Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?  Empty
PostSubject: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?    Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 7:49 am

Prophecy - Signs 
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 
Wendy Wippel 

One wise soul once observed that there’s a fine line between hobbies and mental illness. Particularly collecting.  A blood relative of mine, e.g., proudly displays dozens of glass replicas of vintage cars, filled with aftershave. (I rest my case.)  I collect evidences for pre-trib rapture. Which at least don’t add to the clutter.

Even among true evangelicals (increasingly outnumbered, seemingly, by those afflicted with itching ears), issues divide us, baptism (water/ Holy Spirit), musical instruments, eternal security. The most fervently debated topic, however, is, arguably, the rapture. Specifically its timing.

Varieties of theological positions on the timing of the rapture are floating around there in Greater Christendom. For instance, the position held by the emergent, postmodern “church”, who view the rapture in general as 1) a mythical event constructed by  ignorant fundamental Christians through an overzealous twisting of Scripture and 2) one believed by that group, known otherwise as the lunatic fringe of Christianity.

I’m using the term  “church” loosely when I talk about the postmodern church, but hey, so did John in Revelation 3:14.  The bulk of the evangelical world, however, is divided, as far as the timing of the rapture goes, into two camps: rapture occurring before the beginning of the tribulation (otherwise known as pre-trib), and rapture at the end of tribulation predictably known as post-trib). As promised, in this column I will continue to share some of the reasons to anticipate pretrib rapture that I’ve been collecting. .

Continue, because I have previously posted several:  What’s Your Flight Shedule? (Nov 13, 2014); Wednesday’s Church (October 3, 2012) and Going to the Chapel (November 23, 2011).  And probably more that I have forgotten.

Let’s start from a birds-eye view. The Book of Revelation presents a timeline of endtime events, beginning with tribulation and ending with the final victory-of the Lamb over His enemies, as promised. It is this timeline in Revelation that enables us to figure out how all of the pieces of the prophetic picture scattered throughout the Old Testament books fit in, together giving us a wide-scope but also, detailed picture of the events prophesied to be our world to an end.

And Revelation begins with the state of the Church on earth (actually, in sequence, an entire timeline of church history, ending with the apostate church of Laodicea) followed by, in chronological sequence:

1. The opening of a door into heaven.
  2. A command, from God, to “come up here.”
  3. Recognition of the Lamb as the source of redemption, followed by enthusiastic worship of the same
  4. Jesus, the savior, being acknowledged as worthy to break the seals of the scroll.

Then Jesus takes the scroll --that only He can open and breaks the first seal. And with the first seal, unleashes the Antichrist (the Imitation Christ) who, having signed the treaty which Daniel identifies as the official starting gun for tribulation (Daniel 9:27), is now free to begin the world conquest that was always his real intent.  And he begins his quest for world domination by riding a white horse, in imitation of the Christ the Avenger of blood who will come to save His people in Revelation 19.

The Lord Jesus opens the first seal, and the antichrist, the imitation Christ, rides forth, and, with that, the tribulation begins. After the church is identified as being on earth and, after a door to heaven opens and God’s voice says, “come up here.”   And—most intriguingly--before the first seal of the tribulation is opened.

Not convinced?  The rest of the book reiterates that the “Come up here” in Revelation 4, on the Revelation timeline, is, in fact, the rapture of the church.

How can we tell?  The next 15 chapters of Revelation.

Although the church is the absolute focus of the first three chapters of Revelation (before the “come up here”), mentioned, in fact 17 times in those three chapters, in the next 15 chapters of Revelation the church is completely and conspicuously absent.  (Although Zion and Israel do appear, as do Judah, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Napthali, Issachar, Asher, Gad , Benjamin, Manasseh,  and Joseph).  The church finally reappears, however, in Revelation Chapter 19, but they’re not, as Hank Hanegraff would have us believe, enduring tribulation.  To the contrary, the church is coming back to earth, with their bridegroom and Savior, as the purified and redeemed bride of Christ.

Past tense, done deal, fait accompli, as described in Revelation 19:

Quote :
“Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints …. 11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[e] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[f] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[g] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."

The armies in heaven, already purified, are clothed in fine linen (identifying them as the church vis-à-vis Revelation 19:Cool and coming back now from heaven with their Savior and Lord. They follow Him out of heaven, not into heaven.  So this is not the rapture.  And Isaiah 65 identified the elect that are gathered at the end of tribulation as the remnant of Israel saved during the tribulation, not the church, as is often argued by the post-trib view.

And with that, the Revelation timeline of the church is complete. To recap: the church is the complete focus of Chapters 1-3, but then beckoned by God in Revelation 4 to “come up here”. They are then totally absent from the events on earth laid out in chapters 5-18, reappearing only in chapter 19 of Revelation as the bride of Christ (having completed her bridal “week” of seven years) on her way the wedding feast described in Revelation 19:9. 

The purpose of the tribulation is spelled out for us in Hosea 5:15 and it’s not to purify the bride (who, as we saw above, has already purified and given, by her bridegroom, the garments of salvation).

It’s to bring His chosen people back into His arms. According to the Lord himself, “I will return again to my place till they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek my face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek me.”

And they will. But the church will be watching that glorious day from the balcony!

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=8024
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?    Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Quote :
The Lord Jesus opens the first seal, and the antichrist, the imitation Christ, rides forth, and, with that, the tribulation begins. After the church is identified as being on earth and, after a door to heaven opens and God’s voice says, “come up here.”   And—most intriguingly--before the first seal of the tribulation is opened.

i still see the 1st seal white horse as the one who sets the stage and the 4th seal as the arrival of the antichrist and false prophet. If there is a rapture, i can only see it as taking place in chapter 7, but what i actually see there is the 144,000, and they’re not all Jews - there are 11 tribes of Israel and 1 tribe of Jews. A little while later, in chapter 12, there’s a woman protected in the wilderness.

Of all the 7 churches in chapters 2 and 3, only 1 is deemed worthy enough to be kept from the hour of temptation and they are the 144,000. The people in white robes died for their faith. (See Rev. 6:11, 7:14, 20:4)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?    Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:24 pm

i should probably mention, in case it's not quite clear, that i'm pretty sure the 144,000 and the woman in the wilderness are two different groups of people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?    Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm no expert but I see the 144,000 as the ones who have lost their lives in the name of Jesus through beheading etc.

Those who flee to the hills / wilderness, I see some as possibly being included in those above if they are captured and killed due to not renouncing their faith in the Lord, and the rest taken up after being prepared.

Going back to Rev. to read, correct me if wrong, I don't mind, give scripture etc, ... but PLEASE consider the following below! Re-watch that video mentioned and the date mentioned. Should we not be leaving now?

Only reason for posting on this one is the wilderness angle.
I believe that the post scottr gave us on the subject 101 minutes was our warning to Flee to the Hills.
Ample warning time as in short months. It may be that sudden destruction is not just a nuclear attack but Jade Helm and your inability to escape it's total control around you.
Why, because of Jade Helm, it is not fully disclosed to us, can morph, has 2 parts or more with the intention of using Multi-National funds and Multi-National Forces to round up Dissidents, Gun Confiscations, Veterans, Journalists of Alternative news, Patriots etc.
Look at the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveillance Surveillance, is fully covered and Intended to Track Down Those above!!!

Might be good time to ask yourselves ... just when should one leave, as the longer you wait the more eyes watching for you leaving!!!
Leave the Cells behind and no trace of direction and no roads! Just common sense!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?    Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1