Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ear to hear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ear to hear Empty
PostSubject: Ear to hear   Ear to hear I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Read more: Simon And Garfunkel - The Boxer Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

Ear to hear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ear to hear   Ear to hear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 3:30 pm

I remember being in 7th grade music class, and they passed out lyric sheets for us to sing this song.  But they changed the lyrics, so as not to offend the sensibilities of kids or their parents, from,

Quote :
Asking only workman's wages
I come looking for a job,
But I get no offers,
Just a come-on from the whores
On Seventh Avenue
I do declare,
There were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there, le le le le le le le

to "Just a come-on from the bores
On Seventh Avenue"

It certainly was a different world in 1970.  It's also funny how that stuck in my mind after all of these years; something seemingly so trivial. oldman
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

Ear to hear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ear to hear   Ear to hear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Funny for this to come up today (The Boxer) as I just listened to this song today on the Bridge Over Troubled Waters reel to reel tape. I still like every single song on that tape even 45 years later. This was probably Simon & Garfunkel's greatest album ever.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Internet Pilgrim

Internet Pilgrim

Ear to hear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ear to hear   Ear to hear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:43 pm

I thought by now someone would have posted it!

Back to top Go down

Ear to hear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ear to hear   Ear to hear I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Good songs are timeless as are things of good design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ear to hear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ear to hear   Ear to hear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ear to hear
Page 1 of 1