- the same old trick and scheme of the rebel angels all along. Create the dominant species.

Their end-time plan is the same, secular paganism, all faiths religion -- all people have to do is join their club and worship the beast by using his name, the number of his name, or his mark. Same beast as all along, the rebel angel that's the sun god or takes the office of the sun god. And through whatever human or hybrid it takes over -- it will focus on Jerusalem and try to exterminate christians, jews, and whoever else refuses to bow down to it along with any other faith they practice.

The beast will declare itself a god and demand worship.

Here's a prophecy from The Revelation chapter 13 (note the pantheon)
Quote :
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

There are other related prophecies if you're interested?
Back to top Go down
Blessed1313

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Furthermore, Jesus plainly instructed His disciples to buy a sword (Luke 22:36).

Looking further into this statement, I use to think it meant the same thing, that he told them to get swords to fight "literally". However, it always bugged me that this was NEVER the character or nature of Jesus. He stated just a few verses later (also to the churches in revelation) that "those who live by the sword would die by the sword. Jesus also had the angels at his disposal to do battle for him at any time. Just by Jesus answering the soldiers with the priest "I am he", they all "fell backwards". Jesus also KNEW that when he sent them the "holy spirit" (told Peter...when you are converted), they would be able to do what he did and more. So..........what was this sword?
The Hebrew word is
machaira =
1) a large knife, used for killing animals and cutting up flesh
2) a small sword, as distinguished from a large sword
a) curved sword, for a cutting stroke
b) a straight sword, for thrusting
In this sentence of Luke 22, he said to take a money bag, their provisions and a large knife (not a Roman sword) because they would be hunted down for persecution soon after his death. They would be scattered and need to leave their homes with all the things to help them live that type of lifestyle. Living out in the wild at times requires a knife to hunt and live off of the land. This is why he responded, "It is enough!".
The word "ENOUGH" in the Hebrew language:
hikanos = ) sufficient
a) many enough, enough
b) sufficient in ability, i.e. meet, fit
__ Enough has been said on this subject (Jesus used this phrase when frustrated with his disciples and their misunderstanding or absurd utterance/actions. It is a Hebrew phrase often used to "cut off" the conversation that has become absurd. Jesus used it again when he was frustrated at the 3 disciples who could not stay awake later that night.
For me to get to know more about Jesus, I had to stop using American/modern day meanings of words/phrases and study history concerning events of the time and traditions of the Hebrew people (idioms and sayings). The English language has numerous such sayings and phrases which confuse many foreigners today and I can not imagine someone 2000 years from today trying to decipher such translations from books written today.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Silence in Heaven.... it can be reverence and it can be the realization that more is yet to come. Keeping silence is not counted as action and is often missed as sovereign judgment. Silence is not what we want to hear in answer to prayer.

Consider the weekday sabbath as a day of rest, a time to keep silence. A time when the toil of servants, and of the land, and of the creatures therein ceases. Just as necessary as sleep or there will be burn-out. What happens when the land burns-out?

We will need to recognize the way which the Almighty does things. He set a pattern in the six days of creation, and rested the seventh. In the Trumpet and Vial judgments in the Revelation, He gives the world what they want -- isolation from Heaven.

Revelation 15:8
And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.

Rev.Rev. Genesis
# Trumpets Vials KeyCreationnote
1 8.7 16:2 earthlightphysics
2 8:8-9 16:3 seaelementschemistry
3 8:10 16:4 rivers and fountainsseeds & plantsbiology
4 8:12 16:8 sun, moon, and starslights of heavencosmology
5 9:1 16:10 bottomless pitfish & fowlecology
6 9:13-15 16:12 Euphratesman & beastssociology
7 10:07 16:17 airrestedsilence

Background

The Vials, are vials of smoke from the golden altar and censer in the throne room of Heaven.

Quote :

Rev 8:3-5 -- And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
Rev 9:13 -- And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
Rev 15:2 -- And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

What starts in the Trumpets is completed in the Vials.

Rev. 8-9 link to Rev. 15-16

1. Earth: Rev. 8:7 links to 16:2
a) Rev 8:7 -- The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
b) Rev 16:2 -- And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

2. Sea: Rev. 8:8-9 links to 16:3
a) Rev 8:8-9 -- And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; (9) And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
b) Rev 16:3 -- And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

3. Rivers & Fountains: Rev. 8:10 links to 16:4
a) Rev 8:10 -- And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; [wormwood]
b) Rev 16:4 -- And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

4. Sun, Moon, Stars: Rev. 8:12 links to 16:8
a) Rev 8:12 -- And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
b) Rev 16:8 -- And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

5. Bottomless Pit (the Abyss): Rev. 9:1 links to 16:10
a) Rev 9:1 -- And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
b) Rev 16:10 -- And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

6. Euphrates (babylon?): Rev. 9:13-15 links to 16:12
a) Rev 9:13-15 -- And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates. And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
b) Rev 16:12 -- And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

7. Air: Rev. 10:07(?) links to 16:17
a) Rev 10:7-- But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets. [cp. "silence"]
b) Rev 16:17 -- And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

No air = silence. We need to see what happens when the Seventh Seal is opened. It's in a funny place; not in Rev. 6 or 7 like you'd expect.

Revelation 8
1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

So there are parallels. God's doing things by 7's (in fractals no less). It's like a signature.

In brief then, the Revelation opens with Jesus Christ (Yeshua Messiah) walking in the midst of the candles (the churches). He corrects them telling that the overcomers will be rewarded and those that don't repent are ... let's let that wait for another session.

The point here is that the candles are burning. And the Revelation has parallel sequences like candles burning, which we see quite clearly in the Trumpets and the Vials. Also with a hint that the opening of the 7th Seal, corresponds to the 7th Trumpet and 7th Vial.

Related by "silence."

(more?)

Last edited by hiscity on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Before getting to the 10 Commandments... (we've just been warming up)

There's a really good book over on House Church Central by Vernard Eller, called "Christian Anarchy"

http://www.hccentral.com/eller12/

It very clearly and enjoyably makes the case that Christ is the highest authority and He's pretty much indifferent to the alternatives.

We who are minted in the image of God -- need to render to Him -- His due.

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Here's a hint... (cp. the don'ts to the do's)

1 no other gods, no idols (none of them can Save anyone)
2 no blasphemy (respect His Name)
3 no murder (keep peace)
4 no coveting (practice wisdom)
5 no adultery (have faith)
6 no stealing (care for the needy)
7 no false witness (give true testimony)

We show our love...
In honoring our parents,
keeping sabbath (to give others rest),
and considering that Our God has said,

"I will show steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

He has reserved unto Himself a remnant not only among His people, but in every generation, (nation, tribe, tongue, and people).

Quote :
Romans 2:11-16

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law:
and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God,
but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law,
do by nature the things contained in the law,
these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts,
their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean
while accusing or else excusing one another;
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men
by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS   NO KING BUT CAESAR AND THE PROGRESSIVES’ TEN COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1